Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Cacti Cutting Storage

tottallynotme

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Juin 2009
If I were to purchase several cacti cuttings and not plant all of them, as long as the bottom is dried out I can store them for months without worry, right?
I believe they come with some sort of powder to keep them dry, but when they arrive should I throw some more desiccant in, or is it unnecessary?
Also, in theory would leaving the cuttings in the dark stress them and increase mescaline content, or would they just sit their dormant. Not that the mescaline content matters since it would be illegal for one to consume.

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I once kept a 60cm cutting in the fridge (in the vegetable box, where it isn't quite as cold as in the rest of the fridge). When I took it out a few weeks later (like at least a month) it looked exactly like when I had put it in, no changes whatsoever.
I think the mescaline content might increase because of the stress, but I can't tell you for sure. It can't hurt either ;)

I don't know about the desiccant... do you want to dry them? Because you can dry plants effectively (shrooms, weed, cacti) by putting them in desiccant boxes.
If you don't want to dry them, I'd put that stuff away from the plant!

tottallynotme

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Juin 2009
Well, I certainly can't store them in the fridge and I want to keep them unmolded so later I could plant them or SWIM could consume them.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
"Don't SWIM just drown."

Just leaving cactus out in the open air has lead to mold growth 100% of the time in my experience.
If a fridge isn't an option possibly an airtight container with some desiccant.

tottallynotme

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Juin 2009
So, should a mostly airtight container with some paper and a lot of toasted epsom salt (to dehydate it) work?

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
If you dehydrate it too much the poor bugger wont grow anymore