Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Admin account

magickmumu

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
I don't want psychonaut.com to become a place where you can threaten people and get away with it.
I want this forum to be a place where every psychonaut feels welcome.
Without being instantly attacked upon. Without being confronted with someones sexual frustration all the time. And above all without being threatened.

In the past years God has been like a watchdog. Following people around on this forum and bullying them. Some people have left this forum because of arguments with him.
I am not going to let him have the pleasure of spoiling my time on this forum.
I don't care about God. He is a silly character.
But I don't like it when he turns psychonauts away from this site. :(

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
CM, thanks for pming me the password.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I understand your concerns for freedom of speech. But it's of little use trying to turn this very complex situation into a matter of fascism versus freedom of speech, or one person against another. We all want freedom of speech and most definitely a peaceful environment. But for the sake of the latter, one has to put limits to the former. That's why we have forum rules.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
So I wasn't crazy after all... it still hurts.

I think Viljo really deserves the password... 111 posts, this is quite a feat !

Cheers and lets move on !!!

Jeniger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Oct 2008
emo guys come on..... take control of ur ego's and transcend, learn from what the plants are teaching us...

Rymmen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
I understand your concerns for freedom of speech. But it's of little use trying to turn this very complex situation into a matter of fascism versus freedom of speech, or one person against another. We all want freedom of speech and most definitely a peaceful environment. But for the sake of the latter, one has to put limits to the former. That's why we have forum rules.
actually, i'm sure everyone here but you wants an environment free of astrology :roll:

seriously, man. it is a very simple issue. you can't tolerate god. frankly, i find your use of power perverse and corrupted. maybe it is you who should be banned.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Rymmen a dit:
seriously, man. it is a very simple issue.
Again, if you or anyone else wants to look at this from a simplistic point of view, you're free to do so. But simplistic views and statements don't impress me very much. They never did.

Ganesha

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mar 2009
I think it is rather simplistic to equate the words 'simple' and 'simplistic'.

Jeniger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Oct 2008
“If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue. Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved, and the need to judge. Those are the three things the ego is doing all the time. It's very important to be aware of them every time they come up.

Rymmen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
Rymmen a dit:
seriously, man. it is a very simple issue.
Again, if you or anyone else wants to look at this from a simplistic point of view, you're free to do so. But simplistic views and statements don't impress me very much. They never did.
well, then, enlighten us. what is the issue at hand?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Rymmen a dit:
well, then, enlighten us. what is the issue at hand?
Thanks for asking.

GOD's behavior in general, over the course of years, is the reason for his ban. Two former moderators have commented yesterday that "GOD should have been banned months/years ago." Two other members said the same thing. In the past Rutger, Jakobien and Mycophile (all former moderators with Administrator rights) have considered the need to ban GOD. The person who was the Site Admin before me (HeartCore), didn't ban GOD but threw his hands in the air and left. I did the same in January.

Psychonaut.com isn't just a community, it is also a URL. And that URL contains a word that people interpret differently. For some a psychonaut means a certain thing, and for another it means something else. For some it may include interest in esoteric subjects, for others such interests are a disgrace to the URL and what it represents.

GOD has very strong opinions on what it means to be a psychonaut, and what kind of topics are a disgrace to this website. He also has very strong opinions as to what kind of personal interests qualify one for being in need of a psychiatrist.

I do not want to get into these personal interests now, hence I will not answer your question about astrology yet. I do want to comment however that Ahua said: "beleive it or not the astrology bit gave me quite a bit of guidance by pitting it with my own view of it."

Back to the web URL, Psychonaut.com. What does it mean? A whole lot to GOD. A bit too much it seems. All of of us can get along pretty well, namely the down-to-earth and the esoterically inclined psychonauts. There's just one person who is literally on a witch hunt around here, and that has always been GOD. Not recently, always. Before I came here, before HeartCore came here. Neither HeartCore nor I started any problems here. We both came here with typical psychonaut interests. The stuff that's discussed in books by Stan Grof, Terence McKenna, and other authors whose name GOD can't even spell correctly.

So what about that? Are the esoteric folks hijacking this forum? I don't think so. They are posting here like everybody else, but they also have their own websites where they can do their own thing. HeartCore has at least one website, I've got one or two, MaxFreakout has his own projects, Jeniger created a site, and I know many psychonauts also have a MySpace, Flickr, or Facebook account, and some are members at other forums. For GOD however, psychonaut.com is the only place where he does his thing. It's his territory, and he defends it vehemently. If anyone hijacked this forum (long ago), it is he.

GOD is appreciated for wishing to keep this website a reputable place, because psychonauts are already stigmatised because of the War on Drugs. GOD even got his own section dedicated to legalization, and became the moderator of that section. But you'll notice that a major part of GOD's strategy of legalization consists of criticizing other attempt and efforts to legalize drugs or spread awareness (for example, organizing protest marches etc.), as well as lashing out at those who supposedly give psychonauts a bad name. You see? GOD's dedication to legalization is just the flipside of his hatred towards the esoteric.

So, back to the issue again: the URL of the website: Psychonaut.com. This is what it's all about. For GOD this URL is very important. He will not attempt to set up his own website under a different URL. He will not take his personal interests and passion and create something of his own. He will not publish books or articles. All he will do is misinterpret and attack those of others.

Like I said, most of us have other places to express ourselves. For GOD it is and always has been only this place, psychonaut. It's the only place he's writing. And he does so with agression and bad taste, we all seem to agree on that. He's defending this place as if it were his territory, as if he knows best what is and what isn't a psychonaut, as well as what is and what isn't true, and who is and who isn't mentally healthy.

It is for these reasons that GOD needed to be banned, long ago. And I can imagine many of you feel sad about this, because GOD was indeed intelligent and learned in certain areas, and sure he was funny and he did contribute to the forum.

