Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Arkansas cop tasers ten yr. old girl

VapourTrail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Sept 2007
I've known crack heads that aren't so jumpy as to feel threatened by a 10 year old girl!

Paraphrasing something I heard -

The type of people who would choose to join the police force in its current state are the very people who should be prevented from joining.

spice

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
we agree on this.......

now, check this out;

http://www.wafb.com/Global/category.asp?C=62002

I'm definitely not condoning this kind of behaivour, but this guy is on the most wanted list for swatting his kid w/ a broomstick. I got no problem understanding that hitting a person is wrong, but a broomstick seems a bit less lethal than a taser.

The cop gets a week paid vacation for tasering this child, the child is charged with a crime, (an adult crime, btw) and the dad that hit his kid is on the most wanted crimestoppers.

Fucked

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
:cry:

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
america is fucked up... just like the upside down world we live in is... cops destroying justice, universities destroying knowledge, societies destroying the need to care about each other, etc etc :(

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I swear to god, there's a percentage of cops out there who are repressed sadists who get off on dressing up in uniforms and hurting random people

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
spice a dit:
we agree on this.......

now, check this out;

http://www.wafb.com/Global/category.asp?C=62002

I'm definitely not condoning this kind of behaivour, but this guy is on the most wanted list for swatting his kid w/ a broomstick. I got no problem understanding that hitting a person is wrong, but a broomstick seems a bit less lethal than a taser.

The cop gets a week paid vacation for tasering this child, the child is charged with a crime, (an adult crime, btw) and the dad that hit his kid is on the most wanted crimestoppers.

Fucked

Im not sure if you skipped over this small detale, but the kid who was hit with a broomstick was two tears old, that might as well be attempted murder on my books. But the most wanted list... thats a bit much. Put out a pickup order, hel turn up eventually.

and braineater.. i aggree with you completly man. I HATE this country.

The land of the free.... HA... they diddnt mention the list of fine print. :roll:

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
No, it's completely wrong, and I didn't miss the details.

BUT, I don't think the cop should have gotten a weeks paid vacation while everyone cools off about it, because that's what it comes down to, the publics memory is short, and this reality is repetitively exploited.

The guy that hit his kid with a broomstick should be in jail.

and his girlfriend should be that cop that tasered the ten year old girl.

Hope this clarifies

logi

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
9 Juil 2009
It must have been a horrible sight to witness and the mother still condones it!

Social Services anyone? (not that they would help a whole lot)

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
st.bot.32 a dit:
I swear to god, there's a percentage of cops out there who are repressed sadists who get off on dressing up in uniforms and hurting random people

Unfortunately this is about 80% of the US police force and probably about 65-70% of Canada's.

As for the article, I read this when it first broke and was absolutely appalled. Sadly, everyone I mentioned it to was just like "oh...well that sucks...". No one seems to understand that a full grown cop, just put thousands of volts through a little girl's body, FOR THE HELL OF IT! She was no threat, she was ten!

He said that he felt restraining her was potentially dangerous to her...apparently he missed the Taser training day where it mentions that they are a WEAPON, not to mention the DEATHS that have happened from their use. People like this make me sick, and people who don't understand the....gravity...of incidents like this make me even sicker. How can anyone ever justify something like this?!

spisshak

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Fev 2009
let me explain it to you this way partner.
society is desistized to this kind of thing if it does'nt affect your pocket book your car don't have a scratch on it, and your kids are ok why would you in truth care?
until this kind of thing happens to you then it's your problem and guess what nobody cares about that either.
just what's on tv, or thier bank balance, job security, etc.
things shall continue as they are because nobody's gonna do anything about it but piss and moan and take the moral highground.
after all that, it wil be yesterday's news forgotten, happens all the time.
people don't matter in american society you have'nt figured that out?
money is all that matters here.

spisshak

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Fev 2009
cold hard reality
it sucks ass, but that's what it is; and that's why i'm an atheiest, because i see things for what they really are.

sensei58

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Jan 2010
Baton Rouge police need the public's help to find a man who is accused of hitting his two-year-old with a broom. According to investigators, Jay Paul, 28, got mad when the child didn't get onto the couch like he was told.

i don't know hitting a 2year old(whit a broom) is worse than tasing a ten year old in my opinion

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
It isn't about which one is a more terrible act of crime anyway. They're both nauseating!

What IS important is that the cop didn't even get punished ONE BIT for tasing(!) the girl..
Note the following quote from the initial article: "While chief Noggle initially said Bradshaw would not face disciplinary action, the officer was subsequently suspended for seven days on full pay for failing to turn on a camera attached to the Taser, in line with department policy."

He was only punished for not turning on the camera!
Spice is absolutely right about comparing this pig with broomstick-dad.
Only because worse things happen in the world doesn't mean you should be allowed to go through with these 'lesser' crimes unpunished!

sensei58

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Jan 2010
Mescaline a dit:
It isn't about which one is a more terrible act of crime anyway. They're both nauseating!

What IS important is that the cop didn't even get punished ONE BIT for tasing(!) the girl..
Note the following quote from the initial article: "While chief Noggle initially said Bradshaw would not face disciplinary action, the officer was subsequently suspended for seven days on full pay for failing to turn on a camera attached to the Taser, in line with department policy."

He was only punished for not turning on the camera!
Spice is absolutely right about comparing this pig with broomstick-dad.
Only because worse things happen in the world doesn't mean you should be allowed to go through with these 'lesser' crimes unpunished!

thank you for the great point i wouldn't condone either act i just post my opinion and i'll gladly retract the statement, if it's agreed to be flawed, for the reason that i'd rather change my mind than accept ignorance of stubbornness(especially since i'm taurus and i'm "supposed to be" predisposed to it )