Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

ibogaine

• Auteur de la discussion sedatedsara
  • Date de début
S

sedatedsara

Invité
I'm new here, so here's hoping I've put this in the right place

After a number of years as an opiate addict, I've finally found myself in a place to undertake a self-administered ibogaine treatment.
I've spent the past few years looking into it, and became confident it was an ideal route for me to take, but hadn't had the opportunity before now.

The clinics here in Canada are far too financially prohibitive for me, but I have managed to secure my own supply of the root bark, and now all I need is a sitter.

While I personally have no concerns medically, and wiTh a signifigant amount of prior ethnogenic experience under my belt, supervision seems almost an inconvenience, but nearly all the literature stresses the importance of such supervision, and so I've resolved not to approach this journey without a guide.

I'm not too sure where one would go to meet such a person, and as such I haven't had much luck in locating anyone yet.

But I'm located in toronto, Canada, and would need about a week-5days worth of their time.

With the budgetary restraints mentioned above, I wouldn't have much To offer in the way of compensation, except for a place to stay/food/etc, as well as a generous supply of excess rootbark I have on hand.

So if anyone out there knows anyone who fits the bill, or perhapse themselves want to gain a bit of karma, please let me know. Obviously, any questions are very much welcome.

Thanks for the help guys!

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
This is the oddest post I've ever seen on the site, not in a negative way, but caught me off guard.

No friends of yours would be willing enough?

Good luck, if you were a bit south I'd come meet you.

Light

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Juil 2011
Well, good for you! I hope it helps you.

I think a sitter is indeed wise. Iboga is something else. I don't know anyone in T-dot I can recommend. But there are some Canadian people on this board who might be able to help you out.

All the best!

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
I wish you all the very best. I am aware that in this culture, not only is help of this kind hard to come by--that what is on offer can be very expensive. I am gonna link you to a forum discussion I just found of someone wanting to do somerething similar to you. When person says how expensive it is someone says /asks how much money they spend on drugs, meaning that they must get their priorities right. All well and good, but often the drug user DOES spend all their money and aint got none! what then??

thers a few good advices here. http://iboga.tribe.net/thread/bb5f2dbe- ... 94c16f136b

here's some stuff I have saved in the past. I am VERy interested in Iboga:

"
“We were trying to get the medical community on board, and instead, we got totally derailed,” Mash laments. “The medical community wasn’t too crazy about the psychedelic aspects of ibogaine, and I felt (and still feel) that the data supports that we can isolate that part of the drug and have the metabolite without the psychotropic effects. Crazy left-wing Howard and his buddies didn’t go for that.”

She says that the “obsession” the underground has with the visionary aspect of the drug is at the expense of all those people they could be helping. She still believes, however, in the potential of iboga-related metabolites to revolutionize the field of addiction treatment, even if she’s given up hope on ibogaine itself. The problem, she points out, is the hundreds of millions of dollars it takes to develop a new drug."

"“My[Dimitri Mobengo Mugianis] role as a Bwiti is to detox junkies. That’s what I do. And junkies are very spiritual people and they’re looking for this kind of thing. What we’re lacking is community and ceremony and a rite of passage, a way to frame our lives. Bwiti is a system of plant medicine where people can find healing and purpose. In particular, it offers a way to help men reclaim their manhood.”

"But what about safety? What about the people who have died?

“I don’t give a fuck about that shit. Iboga has been around for 3900 years! It’s fucking safe. I’ve seen babies eat it, I've seen pregnant and breastfeeding woman eat it, dogs, old people, you name it. The shit is safe! And if we can eat a natural bark or drink a vine that cures our illness, we won’t need the goddam people in the white coats anymore. If we could drop the price and train thousands of lay providers, than we’ve really got something going on.”

"His strategy, and critique, is simple. The psychedelic medicine community, the “entheogen movement,” as he calls it, is almost exclusively made up of upper middle class, white male academics. But the medicine comes from poor people in Africa, and yet it is unknown to poor people in America, particularly African-Americans. This focus on this racial and economic aspects of iboga has made Dimitri “the red headed stepchild of the movement.”

"There’s a philosophy known as “Dual-Power Strategy” that espouses the creation of alternative institutions that embody the beliefs and practices of breakaway, sub- or countercultures, a sort of positive antidote to trying to change a system from inside that is hopelessly ineffective and corrupt. The fundamental idea is to channel transformative energy not into changing existing institutions but rather into building viable alternatives. As these alternative structures grow, like the cooperative movements in Argentina, eventually they take on more and more of the functions of a larger social system. Eventually they grow into an alternative infrastructure that fulfills economic, political, social, and cultural needs, like we have seen develop in America’s evangelical community."

