Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

1 gram per watt?

im1badpup

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Sept 2008
whats the longest time youve vegged for, and the number of plants per foot/metre to achieve this 1gpw growing indoors?
i come fairly close with a couple of large plants in dwc, considering it was my first attempt at dwc in a homemade system, and the fukups i had regarding nute strength and large ph swings due too not a big enough resevoir, (large amounts of water was consumed each day) i managed .86gpw.
i spent some time recently researching this, it appeared the most succesful people was using 1-4 plants per foot sog method, watering 2-3 times (usually drip irrigation) in each light cycle.
i didnt find anyone growing large plants, achieving 1gpw, except krusty with his vertical grow method in them kff buckets, which to be blunt, i dont believe, ie he was in 12/12 far longer than he states.
comments/experience anyone?

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
1 gram a watt isnt good its normal after one has done it a few times . 16 plants to a square meter and dont use any of the methods you have mentioned as all they do is grow stems and leaves .

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I just went to the local builders market to get some tape to hang a poster up with . They have a whole building full of garden suplys so i had a beak . 40 liters of dirt for growing flowers in costs 1.99 e . 1 liter of grow fertiliser = 300 or more liters of fertiliser = 1,99 . 16 pots with trays for under them cost abou 20 e . 1 liter of flowering fertiliser cost 1.99 wich also makes 300 liters of fertiliser . Then there was 1 liter of algoflash to give the plants all the things they dont get from the other fertiliser and make them grow faster and stronger wich cost 8.99 wich also makes 300 liters .

Thats a good start . For a bit more money you can buy some liquid root hormone ( powder is SHIT ) , a box of PH balanced turf jiffys to put the clones in , a 20 watt florescent tube plus fitting and a mini green house for the clones . Then all you need are seeds , a 400 watt HPS lamp and a liter of white mat paint to have a profi grow area .

Compair that to the prices and total cost of buying all the shit that the people in a grow shop try to convince you that you REALY , REALY need .

im1badpup

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Sept 2008
i think ive cut my costs of soil, and nutes by about 75% avoiding the grow shops, without affecting yields, quality or taste. i regret i was bought into the myth of "needing" expensive feeds and setups for a number of years.
ive gone for 10 plants per m2 this time, reason been my pots are too big for the 15 per m2 i originally intended.
ive got a full canopy coverage now, and pretty even in height, maybe only 4-6 inch difference throughout the entire grow space. funnily enough its the 4 plants, one in each corner that have stretched slightly, i guess the light distribution is a little lower there.
ive one concern over light getting in early in the mornings through a vent, during the dark period.there isnt enough to see colours, but i can make out the shapes of the plants.( i dont know how much light it would take to interrupt a dark photoperiod, ive always managed pitch black before)
its maybe almost the same visibility as a full moon, ill take a pic shortly, id like some feedback onthis pls if possible
its my last attempt till the seasons change and cooler weather comes back, hopefully itll be a good result.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
im1badpup a dit:
i think ive cut my costs of soil, and nutes by about 75% avoiding the grow shops, without affecting yields, quality or taste. i regret i was bought into the myth of "needing" expensive feeds and setups for a number of years.

Well, maybe with lots of experience and good sources you don't need the grow shops. My experience was that, as a beginner, I struggled two flushes long until I finally decided to get some dedicated stuff from the grow shop and suddenly it all became better.
Of course you can always assemble everything yourself, even better than a much more costly commercial solution. The question is, do you have the experience and/or the time to do so?
At the time I had to accept I was better off with the commercial solutions regarding soil, fertilizer etc. You seem to be a really advanced and experienced grower though, I don't think many here will be on your level of experience (I am surely not, I quit growing after two years or so)

im1badpup

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Sept 2008
tryptonaut, i think for years i was making very basic, and very costly mistakes, one of the most obvious, in hindsight was over application of feeds. ( i would like to bet this is so common amongst growers)
you cant simply rely on using the feed guides on the bottles, even as late as last year when i purchased some feed and checked the ppm reading after adding xml to a water solution, it varied considerably in strength to the amount indicated on the bottle. ive used over a dozen brands over the years, but only started checking this maybe 4 years ago, and my results improved, and feed usage went down.

ive got lots of experience on what "not" to do :lol:

going to soil has been an eye opener for me, after all the years of hydro, i must admit i really felt like a newbee. its allowed me to simplify a lot of things, i dont need to add feed for weeks early on, ive learnt early signs of when i do need to start adding feeds, before the plants showing serious signs of defiency, ie a sudden increase in water consumption or a change in growth rates/development of the plant.
god said 1gpw should be about the normal after a few grows, i havnt hit it yet, i tried using large plants and got good amounts per plant, but the 1gpw has eluded me attempting tree grows.
none of the guys i know in real, have hit it either.
so im back to little plants sog.
even this time ive fucked up my plans before i got going, thinking to be a smartass and use 15litre pots instead of the 10 litre, i found i couldnt fit them in under a single 600w (15 plants) in the lightspace so any chance of comparison to a couple of swims grows to gauge my own efforts have gone before ive started.
they do like the nitric more than phosporic in the ph adjustment for sure :)
they may have stretched a little more than usual, that could be the soil mix i used been comparatively high in nutes, or the first 3 nights of flower been 18hrs :oops:
funnily enough bud formation has been quicker by a margin, maybe 4-5 days.
i pruned half of them 50% and left the other 50% to do as nature intended, all been clones and in the same conditions will be interesting to compare.
ive so much to learn... and only one lifetime :roll:

im1badpup

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Sept 2008
was a while ago i started this thread lol

heres the latest, "chronic" still going strong after a few years cloning, this ones organic, in soil, no fancy boosts, the feed i did use cost a fiver, 7 weeks into flower,

h**p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcshe9-7MW4

the gram per watt ratio wont be excellant, but the yield from just one plant is :wink:

Lazarus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Juin 2010
WELL DONE . It proves that all those fancy grow products are a total waste of time and money . How many watts did it have ? On how much space ? How long were the vegetative and flowering periods ? What was the total harvest from it ? Is that plant how it grew or had you cut any leaves off ? If you didn`t cut any leaves off you have learnt what the most growers don`t learn and that is how to grow properly . What about breeding to try to get it stronger ?

