Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Anxiety

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Just wondering if/how anyone deals with anxiety while on mushrooms.

How do you deal with it, get rid of it, cope with it?

My current stratagy works, but I'd rather like to get something else:

I usually continually looke 8 hours in advance and tell myself "I'm going to be ok".

I haven't done them for about 3-4 months now, not planning for atleast a year, but I do wonder how I can soothe my mind from wanting to implode while on mushrooms.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
I'd also be interested to know, as I'm planning to take 7g soon after 8-9 months without, and anxiety often was a problem in the come-up, and sometimes it stayed for the first 2-3 hours, until an intense discharge of orgasmic energy killed it in a delicious fury. Last trip I had taken 5g and I had to deal with bad anxiety, and what I did is take my MP3 and go for a walk, and when Psychoaktive Landscape by Velvet Acid Christ started, the aforementionned discharge of energy occurred.

mrpink

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Juin 2009
I like to tell myself the anxiety is the product of the come up. Essentially the anxiety is my ego and conscious dealing with expansion of my mind. That the anxiety is basically meaningless. It's a byproduct, I'm worrying about nothing because I took mushrooms. It really has made everything feel just fine. But of course on a regular basis I make sure that my brain is aware that mushrooms produce this anxiety. I am aware at all times that this is what they do, which when I'm on mushrooms I am realizing that it's true. The mushrooms have created this anxiety. It's less of an approach and more of a mindset, it seems to help.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
It is an invitation to go inside, to explore the inner realms in which you fabricate a fiction about yourself and expose the true inner self. Greet it as such.

Thinking: "I'm going to be okay in eight hours" will just produce a mindset in which you are not okay in the now. It will put the focus on the future and what is wrong now, denying the invitation and going into survival-mode.

If you go inside, you'll discover that this anxiety is based on a fiction, and that continuing to feed that fiction isn't ever going to help you. Don't deny the fear or the fiction, because then you keep on running away from it.

Embrace it. Be loving and gentle to yourself as you think: "So I'm afraid right now. How does that feel?"

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
I dont really get anxeity on Shrooms.
I mean it can get intense, and weird.
But a bad trip for me on acid is far worse.

How to deal with it?
Well, i kinda just embrace it, accept it and ride the snake.

But otherwise, change the setting to something more calm down.
Some positive chillout music, maybe?

mrvitorsky

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juin 2009
Ya like he said no anxiety on shrooms, the body load/high is so strong for me I cant experience anxiety, I have experienced very deep dark depression tho to the point where I was standing in on a ledge, luckily i decided against it. Also loss of emotion just that blank stare and empty laugh kinda thing where you feel like yep this is it hahahha i could kill this person and honestly it wouldnt matter... nothing... one time this happen to me and my buddy on the same trip so no one to cheer us up we just cynically smiled for hours and laughed at what this all really is tell the point where we wanted to kill each other.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Stop thinking and focus on music instead! I think Fork explained all of the rest ;)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Mrvitorsky, been there - you have to create your own reasoning to morales.

Its a paradox, they don't exist until you create them, but if you create them, they are real. I have found this out through a very strenous few years.

Thanks for your imput guys, I will be practicing these things when I come across sober anxiety also.

I know what I'm doing to combat anxiety isn't the best option, it is the "survival mode" as you put it, and just gets me out alive - I'll have to experiment more and more.

The last anxiety however, was different, and that is why I'm really staying clean for a year or two - I'm going to have to really learn myself before I see that again.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
IJesusChrist, it looks like your to obsessed with anxiety. It almost as if the word mushrooms makes you already paranoid. Really, play some good music which you haven't listen to much and makes you already euphoric. Let the music guide you, shut down your thinking process and concentrate on the feelings the music triggers.

I had the exact same trouble as you, but in this way i learned to handle the mushroom trips. You can also experiment with the dose, which give you a better insight into the different phases your going trough, when you come up.

The first times i tripped, i didn't understand why i where so afraid and couldn't really do the things as my friends could do. Now i understand this was because i where just to sensitive. If i lower my dose, i am able to trip with others. And if want to go really deep, i upper the dose and trip alone with some good music ;)

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I used to have anxiety while coming up on psychedelics.
Then I did DMT.
Now I only have anxiety while coming up on DMT.
So I've got the problem partly solved.

Regarding mushrooms, it helps to make tea out of them.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
I used to have anxiety while coming up on psychedelics.
Then I did DMT.
Now I only have anxiety while coming up on DMT.
So I've got the problem partly solved.

Regarding mushrooms, it helps to make tea out of them.

Interesting :) I am still afraid of dmt, so this sounds motivating ;)

Guigz

Inscrit
18 Sept 2008
Sorry, my response wasn't very psychonautic, but hippieflip can help, or a good product of kratom bali ingest before shrooms, but nausea will be more pronounced. So used Risparidine ( not with MDMA-hippiflip- interaction betxeen amphetaminic analog and risparidine ) in the same time.

The only way for swim when he want to take and enjoy shrooms trip.

I agree with mental preparation, but in certains case, combo can be usefull.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I don't bend, fate bends me into any direction, if it's anxiety, then it's anxiety, if it's bliss, then it's bliss. But once over, the returned sober levels, alias life on a sitting horse, is the hereafter.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
listen to music.
playing music.
Singing or listening to someone sing or play music

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
^but not too freaky music :wink: At least I feel better when I am familiar with the songs played.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
restin a dit:
^but not too freaky music :wink: At least I feel better when I am familiar with the songs played.

Indeed it would be wise to pay careful attention to your playlist. Because one freaky song can destroy the peaceful and enjoying experience your going trough ;) In the past i made this mistake a way to often.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I think Brugmansia hit it on the head. You can artificially try to stay away from anxiety, but if it comes, it comes and it is an opportunity rather than something horrible.

alphasnail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2006
try a dose of MDMA before hand and after ingest the mushrooms. its like having a 8hr orgasm.