Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Ayahuasca ... "pre- ritual-rituals"

Silence_Inc

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Août 2005
hellow, i'm new on the board. so, hellow everybody... .

in a month from now i will be doing an Ayahuasca ritual. It's with a female shaman and 10 other travellers. My question is about the phisical and psychological preparations one can take before attending an Ayahuasca ritual.

i know about MAO inhibitors - so i'll take that diet in my heart.

i'm planning to fast - but might need to get some help from poeple that now something about fasting before a trip - building up to it or just NOT eat all day.

are there poeple that have other diets to fellow the week or 2 weeks before the ritual.

also i wanna try to withdraw from sexual activity for the whole week (maybe two if i'm that big a hero ;) )

anyone with advice en tis subject - please do ... .

love

starsofthesea

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Oct 2004
Dear silence-inc.

Special diet before a ritual are to be sure not to eat meat. Meat takes us "down" and a lot af meat has a suffering conciousness if the animals have been treated bad in bio industry.

If you are planning to fast, it's best to do this realy good!! Fasting is a serious thing not to be taken to unoverthought!!
Before you start to fast you have to build off eating. One week beforen fasting you stop drinking coffee, black tea, and limonade. And you stop eating meat!!
3 days before you start you eat simple fresh food, In the morning you can eat some yoghurt with bifidus culture, fruit, honey and soya lecithine.
In the midday you eat some toasted brown bread with vegetables and olive oil, you can also choose to eat cooked rice with steamed vegelables.
For dinner you eat also a simple meal with rice or patatoe and vegetables and salat.
The second day you eat the same as the fist day only less.
The third day you start with yogurt only without fruit.. and for lunch you eat rice with steamed vegetables. For dinner you only drink tea.. During this day you also take saurkrautjuice.. this is to empty your intestins. You can also use sennatea.(senna you only use two or three times not often!!! because it empties your intestins laxating, and this you should NOT do in dayly life, when not fasting!)
Every day you drink 2 liters of water and herbal
tea.
So now you are ready for take of.. You can fast for as many days as you like, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 - 40 days... If you deside to fast more than 3 days I recoment to buy an good book about fasting.
There are three ways to fast,
1) you can only drink herbal teas. Make sure you use tea to clean the liver, an tea to stimulate the kidneys and a detox to clean the blood. Don't overdose the teas!! 3 little cups of every tea a day and the rest you drink water.
2) You can drink a fruit juice (100ml) in the morning, and vegetable juice (100ml) for lunch and dinner.. and the teas as above..
3) you can use a little well cooked rice once a day.. rest juices and teas.

To build up eating you need half the time you have been fasting. You start with an apple, chew good!! and you can eat some ricecracker with honey. for dinner you only take tea.
The next day you can use some yoghurt with lineseads and honey in the morning, for lunch you take ricecrackers with salad and for dinner you eat rice with steamed vegetables. every day you eat a little more. start with a little bit. Don't overeat the third day you also put some olive oil over the salat to stimulate the gallblatter. And you can also eat toasted brownbread and some tofu with dinner.
Don't use salt the first days because salt use can lead to oedemia. It's important not to eat heavy food the first week, like beans, cheese, meat, nuts, chips, cakes etc etc. Also don't use any alcohol, coffee, black tea for over a week after fasting.

Some pre and during ritual tips:
* Take a good shower and make sure that you are clean before going to the ritual. Brush your teeth, floss etc.
* Drink a lot of water or herbal tea the day of the ritual.
* dress in white clothes, white protects against negative influences.
* Don't wear any red or black during the ritual, these collors can attrack "lower" energies, you probably don't want to contact.
* go to bed early the night before. And if you can, take a nap in the evening before the ritual.
* I like to wear a jewels with stones like mounain cristal, or any stone you prefer. You can also take a peace of gemstone with you, looks very beautiful while tripping!!!
* make sure you wear clothes that fit good, and that aren't to tight, also take a nice warm sweather or blanket you can get quite cold during ayahuasca sessions.
* Don't drink water just after taking the ayahuasca, it can make you feel nauseous and it could also decrease the intensity of the trip.
* If you throw up, make sure you wash away the vomit in your mouth with water after you threw up and spit this out in the bucket. The vomit is full of old toxins and energies you don't want to swallow again...
* If you feel very sad and had to cry in the ritual, you can take a sip of water after you quiet down, water flushes the suffering fibes away..

