Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

1 yr old seeds

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Can they still be used?

I heard once to boil dormant seeds, for ~30 seconds, then plant.

Anyone have luckwith really old seeds?

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Mr.Smith a dit:
they will be fine. DONT boil them!

I've been cold watering them for almost 2 weeks and nothing though :(

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Boil them?

:shock:

No, never do that.........you should treat them like babies.....maybe a nice soak in a warm moist paper towel.......

I have heard of seeds being viable a lot longer than a year.....I have heard 10 years + and some will still sprout if they are stored well....

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Older seeds take longer to germinate, too....

If they were stored @ less than optimal conditions, then many of them wont be any good.

Optimal conditions= dry, dark, cool......constant temp......

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
Don't fishermen boil hemp-seeds for a minute or so to germinate, and then feed it to the fish??
but when u boil too long, they seedling could easily be damaged i guess....

try warm water instead of cold maybe, temperature affects the time necessary for germination

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
As Spice said, Seeds are still viable after 10+ years as long as they have been kept in a cool, dark and dry place.

I'd suggest getting 1 plate, putting a bit of Kitchen/Toilet paper folded to fit on the plate, putting the seeds on the paper, then put another bit of paper over the top. Put some water out to sit for 24 hours to allow any chlorine to evaporate and use this water to wet the top sheet of paper. Put another plate over the plate and paper then put the plates somewhere warm, In a few days you should have white shoots.

Good luck :)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Looked @ em today.

could only find 1 split. I am trying a few different methods to experiment:

Cold Soaking (2weeks+ now)
Warm soaking (today)
Straight into dirt with feritlizer/rooting agent (2 weeks)

We shall see! And I WONT boil em. I'm pretty sure hot water below 100°F is fine though.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
OH !!! Jesus fucking christ !!! What a nightmare vision , seeds that are still viable after a year !!!! Just imagine what would happen if that were posible . Our barren rock speeding through the void would have an atmosphere !!!! Weather !!! AND it would be...... GREEN ......

Seed , substrate in a decent sized plant pot , water , keep it somewhere where it gets light and where its warm and keep your grubby little fingers to yourself = leave it alone .

And anyone who puts seeds in boiling or near boiling water should get a brain transplant . I know its recomended by some confused gardening "experts" for some hard to sprout seeds like Acacias but its total BULLSHIT . Use that wobbly grey thing between your ears . Think why youve never seen a plant boiling water ???? Why do they grow in nature ???? Why are they so hard to sprout........here ?

Because a large part of nature comes from up animals arses !!!! = The seeds and spores need to have been through a digestive tract to sprout = swallow the seeds , shit in a bucket and mix that with substrate in several pots and watch what happens .

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Brilliant!

Mr.Smith

Banni
Inscrit
28 Jan 2009
woohoo!
Gods back!

i wouldnt try encouraging hemp seeds to germinate by passing them through your digestive tract though. i dont believe they have the necessary protective coat of acacia etc. they are tasty though

img-13592.jpg

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
If one looks at the uniformity of the growth of Acacias in Africa its amazeing . Look at nature films about rhinos running around in the bush ( the name the bush comes from Acasia , funnyly enough some peoples in Africa call the Acacia "The tree of lif"....... but thats another pregnant theme just something to think about in the mean time ) those thick bushes that have very long thorns and all the trees that have the form of an umbrella are Acacias . The reason why / how they got spread so uniformly and widely is because the seeds have a thick coat and each size of animals that eat the pods has a diferent sized arse = each shits after a diferent distance from where it ate them = very quick and wide distribution .

But please get back to darkness and confusion and talk about disinfecting nature again.......

Terror

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Jan 2009
If it's been 2 weeks and the shell has not cracked I would be concened. Not too concerned though..

First off, what colour is the shell, if it is white good luck, black and you could be taking.

Wrap the seed in TP as mentioned, this way you can check on it without disturing any potenial root formation. Once you have roots put it in soil, not before.... (in my experience). The white root bit goes down, the shell or seed near surface. This should grow, use only water until the plant is established, any NPK formula will nuke it. If the seed takes a long time to hatch get a head pad or use a heated blanket under the plate etc... (roots grow toward warmth)

Trust me, been there done that..

bebbolo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Oct 2010
spice a dit:
Boil them?

:shock:

No, never do that.........you should treat them like babies.....maybe a nice soak in a warm moist paper towel.......

I have heard of seeds being viable a lot longer than a year.....I have heard 10 years + and some will still sprout if they are stored well....

Yes a very good baby :mrgreen: