Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

2000 possible dead cactus?

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
hey guys, i just got back from vacationing for 2 1/2 weeks. when i got home i saw my cactus seedlings (about 1 1/2-2 months old) and they seem to be very skinny, and a dark dark green. as soon as i saw them looking like that i got some wax paper and covered them, leaving a bit of space for air circulation.

this sucks. lol

but, on the up side, my 4x KK242 cuttings grew another inch, and are starting to get fat!

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Um , er , whats the problem ? Baby cacti are small and dark green is good . The thin bit might be subjective or they have had to much water and / or fertiliser.......but them being dark green would indicate that thats not the case . Anyway dont worry as when they get older if looked after OK they will get fater . After they get fater you can cut the fat bit off and re root it . The hardest part of growing cacti is the first few months if they get over that they are hard to kill . Over watering is the bigest problem when growing cacti but it sounds like you have sussed the right amount to me .

Have you fertilised ? If so with what ? Useing the wrong fertiliser can fuck them and make them long and thin.......but then they tend to be lighter green .

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
i havent used any fertalizer. they are being grown in aluminum baking trays using normal dirt from outside, mixed with peat moss. some of the cacti are almost a redish colour, id say 30-40% are still alive.

ill keep you informed. ill post a pic as soon as i figure out where the camera is

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
so i managed to save about 90% of my cacti! when i was out of town, im almost positive the person i was having watch them didnt water them a single time, and they are sun burnt. i put some wax paper over them, and have been spraying them 2-3 times a day with a spray/mist, soaking the soil, and getting the cacti nice n moist. they are looking very healthy now, and it seems there are only about 5-10 dead cactus in each tray. they are starting to get wider, and taller, while producing a BUNCH of new spikes!

im glad i came back when i did.. i figure 1-2 more days without care would have permanently killed almost all of them.

phew!

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I've had the same problem growing from seed. Maybe it's because I don't live in the desert where they get all the sun and heat but they always start out skinny. After about 2 years they get to the normal size and start to get top-heavy and bend over.

That's when you gotta cut............and eat.

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
yeah all my seedlings are growing now, and are actually starting to look like cactus! woot! i figure in the next 2-3 months i can transplant a bunch of em. a few are getting very fat, and others are skinnier and taller. once i get my cam, ill post some pics! (my kk242 are getting nice too!)