Well that's about it for today if you have any more questios about fasting, feel free to ask.. :truce:

Silence_Inc

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Août 2005
hi there Star!

thanks for this 'densed' information!

good thing is that i already don't eat cow's or any other animal. coffee i don't drink. mostly i drink water. i still do drink limonades - just have the need for that sugar ;) ... but i think this ritual is the start of some serious re-programming. especially on the phisical health part (doing more yoga, drinking only water, and creating more natural sleep and waking ritm) ... also i smoke alot of weed - i'm gonna quit that in a week so i have several weeks to 'clean up' before the ritual. hope to keep that up too .... .although, maybe once in a while won't hurt ;)

i do think i'm gonna try to fast a few days ... i'll take your advice very serious and will read a little more upon it.

if i have more questions i'll ask - but this will get me quit on the way.

thank you very much for the reply ...

namaste... .n.

starsofthesea

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Oct 2004
Hello, hello.

Wish you a good ritual. Many times marihuana is used during ayahuasca rituals. I have been taking a lot of it for years and have stoped smoking every day because it pushed me to much in a lazy state of mind.
Smoking only once or twice a month changes the effect of "santa Maria" if you smoke her everyday you get under her skirt and don't learn anything. Smoking sometimes, she's a good teacher on how to live straith and how to sit straith, I learn a lot on how to straiten my back, and how to flow the energy in my body.
About the limonade, try to drink natural limonade without sugar... sugar takes us down.. Ok first lifts you up for a short time, then puts you down, just as other drugs, cofee, alcohol, xtc, etc etc.. That's the way of the addiction, you need more and more to try to stay up, don't want to fall.
Ayahuasca works the other way around, shows you what takes you down, what's important to change, than if you have examined your counciousness on things you do and think that take you down, and change yourself, you free yourself and you go up..
I hope you will learn a lot from the Ayahuasca, it's a sacred plant, the cleaner your body and mind, the better it will help you to heal deeper layers of conciousness. Every time you take Ayahuasca, the deeper it will clean your body mind and spirit. It's an medicin a remedy a healer. Never call it a drug...

Namaste M.

Silence_Inc

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Août 2005
my inner intuitions are manifesting in more clearity. still i have problems with defining what is my need or what is the best choice. it's been several years that i wanted to participate a ritual - and i feel that now is the time. i'm ready... ready to give up what is not helping my future evolution. "santa maria" is one of them. should use it for purpose - not as a hobby ... cause sometimes it feels like that ...

thank you for your help and energy!

lot's of love ... n.

patilan420

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
well, Its up to you how long to fast( no animal neither plant protin, no fat, just frots and vegetables) from 3 days to 1 week is enough, if you are vegetarian or vegan it's much better
than it's very good in the day before the night of the ritual not to speak, in order to connect to your higher level.
It's good to be with the people who will participate in the day before the ritual and to prepare the place together.

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I know you probably already did your trip, but some other people might find the information useful. It's probably a good idea to cut down on the most toxifying substances a week before the trip. First cut the worst things (cheese, meat, alcohol, nicotine and sugar and salt), then gradually take less and less produced foods and more and more fresh fruits and vegetables, cut down the nuts, the grains around 4 days prior, keep hydration WAY up, exercise regularly, brush every part of your body, get a deep tissue massage if you've got time. MEDITATE every morning and evening for half an hour. Try to fast 24 hours prior to the trip. Drink enough clear water and fruit juices. After the trip, do things the reverse order, although this is probably harder than the other way around, because you don't have a definite goal in mind. It might be a good idea to get some book on detoxification or browse online. The more of the above you do, the better you are prepared for the trip.