Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Avoiding the eating rush...

Bandersnatch

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Déc 2005
As an experienced blower I've always have had problems after smoking some, I can't stop eating no matter what I do...
Does anyone know a way to prevent this shit?

Shneck

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Nov 2005
Try eating before smoking. I did it a couple of times, and it works.

On the other hand, what's the problem? Munchies is a great thing - food tastes awesome, you enjoy the taste, the smell, the texture - wah!, and it tastes so much better than if you're sober.
Some folks say it kills the high, - well, at least not in my case.

It's like if you've said: "When I'm high, I can't stop listening to the music, how to prevent this shit, anyone?"

Well, it's just my point, can be wrong of course.

Peace.

Bandersnatch

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Déc 2005
the problem is i've had some serious eating disorders in the past, and when i'm high the munchies make me go sad cause i'll eat only unhealthy stuff (lots of sugar and fat), so i have to diet like a week or so before i can smoke some again which is really fucked up

Shneck

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Nov 2005
That sucks, man.
Maybe you could try preparing a batch of healthy food prior to smoking, so that when the munchies start knocking at your door you load the good stuff instead of the sugar-fat shit.
I know it's kind of a lame advice for sweets taste so good when on weed, yet at least you could give it a try.
Peace and safe toking.

plantguardian

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Déc 2005
I'd simply have healthy snacks available, like carrot sticks or something... I'm fortunate to never have had a weight or eating problem but then my job is physical and I always burn off the calories I take in (or pretty close to).

Maybe you could start taking martial arts and the discipline you learn in the dojo you can then expand into other areas of your life that require attention.

Just an idea... :D

Brakkie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Juil 2005
What I always do is sit up in my room and lie on my couch. If I'm stoned enough I won't even bother going down to get some food. Just make sure you aren't too close to the kitchen should be a good start...

ProStoner

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
from my experience..
It works to eat a lot till ur filled nicely;) and then smoke weed
its just as soothing and u dont get the munchies cause ur waay to full:)

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Instead of eating, smoke another bowl.
Hehe, when I was still smoking, this method brought me down to 60kg (which is like 10kg less than my normal weight should be...)

Panoramix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
12 Jan 2006
Hi belgian comrade !! :thumbsup:

If you can't avoid the eating-rush after a few joints, :unibrow:
the best advice I could give you is : eat something before the joints !!...
As far as I'm concerned, the two things that keeps me from that nasty "food rush hour" are : biological muesli and porridge.

Post-scriptum : you can even inserte a little stuff in the porridge's boiling milk :lol:

Bever

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
27 Jan 2006
Like most answers, I'd say: eat before you smoke. You could still have some munchies, but not really hunger. Hunger when being stoned is irritating. Myself, I always have some butter-cookies with me. I really love those cookies and when I'm stoned I love them even more.

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
The best way to avoid this (or better say :was) to just not buy any of that junk food. When you are in the supermarkted just buy only the things you need (meals and (healty) snacks). What you do not have you cannot eat.

In most cases getting stoned will also make you lazy so going to the store is not somehing you would want to do.

Panoramix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
12 Jan 2006
:

... When you are in the supermarket just buy only the things you need (meals and (healty) snacks). What you do not have you cannot eat...

Indeed, not buying junk food is a good idea, but if you're really hungry and there's nothing at home, for sure you'll go at the closest night shop to buy lots of those little poisonous snacks we all enjoy when we're high
:oops:

Cyproxicus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Jan 2006
than get some stuff that won't harm u..
I used to get some dry biscuits.. after one roll (25 pcs or smtn) ur more than full. And there's no fat, no sugar, no black cancerous burns.. just a filled stomach and a 45 eurocents loss.
Goin' out at night to get a snack is the worst thing to do..

BTW, what would also work: smoke more.. till u fall asleep. And have a good breakfast the next morning :D

Shroomlady

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
8 Déc 2005
dry biscuits.... that's something I would never buy. I do prefer some very unheathly sweet candy's... or just a big bag of chips....

thesacraments

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Fev 2006
My way to avoid the rush is to stop thinking about food at all...
I never have a eating-rush after i smoke... Also when i smoke to much its no problem at all...

Maybe i have the luck? maybe you should try my method...
Just do not think about the foody at all.

You can also try to chew on a gum (stimirol is my favorite)...

Murphy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Fev 2006
I should gain some weight, i'm to fucking skinny.
Just get some healthy snacks, like an apple for example, and make sure you're far away from unhealthy shit.
Or smoke another one was a good advice :)

x

thesacraments

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Fev 2006
for real murphy your a skinny lill bitch :lol:
But haay... i'm also skinny... and i dont mind you know.
If the ladies don't mind it... me neither! :wink:

you see guys i'm 18 and my weight is 55 kg... is that so bad? :shock:

Murphy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Fev 2006
same here but i'm 21, lol

Eleni

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
18 Mai 2006
Hi,

Seems Belgian girls all experience the same problem :lol:
when I'm smoking with my best friend our chocolate addiction is emphasized.. as I always have plenty of chocolate flavoured things at home, when stone we prepare chocolate milk, cookies, bread, cake &c.. and it keeps us so active.

The good thing is (and I wonder if that is because of anything in weed or shit) that I never took one pound after a food-rush. Lucky me!

My advice to you would be "stop worrying, keep on enjoying".

Greetz