But sometimes that isn't enough. I told him over half a year ago, when I was still the Site Admin, that if he wanted to be the arbiter of what can and cannot be discussed on Psychonaut.com, he should buy the website from the current site owner, or convince the site owner to create a more detailed mission statement for the site, or he should simply create his own website. He didn't do either of these. Nor did he change his ways.

Regarding GOD's learning and experience with psychedelics, on this website it was mainly used to attack and ridicule others, while his sense of humor contained too many references to sexual perversions, as well as double meanings that simply cause more confusion and trouble.

His recent come-back to the tune of Gary Glitter (which I, a victim of child abuse, do not find funny at all) and jokes about anal sex, with immediate assaults following in several threads, including a threat ("FUCK DUTCH LAW and FUCK THE FORUM RULES"), were the reason why I banned him. As far as the accusation of hijacking is concerned, ask yourself: who hijacked this site first?

To me the main issue is clearly something between GOD and all the esoterically inclined members, AS WELL AS something between GOD and ALL former site administrators. Since I'm both a professional astrologer as well as the former site admin, the fight seems to revolve around me and GOD. But anyone who's willing to take a deeper look into this will understand this has very little to do with me. Sure, the way it (the ban) happened involves my style (my ego?), but at least it did happen, finally. I think my explanation is reasonable. What do you think?

Rymmen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
like i said, you couldn't tolerate god, so you banned him.

i want you to look at yourself for a second. you claim that god constantly harrassed you about the display of your beliefs, and that you felt persecuted. does it not reak of hypocrisy to you that you are the one that silenced him?

you claim that there was physical threat. i don't see one, and have asked around, and the consensus is they can't find one, either.

but red herring aside, the issue here is that you have taken matters into your own hands and hijacked the forum, where it was not your place to do that.

that which caused your actions was your own pathos. do you think you can stop caring about what god says? i certainly can't take him seriously.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Rymmen a dit:
like i said, you couldn't tolerate god, so you banned him.

That's not how I understand this situation. CM banned god because he went against the forum rules by threatening him and swearing.

That he Hijacked the place was not so smart of him. He should have contacted one of the other moderators.

Now the funny thing about Restin is that he knew that God was Threatening CM but did nothing except spilt the thread causing a lot of good old confusion.

This is how I understand the situation.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Rymmen a dit:
i want you to look at yourself for a second. you claim that god constantly harrassed you about the display of your beliefs, and that you felt persecuted.
No, I didn't claim anything about me feeling persecuted, or me being the only person on this forum being harrassed by GOD.

does it not reak of hypocrisy to you that you are the one that silenced him?
No, not at all. Of course I would have preferred if moderators had shown some concern, but since they didn't see a problem (and others did) I did what should have been done before I quit being the Site Admin.

you claim that there was physical threat. i don't see one, and have asked around, and the consensus is they can't find one, either.
GOD hasn't been banned because of a threat, I already wrote that on the previous page.

but red herring aside, the issue here is that you have taken matters into your own hands and hijacked the forum, where it was not your place to do that.
I didn't hijack the forum, I simply banned GOD, closed the Site Admin and immediately informed the site owner.

do you think you can stop caring about what god says? i certainly can't take him seriously.
It's not what he says, but the way he says it, and the disturbance he creates when he does so.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I didn't hijack the forum, I simply banned GOD, closed the Site Admin and immediately informed the site owner

Um, locking out the site admin, changing moderator rights, making the decision for everybody behind their backs, that's hijacking the forum.

Rymmen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
I didn't hijack the forum, I simply banned GOD, closed the Site Admin and immediately informed the site owner.
whatever euphemism you choose you use.

in any case, you aren't supposed to be in a position to do this. it was decided a while ago when GC was created; i'm sure your remember. it was decided that you were too involved in drama to be admin which is why there was an outcry for a new one.

v this is besides the point, but i think it still deserves some thought.
It's not what he says, but the way he says it, and the disturbance he creates when he does so.
so... can you stop caring about it?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Rymmen a dit:
it was decided a while ago when GC was created; i'm sure your remember. it was decided that you were too involved in drama to be admin which is why there was an outcry for a new one.
That's not how I remember it. I remember the outcry, and someone (was it restin?) suggesting there should be two site admins, hence the creation of Ground Control: a place rather than a person. I had access to Ground Control for some time, until I banned myself.

I didn't agree with restin's suggestion for two site admins, and in that context cited psychiatrist M.Scott Peck. Do you remember that citation?

it was decided that you were too involved in drama to be admin
By whom? By everyone?

so... can you stop caring about it?
Of course not. It's hurtful and offensive.

Rymmen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
fine, CM, fine.

but, and i'm getting tired of saying this, all this is besides the point.

why the fuck do you think you have the authority to hijack the forum?

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
why the fuck do you think you have the authority to hijack the forum?

Come on man, fork, cm and all the moderators never have been the owner! So hijacking a forum is practically impossible if the site owner does agree with what CM did, if not then you could speak about hijacking. Don't forget that the site owner knew about god and the trouble he causes! If i am not wrong, GOD even complained to him. Please read all the 8000 posts of GOD. How many posts do contain swearing and DISCRIMINATING content! Telling others that they are mentally ill and should fuck off, is not something that is acceptable. I mean, there are many people who ARE really mentally ill, what do they think when they read all the offending content that GOD flamed the forum with. Believe me, if you are one of them and are unsure, it can hurt you to see that people can't accept mental ill people and think about you, like that!

And GOD broke the rules multiple times and had enough warnings, but he didn't wanted to listen. Somtime he did disappear and everytime this happened there was peace, but when he suddenly came back, everything started over again and again.