I am eagerly waiting to read what Mnemo has to say about it as his opinion is always worth reading .

im1badpup

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Sept 2008
haha thanks, its not near 1gpw though, it had to be cut down early because mould started to appear, its been speed dried also, to be safe.

3x600w hps, sunmaster bulbs, mounted as sidelights, in a 2x2x2 metre growtent, 8 inch extractor and two 12 inch fans circulating air. the last week just 2 600w bulbs used to try to reduce temps and humidity a bit.

bud blood added twice in the first week of 12/12,
two foliar feeds in the same time,
mgso4 added once week 4-5 foliar.

plant magic the only feed used, started at 2ml per litre, upto 4ml per litre max. less than the bottle recommends.

phed to 6.4 a couple times a week.

it actually had 8 week flower.

theres over a kilo dry, destemmed n trimmed :mrgreen:

Lazarus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Juin 2010
You need better air ventilation.

You just found out why one should grow 16 plants per square meter to get 1G. and more per watt.Did you weigh the stems and leaves?

If you used that space with one 600 watt lamp suspended above two square meters (better 1.5 square meters) of plants you would get more per watt.Your chances of getting mold would also be reduced.

it had to be cut down early because mould started to appear, its been speed dried

I`m glad i don`t have to smoke it.I would sell it.

What is the tent inner made of ?

im1badpup

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Sept 2008
i was getting just under 1gpw going with 12-16 plants per m2, the less illegality of fewer plants makes tree grows more appealing to me tbh.

yeah ventilation needs better control, humidity built up in the latter stages as plant mass got higher, a conditioning unit will be used next time, was first time in one of them growtents rather than a room, its all learning lol. i dont know the tent material.

i know what u mean about speed drying though :wink:

heath robinsons trees blows any sog method ive ever seen back into the stoneage!

Lazarus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Juin 2010
"heath robinsons trees blows any sog method ive ever seen back into the stoneage!"

Where can i get more information and if possible photos please.

im1badpup

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Sept 2008
hes got a few good threads on icq, what i cant find right now to link dammit,

but heres an example,

http://www.breedbay.co.uk/forums/hydro- ... grows.html

youll know what i mean when you work his gpw ratio out.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=181239

thats a nice link, he pretty much explains everything in the thread, id just like to add if you dont read it through you might miss hes got 2.5 gpw or so... :shock:

theres a run through of the recirculating setup he uses, and with a bit of reading you find out hes getting similar results with different strains, different nutes.

on a legal perspective its the way to go

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
I agree with you.

Its all about the phenotype, which is what should really determine your grow style.....

We have about 20 F1 Jack Herer crosses going right now, and even tho they are F1 they exhibit a fair degree of diversity.

We have a plant called Y4 that deserves its own square meter. It is obviously Haze dom, because I think it would probably outyield 14 SOG plants, within that same square meter.

We have the opposite problem here; its dry. About 30 % humidity is the norm.....more reservoir maintenance, but I would rather be dry than wet.

I think the 1g/watt is also more of a strain dependent thing too, pure indicas are way more likely to acheive that.

In about 4 weeks we will harvest and I will post the complete process, from seedcrack to manicure/dry.

Thanks D

Thanks G

MrEmo

Banni
Inscrit
17 Juin 2010
Jack Herer is one of the finest plants in existence IMO
the relatively long flowering period is an investment as the plant is a good producer, and you never get tired of the bright floaty high. i believe it is fairly resistant to Botrytis also, possessing jungle genes via the Haze line, handy for indoor gardening as you can utilize the available space without needing worrying too much about bud rot.

i seem to remember some hermaphrodism after a few generations of cloning. that may have been the jungle genes, i know Thai is prone to hermaphrodism. it was never a problem, and amounted to no more than 4-5 seeds on a couple of lower buds.

you will need support netting or twine/wires growing Herer using hydroponics as the top buds are heavy ala Skunk No.1 and will overwhelm the force grown stems. an oscillating fan moving the tops will help strengthen the stems and allow you to have the plants much closer to the light.

the beauty of growing from seed is every plant is unique. every plant has its own unique qualities and every once in a while you get a true sport, a plant which produces an impressive yield with an exceptional high. its worth taking a couple of cuttings frm each plant just before you trigger. it means labeling them all but if you find a sport you can grow a few clones.
:wink: for personal

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Hey those are encouraging words.....glad to hear it...the 'cross' part of the crosses were 3 distinct separate indica plants;

One was Blueberry, one was an unknown 'fast' indica, and one was a Hindu Kush.....these plants smelled very mild in veg, but now at about week 5, they are starting.....whee...some sour smells mixed with some true sickly sweet ones.....

(telephone rings.....) crap

I'll finish later :wink: