Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Are we going to make it?

Psychoid

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
HeartCore a dit:
We have Islam on one side, the religion of peace that actually will provide world peace, once the entire world is converted to Islam.

I hope you weren't serious...

No religion is going to bring world peace. I think the first step towards it would in fact be to eliminate all forms of religion, and learn sprituality and good values instead of dogmas. When we will start to make people feel valorised for being good with others, instead of making them fear doing something bad, and culpabilising them when that happens.

If there is one religion that could bring world peace, I think it would be formed from this text:

http://www.psychonaut.com/index.php?opt ... 42&lang=de

All of this sounds much more credible and makes a lot more sense than any religion on this planet.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I think HC was being ironic.

Anyway this is a human nature problem--blindly, unquestioningly following dogma and ideology because it empowers the ego--it just manifests itself through religion in this part of the world. Until we get a grasp on our human nature we will never be rid of this problem, with our without religion.

Even in so-called atheist nations, people can still blindly play follow the leader to whatever end. Hell, that can become their religion, they become delusional and violent, running around killing off millions upon millions of each other..

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
Here's a very interesting docu about exponential growth of our culture, what the consequences are, and how we are lied to by our governments in relation to how much gas/petro is actually left for us to use.

Tnx for this super reference by Dr. A. Albert Bartlett !

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Fortunately the psychedelic experience is a good antidote for both fundamentalist religion and nationalism.

HeartCore a dit:
As long as more than 50% of the American people believe Noah's ark is an actual historic record, you can safely assume that religion still dictates the majority of our culture. Seperation of church and politics is a farce which never happened.
But politics don't determine culture. If anything influences the cultural climate of most Western countries, it is the entertainment industry, and what we get from that industry isn't a reflection of politics. The White House says we shouldn't do drugs, while Hollywood and the music industry practically glorify them all the time (especially pot). You get weird situations at festivals, where the event itself says "free your mind", and the local authorities harass or even arrest people for doing drugs.

You're right about the vast numbers of Christians in the United States. There have been those that suggested the religious idiots tend to outbreed intellectuals and mystics, which is probably true. It makes you wonder how seriously we should ultimately take this democracy, and thus politics in general. The pen is mightier than the sword. It's the intellectuals and artists that are most influential within any culture. Laws can try to regulate the public life of a culture, but never really govern or steer its inner directions. So from that perspective, there is hope.

By the way, I'm not arguing the current human state of affairs will survive much longer, just that I believe some human beings will survive whatever is going to happen, and figure out how to live a more sustainable existence.

Though the number of Chrisitans is high, there is an important difference between religion and science: Religious faith will never be strengthened by new inspirational writings, because the focus is always a fixed archaic scripture. Science however is an ever expanding body of knowledge, which means that the faith, conviction and understanding of scientists is ever increasing, especially when the disciplines start to exchange data, or when psychedelics are added to the process. So our arguments against modern Christianity, Islam and similar dogmatic and political movements are going to be more and more intricate and elaborate, while their arguments and claims become sillier and sillier. Science is also becoming more and more spiritual, gradually becoming a much more attractive source of information for spiritual seekers. When I say science, I of course mean including psychology and anthropology, and everything related to psychedelics and consciousness.

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
^this reminded me: One day I was talking about the environmental crisis with a young kid(about 6 or 7 years old), and at a certain point of the conversation he stated " The scientists will find a way..."
I conclude from this that there has been a certain transference of «faith» from religion to science in the new generations, people more and more believe in science and its powers of achievements. (Maybe to much?)

Tunnelvision a dit:
if this is what you THINK...this is your destiny

I don't believe in destiny.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
That's the weird thing about science, it requires a lot of work to properly understand and hence by its very nature esoteric to the layman.

So yes, the average person can 'believe' in science in that it will magically fix all the world's problems and bring us to the promised land. Which is bollox of course.

If you practice the scientific method on the other hand, you have a 'belief' that the universe is consistent, and that if you drop a ball in Australia it will fall (law of gravity) same as it will in say, the Polynesian Islands, etc.

Or perhaps you believe in Einstein's 'god'.. in the mystery and grandeur of the Universe and the Awe that comes with uncovering how amazing and contradictory to human common sense the universe is.. as we slowly piece together small infinitesimal bits of the puzzle.

Those are vastly different kinds of belief systems. One is based on metaphor, one is based on crticism and experience, one is based on a belief in tradition and authority. I think there is a lot of confusion in society caused by this.