Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Tripping on weed

Lambsbread

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
9 Mar 2011
This was some strange experience I had the other day.

I had picked up a quarter of nice skunk in the morning and had been smoking all day. in the evening at about nine I went over to a friends house. I was in the kitchen standing up against the cabinets while my friends mum was talking to me. Half way through the conversation everything apart from who I was talking to face went blurry and started to look a bit like water. I went completely light headed and then sat down on the floor and began sweating buckets, i felt better then stood up and it happened again so I just stayed on the floor for longer and I was ok. It was really weird it wasn't a flashback to an old trip or anything because i haven't experienced anything like it on any other drugs. It was a horrible experience but afterwards i was sat upstairs and i just felt so nice afterwards i was just so calm and so relaxed.

T

thescientist

Invité
It has been said that around 1 out of 10 people can hallucinate or get a different high off THC. This is all speculation, but it has been said to be due to lithium in the brain...something along those lines.

jaywabz

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Juin 2010
sounds like a bizarre experience. It could of been a combination of things, like mood, set and setting, something you ate. From what you described, it sounds like you were dehydrated(sweating, having to sit, even being light headed). Ive experienced those symptoms before when i was dehydrated. That plus being stoned all day could of done it. Ofcourse, just speculation

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
it isn't rare at all for me to trip on weed. if I smoke some after a pause of even as little as 5 days I feel anything but normal :D weed trips can be very beautiful, some of my most reuniting trips were on weed. however, they often kind of lack that crisp clarity of LSD. if set and setting aren't right the whole thing will be very confusing and tiring.

anyway, some days ago I was shuffling through my flat doing this and that in a bit of a cramped up pace, washing dishes, putting this thing there, bringing the other things to their designated places, all in a noisy state of being. at one point I decided to sit down and just look out the window. I hit a pure pipe of this years glasshouse harvest, which is some of the best weed I've ever had, because I harvested it earlier than usual, so that it isn't as tiring but more trippy. if you want some really trippy weed that gets you really high, harvest it earlier, the longer it stands the more tiring the stuff will be.
after I smoked it, the stress dissolved and I found myself just sitting there and then it hit me, I had been thinking about it for some time, but now I was there: the whole universe is your body, it doesn't stop at your fingertips. it wasn't a thought that I entertained and mangled around with, but a hands on actual experience. looking at the allegedly lifeless and inanimate chair, I realized that all of this is me. we like to see bodies as something apart from the environment, but hell they are not. you cannot separate them, they are the same. digestion doesn't begin in the stomach or mouth, it begins with the plant, absorbing the nutrients from the earth. (actually that's wrong too, but it is suitable to render my argument)
this may not be news to you, and I came to similar conclusions earlier too, but sometimes they leave so fast and the noise and shallowness of the modern life creep through and drown the beauty that is always there.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
i first realized that while smoking weed as well! :D
the thought came back on lsd once or twice but much more powerful and wonderful feeling
since then i've had a fairly different outlook on the world as a whole (the universe and whatnot)

MichaelVipperman

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Août 2011
Lambsbread a dit:
This was some strange experience I had the other day.

I had picked up a quarter of nice skunk in the morning and had been smoking all day. in the evening at about nine I went over to a friends house. I was in the kitchen standing up against the cabinets while my friends mum was talking to me. Half way through the conversation everything apart from who I was talking to face went blurry and started to look a bit like water. I went completely light headed and then sat down on the floor and began sweating buckets, i felt better then stood up and it happened again so I just stayed on the floor for longer and I was ok. It was really weird it wasn't a flashback to an old trip or anything because i haven't experienced anything like it on any other drugs. It was a horrible experience but afterwards i was sat upstairs and i just felt so nice afterwards i was just so calm and so relaxed.
Do you remember what you'd had to eat that day? Like how much, what and how recently.

Also, have you had your blood pressure checked lately?

What you're describing sounds less like a trip and more like a hypotensive crisis. That is, a blood pressure crash. If you hadn't had any significant intake of electrolytes (salts) for several hours prior to the experience, that would confirm it for me.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
any time i take cannabis i trip. tripping on cannabis is what happens when one doesn't abuse it by taking it all the time.

this however, sounds like an electrolyte imbalance (low blood pressure) or perhaps a case of low blood sugar.

this also happened to my buddy once or twice when he was doing cocaine a lot. his vision would fizzle out into tunnel vision and he'd have to sit down or risk the possibility of passing out while standing up. i can't say it was directly due to the cocaine though, but i know that it's easy to blow through a whole pack of cigarettes like its nothing while on cocaine, and back when i used to smoke cigarettes i would get a similar headrush that would last longer than usual from time to time. that was definitely a combination of elements though, not any one thing. poor diet(candy and fast food), no water intake, little exercise. :roll:

wow, looking back, im so glad i found health! i could never go back.

infinidev

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
24 Nov 2011
I've never consumed anything other than Ganja so I can't claim to know what 'tripping' means. But if defineds as an intense trance-like experience then I think I trip almost everytime I smoke Ganja.
I have a lot of anxiety and when I smoke Ganja around people I just get clouded with paranoia and kind of shut down. But when I smoke alone or with people I am comfortable with, I tend to hallucinate more than mildly with intence epiphanies that present themsleves in modes of communication that seem to be different or more than visual, sonic and feeling. It's like they all combine and I get the feeling of another space with it's own parameters of mass and density. Tripping?