"This is precisely what we see happening with alternative medicine, whether its the burgeoning natural health industry, the integration of eastern medicine, organic nutrition, addiction, or even the movement against vaccines, the response to the Western model of medicine has been profound. It is not surprising then that this alternative philosophy is attractive to those in the ”exile nation” who feel oppressed, disempowered or disenfranchised within the greater society. Addicts inhabit ground zero of this realm. So if an addict can be treated with respect, have their spiritual pain acknowledged, and feel the support of people around them who do not judge them, then they not only have a chance at healing themselves, but also bringing that healing to others. The ripple effect could change the world.""

Thwese people at this youtube channel might be able to suggest possible contacts. http://www.youtube.com/user/rockynorthw ... ZMZnyLEgw4 (if you get people telling you you MUST get proper help, and it goes you cannot find anyone. The last resort is your self. And I would adivise if you do to treat the whole beginning and onwards with SUCH deepest respect. to prayer to the spirits of the sacred plant to help you (you would do this even with a helper of course). Tell them you very fearful--which you will be--and to support you in your need of healing. it is all about love and respect. I really do hope you find someone who supports you though.

Clare S Wilkins HORIZONS PERSPECTIVES ON PSYCHEDELICS 9 25 2010

Talk Back after I'm Dangerous with Love sneak peek

Peace

MichaelVipperman

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Août 2011
I actually just sat somebody on iboga root bark in Toronto. As in, this afternoon.

Where did you obtain it? My source is a shaman who's very careful about when he gives it out... it surprises me that you were able to find it at all, and that whoever gave it to you did so without you already having a sitter worked out.

I'm not sure that I can necessarily provide what you need, but I'm rather impressed by the timing of all this. You posted a request for a sitter for an obscure drug on the same day and in the same city that I was sitting somebody on that drug. This is also the first thread I opened after registering on this forum. While I'm not promising anything, we should definitely discuss. Send me an email... [email protected]

(by the way, you can read about my experience on the stuff here: https://michaelvipperman.wordpress.com/ ... -business/ )

Monad

Inscrit
15 Sept 2012

Monad

Inscrit
15 Sept 2012

faizan3366

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Sept 2014
"It’s too early for a science. What we need now are the diaries of explorers. We need many diaries of many explorers so we can begin to get a feeling for the territory." T. McKenna,,,,its a nice post.....

PlantWarrior101

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Déc 2015
Hi, SWIM partook in a ceremony of Iboga in a country where it is legal (the actual root, not ibogaine) and one of the members in their group had been a heroin addict for many years, they took their last hit at 5am, by 7.30pm by the time we started they were dealing with serious withdrawal physical and emotional. 48 hours later, all that had stopped and 6 months on she hasn't gone back. It does work. I think its also advised to fast for 3+ hours before taking the root.

The dose was given in 3/4 sittings. The first was a powder which you chewed up, as you'd expect, tasted disgusting. But its through that by chewing (the saliva activates) and create a heart connection to the substance and its associated spirit according to the shamanic traditions from which it comes. Also easier / quicker for your stomach to process. After that the remaining doses were in capsules.

I can't help you with dose, but get your research done and make sure you get the correct dose of your weight. This is crucial. I'm sure you can find it if you try.

Some general tips for ceremony to be inline with shamanic traditions would be to smudge yourself and your space with sage or incense asking for negative energies and spirits to leave and for you and your space to be protected.

Have your intentions at the start of the ceremony, don't keep repeating them like a mantra, but have them close in your mind so you can remind yourself why you're doing it if it gets hard.

You're going to be on it for 24+ hours. Thoughts will start off very fast, like a river, the aim is to try and observe without being drawn into thought, over the course of the ceremony this will slow, down, and slow down until the end some people get to a state of genosis / no mind.

Most people facilitate these ceremonies in a bed or sofa with a blanket, you're just going to bed down and hold on through the process and meditate.

Don't eat during the ceremony or for at least 20 hours after consumption, as mentioned, a fast before will help get the most from it, SWIM suggested two hours was enough for them.

Try to close your eyes or have an eye mask, this is a plant that allows you to go inwards so you want your eyes shut, focus on breathing and allow thoughts to come and go as they wish. The meditation aspect is all that is required of you.

Most don't get visuals but some do, the visual will be more like a dream or memory in your minds eye, rather than an outwards experience of wild elaborate visions i.e. like Ayah or Shrooms, this is much more like images in your memory banks.

Some say that during the ceremony Iboga kind of indexes your memories, even more reason not to get attached to any particular thought but to allow them to float by and observe as best you can. If you find yourself being drawn into thought, then focus back on breathing to ground.

As with any of the master plant medicines, it can an ordeal at times, particularly in this case due to the time you have to endure it, but it has the potential for deep healing, particularly with opiates.

Sitter can help you get to the toilet, or clean your bucket if you throw up. Maybe talk to you if you get scared, but really this is between you and the plant, its best to focus inwards and take whatever comes up.

My main advice is get your dose correct, there are various Iboga books on Amazon.

If you can't afford it, see if you can get free ebook on Archive dot org.

Best of luck to you and I acknowledge your courage and commitment to work on your addiction.