Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Ayahuasca alone or under guidens

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Amoak I would advise you to dig a little deeper in it because you are still not talking (all) sense ;)

he seeds, as well as the roots, of P. harmala contain a mixture of the
harmala alkaloids, harmine and harmaline.

This is from erowid and, to my mind, common kowledge. So if what you say is true, the unique effect from caapi comes either from:

- an unclassified compound in caapi
- a specific ratio of harmine/harmaline in caapi

Rue is psychedelic also on its own, for sure. The only thing is, to get those effects, you have to take a lot and this is mostly unpleasant on the body. I'm with you on the nausea, can be bad. For me, its gone after 5 minutes and doesnt return but a good friend managed to get a group of 5 people deadsick for an entire night.

So yes, I do fully agree with you that rue is more of a challenge.

But the experience of both brews is 'simply' DMT in combo with a MAOI.

Expectations play a large part in these experiences and if I had known about these differences between aya and jurema, chances are I would have discovered experientially that you and Brew and the others are right.

But the thing is, when I brew mimosa/rue, I was convinced it was the real stuff. I approached it like that, took it like that and the experience was just like that as well. And it was very different from a mushroom or DMT experience. While writing this, flashes come back. The jungle vistas, the goddess, the energetic, sphere of energy around my body. It was all very strange though very much in sync with everything I read about aya in the 15 years preceeding this experience.

I dont really want to go into a long debate about this but I trust my own experience and I'm not going to give it up lightly

so for that reason, you've inspired me to place an order for some caapi and I will try a different vendor this time . Do you think caapi/chaliponga would make an interesting combo?

Cheers
HC

amoak

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
11 Mai 2006
HeartCore a dit:
- an unclassified compound in caapi
- a specific ratio of harmine/harmaline in caapi

But the experience of both brews is 'simply' DMT in combo with a MAOI.

so for that reason, you've inspired me to place an order for some caapi and I will try a different vendor this time . Do you think caapi/chaliponga would make an interesting combo?

Cheers
HC

I know that , rue contains both alkalois and even more others , but caapi don't contain harmaline and in rue is small amounts , and science still not so advanced to detect all substances in the plants and every years there are some changes and news about the alkaloids .
And aso truffles trip is really diffrent from cubensis or copelandia or liberty caps and they have all the same alkaloids.

But maybe your right and there is no great diffrence about the effects , i think is just my spiritual side talking and i'm already much connected with caapi

About caapi with chaliponga , is far the best and stronger combo I've tried and is my normal combo , the pik is much more longer than the others , i don't know why but is longer and much more visual , but recommend you to use strong caapi like red caapi and don't use too much yage leaves , 10 g is enough for a very strong trip , at least with me .

greetings

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Actually I realize I dont know shit about caapi and should have kept my mouth shut untill I tried ;)

Do you have any 'foolproof' ways/tips for brewing caapi/chaliponga?

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I've learned while using viridis and cabrerana that it is much harder to extract the goodies than mimosa. Shit, mimosa can just sit in cold water overnight and it's good to go. Using leafy material, I throw it in a blender or food processor with a little water so it gets chopped up into tiny little pieces. Then simmer, just below boiling, with more water for several hours. Throw in some lemon juice too. Strain. Repeat. I do this 3 times. First for one hour, second for 2, third for 3 hours. Obviously, don't use more water than necessary or it will take forever to reduce once you've added all 3 boils together.

This usually turns into an all day affair for me. But oh so worth it.

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
However in B. caapi the tetrahydroharmine grade is higher (which gives you more telepathic effects). '*******'

amoak

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
11 Mai 2006
The problem is not only that's hard extract the alkaloids from the chapilonga but even more hard is the caapi , you can change water 20 times and the caapi will always change the water , cook it at least 6 hours never less , and cook them together the caapi and the leaves like the traditional brew , you can put some tabacco if you want to vomit harder or clean your stomach.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Blech!!! Tobacco :thumbsdown: The first time I did Aya was with a shaman that insisted you drink a tiny little cup full of tobaccy juice before taking the aya. I tried telling him that I hadn't eaten in 24 hours but he pretty much made me. As soon as that black nastiness hit my stomach I felt all hot and sweaty and sick like you would if you smoked too many cigs too quickly. Automatically the shit came back up. Fucking gross and worse than the taste of san pedro and mimosa hostilis put together.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Shamans often use tobacco juice for cleaning your body. I seen a documentary on a San Pedro ceremony where the shaman made the participants snort tobacco juice through their noses until they threw up. Not very nice, but surely intense...

patilan420

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
scamie a dit:
I really like to do ayahuasca and i am not sure what to do. Do it alone at home. Or go to something like S. Daime? Are there people who have experience with S. Daime? Are there other places/ peolple shaman guidens, to go to in holland to experience ayahuasca?

rgrds s :D
doing it alone nomater where , OR doing it at home with nomater who would be a miss, for me the best part of the ayahuasca is it's socializing effect and the way it includes the others in "yourself" and converts an unknown place in the very essence of 'home"...

funny, the first time I took part in Jurema ritual, the man who was gathered us to share the drink also wanted us to snif tobaco water...
very nasty feeling, but it's a good cleaning(if only the tobaco is pure organick stuff)

Yes, it seems that the Caapi gives more of that telepathick/empathic feelng, while the harmala only alowes the tryptamine containing plants to unfold their visionary effects
It also seems that the Jurema(M.Hostilis)gives much intensive visions than the Chacruna(P.Viridus),
Anyway, mixing diferent types of ayahuasca plants gives much more complex feeling.

Santo Daime felows are realy cute, they sing so nice and they give a very good example of how the traditional ritual looks like, but the amount and the concentration of the drinks they serve is just a fraction of what the native amazonans are using.
Yes, there are many diferent spiritual groops using ayahuasca in many places, it's becoming more popular, and diferent people are introducing it to their cultural field with diferent aproach.