MichaelVipperman

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Août 2011
infinidev a dit:
I've never consumed anything other than Ganja so I can't claim to know what 'tripping' means. But if defineds as an intense trance-like experience then I think I trip almost everytime I smoke Ganja.
I have a lot of anxiety and when I smoke Ganja around people I just get clouded with paranoia and kind of shut down. But when I smoke alone or with people I am comfortable with, I tend to hallucinate more than mildly with intence epiphanies that present themsleves in modes of communication that seem to be different or more than visual, sonic and feeling. It's like they all combine and I get the feeling of another space with it's own parameters of mass and density. Tripping?
This is in line with my use of the word.

From my article "Insight," back in August:
"'Tripping' really just means thinking intensely about something, often to the point of absorption."
http://michaelvipperman.wordpress.com/2 ... 4/insight/

It's notable however that people like you who are used to tripping on weed are usually pretty blown away when they first try a classic psychedelic (like LSD or shrooms). That you experience marijuana in this way suggests that you're likely the sort of person who's capable of getting into very deep, intense headspaces with psychedelics (whereas some people can take them and just laugh the whole time, not really "tripping"). That's a two-edged sword, because it means you could stand to benefit a lot from the experience, but could also get extremely overwhelmed. If you do take a classic psychedelic, make sure to do so somewhere quiet where you can introspect, with someone comforting to spend time with if it ends up taking you by surprise.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
After reading your comment MV for a split second i went to click on the facebook 'like' button haha
really sound advice mate

Inscrit
31 Août 2012
Here's how I trip on weed. Take 4 grams of it, break it up best you can , set it aside in a little glass pyrex bowl. Take a stick of butter, throw it in a pan (preferably cast iron) melt it real nice taking care to keep the flame on the stovetop just below medium. Throw in the ganj, and saute until no more fizzing is apparent. You don't want to burn that butter, so let this process of stovetop extraction take about 15 minutes with that lower than medium (but not very low) flame. Sift the ganj out with a common metal (coffee cup size) strainer. Squeeze the remaining melted cannabutter from the strainer without pushing the weed through the mesh. Use this stick of melted butter in a either the chocolate chip or molasses flavored Be*** Cr****r cookie mix. Make about 20 equal sized cookies. Eat 4.

Mrjelly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
Weed is one of the best trips one can have, I think that it takes you to a whole new place and calms your energy. For me at least I love it and although I do not do it everyday anymore it is an experience that I love. After I do it my days become better and I have way more clarity and focus. I know when I am getting to far away from her because I start to get edgy. When I take that first puff it is like I am going into another universe. I do not experience what you did and I think others have given some great explanations. I also agree that there is not the crispness that you will find with LSD but it is a trip all the same!

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
you can tripp off of anything if you put your mind to it. i tripp when i poop when i look at the wall long anuf without blinking sooo.... :p. i feel everyone forgot how trippy the world is by itself an entheogens just help you re discover these things in a "punch in the face" manner. as in epiphany,epiphany and epiphany, ahhh, uhhh, of course. but what does these good and bad feelings matter in the end? if there was a god and anti-god that controlled all with a grater plan... what if everything died an turned into a atomic level of being we would end up with a big feeling magnet and what would that even matter? regardless i enjoy the beauty of this world and when it alloys people to feel that beauty in multiple ways, as in getting a tripp from whatever you might enjoy.

cokeandweed

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
27 Mar 2013
Sounds like you smoked too much weed lol nothing bad just have to calm down on how much weed you smoke a day. This has happened to me a couple of times where I go lightheaded and everything seems fuzzy and ive been smoking weed everyday for the last 6 years.

Interdimensional Creature

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Juin 2013
Like everything else it can alter your consciousness. People who are sensitive to chemicals (like me) don't need a high dosage to see full blown visuals and distort reality to all ends of the perceptional spectrum with entheogens. Cannabis has been a close friend to me for several years and found it amongst giving me LSD like trips on occasion and other amazing sensory pleasure. It acts as a spiritual guide, however it is neutral but the human can manifest the bad and good from its usage. Holy men got high for thousands of years to access different aspects of consciousness/spirit. We are merely retracing a genetic heritage.

We are constantly evolving it is possible our ancestors developed a better relationship with the Earths psychedelic chemicals and given us evolutionary advantage in this immaterial realm of consciousness experience. Our DNA is altered with every generation and wasted minds spawn beings which are pre-programmed to incline them to Depressants and Stimulants which coincided with our physical reality because there's a war on consciousness.

adetheproducer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
Weed can cause trips I new someone who saw traces when ever anything moved and everything was like rainbows. But also I would be concerned about the weekness needing to sit, the sweating and tunnel vision these symtoms sound like hypoglycemia. Get checked for diabeitese If it ain then cool if if is then you can get treatment.

vapordon

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
10 Mai 2013
I always feel like I trip out when I smoke weed. I don't know if this is just anxiety or the cannabis.

But I know what you mean.

badilo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Juil 2013
i have had this many times but i wouldnt call it tripping. normally happens when i havent ate. i think its a blood pressure spike or drop, its like semi whitey