Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Best vaporiser?

Psychoid

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
I am considering buying a vaporiser soon. But I don't know which one I should choose. I want the best quality at the lowest price, as I'm not rich but still want something that works very good. There's no way I'm gonna buy the volcano, as it's too expensive. I read other threads on the forum about vaporisers and the V-Tower Extreme seems a good choice. I read it was as good as the volcano, and it's half the price (299.99$). What I'm asking you is if you know of another good vaporiser that does at least as good but is less expensive? And also is there a reason why I should NOT choose the V-Tower Extreme?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
My experience is that the balloons don't attach as easily to the Arizer unit as they do to the Volcano unit. Inhalation from a Volcano balloon is more easy too. Refilling the herb chamber is relatively easy for both vaporizers, but still opening the Easy Valve system requires less effort and entails less risk of burning your fingers. Quality of the vapor is basically the same, but the comfort in using the two machines differs somewhat.

I think the Volcano is without dispute the most solid, easy-to-use vaporizer that's out there. But the Arizer Extreme is definitely an awesome machine as well. Quite easy to use with lots of useful functions, and much more affordable.

imagine

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Juin 2009
I have a V-tower extreme and i love it.

Only difficulty is if your using it for different things, ive found that i cant use the same fitting for crystals after using it for weed. (The mesh manages to bring across alot of taste.)

Some of the hand held ones looks good

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
Get a water pipe, dude. Chill the water and pour it in.

Cheaper and does basically the same thing.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
rofl I want a vaporiser to save my lungs I'm not gonna buy a water pipe I'll still be inhaling smoke.

Thank you everyone else for your inputs, I will definitely go for the V-Tower Extreme, I've heard only good about it.

Affirmatory

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Déc 2008
was that a poor attempt at sarcasm Synith? If not you really should do some reading... If you don't have time, I will summarise for you: Bongs = shit. Vaporisers = good.
In the long run it will be cheaper to get a vaporiser, they're quite efficient.

I have an extensively used Extreme and I don't have anything bad to say about it. If I had to complain, the heat proof stuff around where you put your herbs fell off, but I still don't burn my fingers, and it took about a year to happen, so that's ok. The glass bits break easily too but hey they're glass.

Haven't tried Volcano.

Jeniger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Oct 2008
I use a glass pipe with a hole in the front, then i'll keep my flame around 3 cm from the weed to vaporise it, inhaling really slowly, hold in as much/long as u can and fly away.The hole in front really cools the smoke adding a lot of oxygen to boost ur high.
No need for expensive vapos :)

spiralpipe.png

best pipe i have seen :heart:

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
Affirmatory -

Either way it's cooling the smoke and getting rid of harsh biproducts.

If you dont wish to inhale the shit, make brownies.

Henkfloyd

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Jan 2008
Yeah, or buy a vaporiser ;)

endlessness

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Mar 2008
Synith a dit:
Affirmatory -

Either way it's cooling the smoke and getting rid of harsh biproducts.

No its not

one has smoke, including all sorts of combustion byproducts that are toxic. Even if some stuff is filtered by the water, you also lose thc, not to mention that in the combustion itself you already lose maybe 50% of the thc..

The other doesnt have smoke AT ALL, it only has vapours of volatile terpenoids, thc and other essential oils that have the boiling point lower than, say, 200 degrees celcius. Its much more efficient way, and imo, worlds away in terms of taste.

its VERY different.

as for the OP. .I've only tried the volcano and the vaporgenie pipe, and obviously loooooove the volcano.. For those saying that these self made vaporizing pipes are good and no need for expensive stuff.. well, I dont agree.. I have the vaporgenie, which also works, but it doesnt compare to the reliability, ease of use, possibility of choosing exact temperatures, etc...

In any case, the V-Tower sounds good.. I think the straight inalation option could be great for using it for other stuff like dmt.. did anybody try it already? In the volcano people say the dmt condenses too fast in the baloon.

Is that what you were talking about, 'Imagine' ? What crystals do you mean?

Affirmatory

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Déc 2008
'cooling the smoke'

yes

'getting rid of harsh biproducts'

not really. A well rolled joint or a pipe smoked properly will be more efficient. Bongs are mostly a waste of weed.

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
Hah.

To each their own. I prefer pipes or bongs. Joints are nasty to me and they end up wasting the herb.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Then you don't know how to smoke properly. Bongs are the most destructive way to smoke, pipe is the best. But THE BEST is to not smoke at all and just vaporise.

But I guess if you prefer destroying your lungs and poisoning yourself, that's your problem after all...

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
Psychoid a dit:
Then you don't know how to smoke properly. Bongs are the most destructive way to smoke, pipe is the best. But THE BEST is to not smoke at all and just vaporise.

But I guess if you prefer destroying your lungs and poisoning yourself, that's your problem after all...

I know. Which is why I don't do bongs regularly. I prefer a pipe to a joint or bong. I don't wanna waste the stuff.

As for destroying my lungs-- what? Yes, anything smokey in the lungs isn't good, but the thc ends up getting rid of the nastiness from the smoke.

As for vaporize-- yes, it is more 'healthy,' but you end up loosing thc. It seems silly to waste it just on the fact that it gets rid of byproducts when thc cleans out them in the body in the first place.

imagine

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Juin 2009
I disagree on the vapouriser losing any thc

My comsumption went from 28g/week to about 7-8, for the same effect.

In fact the only negative thing that i have to say about the vapouriser is that (and its easily remedied) you dont get the satisfaction of ripping it through a bong and that lovely burn.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Synith a dit:
As for vaporize-- yes, it is more 'healthy,' but you end up loosing thc.
What is that based upon? When set to the proper temperature, using a vaporizer is a more efficient rather than a less efficient method of freeing THC from cannabis. You can also collect the 'spent' and make weed butter.

When you smoke, the combustion process is out of control, so between your puffs a lot of THC goes up in smoke (spreads like an incense through your room, or is blown away by the wind). With a vaporizer between puffs the THC is either inhaled, or remains on the herb.

but the thc ends up getting rid of the nastiness from the smoke.
"Getting rid" isn't really what it does. It neutralizes some carcinogenic effects, that's true, but your body still has to get rid of the tars.

Affirmatory

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Déc 2008
I am 100% sure that using a vaporiser is more efficient at getting the most thc from your herb than any smoking method.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
imagine a dit:
I disagree on the vapouriser losing any thc

My comsumption went from 28g/week to about 7-8, for the same effect.

In fact the only negative thing that i have to say about the vapouriser is that (and its easily remedied) you dont get the satisfaction of ripping it through a bong and that lovely burn.

this!