Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Brainwave Entrainment

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
Anyone try this? I read a really good experience report from the Erowid vaults and a couple people mentioned using this to enhance their state of mind.

I've downloaded a bunch of entrainment mp3's and plan on meditating and listening to them with a bowl or two of cannabis. I'll repost if I experience anything out of ordinary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainwave_synchronization

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Check the mp3s for errors before listening to them (I think there is software for that). These kind of tracks must be in a perfect condition, otherwise the entrainment won't work (or you might even get into a weird headspace).

I've listened to lots of brainwave entrainment CD's, mainly from Jeffrey Thompson: http://www.neuroacoustic.com/

I love their "effects", both during their "peak" and afterwards. I recon cannabis will enhance the effects.

Napew

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Juil 2007
what about using brainwave under psychedelic like lsa or p.torch???

Alias55A

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
12 Nov 2008
i have had luck with those, i quite a bunch of the brainwave generators/entrainment and such, a new one im trying out now is the Holosync, which has different levels to put you in deeper states, ofcourse I have to startfrom beginning lol, its more of a mastering meditation at each level kind of thing before you move to the next, you should check it out

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Napew a dit:
what about using brainwave under psychedelic like lsa or p.torch???
It may be possible, but I'd still opt for doing a brainwave meditation before the trip starts, rather than during it. Unless you've got a brainwave entrainment with really nice music. Most of the CD's I heard sounded quite spooky. OK for the sober state, not really my choice when I'm tripping balls.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
Can one get them for free somewhere? (mp3s)

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Not that I condone it, but I'm sure there are illegal torrents out there.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
cheers :D

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
OOOOOOHHHHH Lossless!

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
what's wrong with flac? it's exactly what you'd want for something like this (lossless compression, unlike mp3)

but yeah, this might take a while.. probably will just download one of the files in the torrent first and see how it goes

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I'd neet to download a flac-converter again etc. What I heard is that mp3 only cuts away sounds that the ear doesn't hear anyway... or does brainwave sync. work with soundlesssound?

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
restin a dit:
thepiratebay.org is by the way a better search engine than torrentz IMO.

you get TPB results in torrentz... besides, torrentz is but a search engine, that looks torrents for you. it doesn't actually have any torrent files, unlike a tracker, like TPB.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
restin a dit:
I'd neet to download a flac-converter again etc. What I heard is that mp3 only cuts away sounds that the ear doesn't hear anyway... or does brainwave sync. work with soundlesssound?

This definably could by the case for this one. You also need a headphone else it will probably not work. Google Hemi sync, and you will find more about the author's etc.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
restin a dit:

true, finding a converter can be irritating. are you pc based? i generally just use foobar.. drag and drop flac into it and it plays just fine. also you can right click files in it and convert to .wav if you want to reencode as mp3 or burn to cd.

http://www.foobar2000.org/

as far as mp3 goes.. well it encodes sounds based on psychoacoustic models of what the "majority" of people supposedly don't hear. but mp3 just doesn't work for all types of music and sound.. especially things like thick ambient string music (including complex ambient guitar textures and orchestras), or cymbals go all metallic and warbly. unless mp3s are really high quality like 256kb/s then around there i pretty much can't tell the difference anymore usually

significationof?!?

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Déc 2008
Hey, I know I'll sound like I've never seen a computer, but how the hell does a torrent works? All I get from downloading the files is a 56ko file that can't be read with any program. Help?

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
you need a torrent program to get it working. the little 56kb torrent isn't the file, it just contain links to servers where the file is being shared. the idea is you only share one file at a time, and the more you upload, the faster download speed you get as well.

there's a lot of torrent programs out there, they're pretty much all free.. here's one of them

http://www.utorrent.com/

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I dont have headphones but it worked with earphones fine, too. And if I need to convert flac into mp3 the whole thing is futile anyway. I think itunes doesnt accept flac...? I will soon upload these disks on rapidshare and post the link...

Anyways, I tried it out yesterday. It was really interesting, something very new. I cant say "it worked wooow" but it has something special. Maybe it was just the clean high I had :wink: Especially the fluctuating tone is interesting as you can change its rate if you try... Definetly something I will try further on. Maybe it is just because it was the first time etc. but it was quite disturbing sometimes, especially the fluctuating tone can drive you MAD. :D

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
here's the first link, it is the whole first disc (wave I)

pw: restinismymaster

pw dedicated to GOD.

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=LYJQ5XLZ

it is mp3 by the way.

If you want more, PM or just post here.