Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Preparing for the ceremony of Ayahuasca and San Pedro

Abej^a G.

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Fev 2013
Preparing for a ceremony with Ayahuasca and San Pedro

In order to be in the best mind set and to avoid possible side effects while working with medicinal plants from emetic-purgative capacity, we recommend everyone to adhere to the following guidelines.

IMPORTANT
: You shouldn't participate to a ceremony if you have any psychiatric disorder or if you are taking SSRI’s (any selective serotonin repute inhibitor) or antipsychotics (for a complete list have a look here). If you use this medications, you should have been off them for at least 20 days. For substances like heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, alcohol, marijuana or any other psychoactive plant, 10 days should be enough. Each participant has the responsibility to inform the leader of the ceremony about his drugs intake (past or present) and about any major health problems he/she may have.

Preparing the Body

Please try to avoid these foods and drinks for the period of time suggested:

* Red meat (pork, beef, sheep, tuna, etc.) - 7 days before and after the ceremony
* Spirits, beer, wine - 7 days before and after the ceremony
* Spicy food - One day before the ceremony
* Fermented food (pickles, anchovies, miso, etc.) - 1 day before and after the ceremony
* Excessive consumption of salt and sugar - 3 days before and after the ceremony

Dietary advice for the 3 days previous the ceremony: eat light food and avoid red meat (chicken and white fish are fine), with moderate levels of salt and sugar.

Food recommended for the day of the ceremony: light breakfast and light lunch (mainly raw vegan). No chilly, no coffee, no salt and no sugar! Because the ceremony starts in the evening, you will fast from 1.00 PM till the morning after. With San Pedro some people like to have a light snack towards the end of the ceremony.

Recommended food for the day after the ceremony: vegetarian dishes, chicken and white fish are acceptable, but no red meat!

After the ceremony it is recommended to refrain as much as possible from any substance or drug that alters the mind. It is also recommended to refrain from antidepressants and any other type of medicaments.

It is also recommended to not have sex for 3 days before and after the ceremony.

Preparing the Mind

Before the ceremony, you may want to spend time doing peaceful activities and cultivate awareness (such as reading, walking in nature, practicing mindfulness and other types of meditation). To receive the teaching of medicinal plants a minimum of awareness is required.

The ceremony is especially beneficial when you attend it with an open mind, a humble heart and pure intentions.

It is advisable to wear light and comfortable clothing. You can bring with you any beloved object, book or amulet.

It is also recommended to bring some still water, a small mattress or a yoga mat, a sleeping bag or a blanket, a torch, a pillow, some toilet paper and some insect repellant (if necessary).

Clensing of the ceremonial space: http://forums.ayahuasca.com/viewtop...02953&hilit=consecration+of+the+space#p202953

the visions are a secondary. it's a spirit cathartic and purifier.

Ayahuasca diet and preparations
Foods and Meds to Avoid with MAOIs | Ayahuasca.com

Stefan

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Juin 2015
Tyramine is the problem here. Meat containing considerable amounts of tyramine include potentially spoiled or pickled, aged, smoked, fermented, or marinated meat plus almost all pork. Tyramine is metabolized by the enzyme monoamine oxidase, when the MAO is inhibited by the ayahuasca brew, tyramine could potentially enter your system causing severe headaches or worse. In general tyramine containing food shall be avoided before and after ayahuasca use. Check the net to find a full list.

AyahuascaDietRecipes

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Juin 2015
Hi, I wanted to post my website here because I think it is relevant.

Ayahuasca Diet Recipes

I created this website in hopes that it would make preparing for Ayahuasca a little bit easier for everyone. All the recipes on this website can be eaten while doing the Ayahuasca Dieta, and you can even contribute your own recipe! I hope this helps!

james1989

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Sept 2015
Thanks for the insightful experiences. I am debating whether to attend a Ayahuasca Retreat, but I feel hesitant about it because a close friend feels that as a Christian (my friend and I are both Christians), it's not the right route. He labels it "demonic" being that it routes away from Christianity. Also, he mentioned how some people who have taken psychedelics have changed for the worst which I can attest to from this website and other testimonies.

So, my question to this forum is:
- How does Ayahuasca relate (if at all) to the beliefs of Christianity? If a fellow Christian can respond, it would be helpful.
- Why do people have negative results from Ayahuasca? And How should one prepare themselves for the best possible trip?

Inscrit
1 Nov 2016
It depends on where you are doing your Ayahuasca retreat. More traditional/shamanic ceremonies won't directly relate to any Christian practices; however, there are a few Ayahuasca churches now that base their practices in Christianity.

wachumero

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Mai 2017
Stefan a dit:
Tyramine is the problem here. Meat containing considerable amounts of tyramine include potentially spoiled or pickled, aged, smoked, fermented, or marinated meat plus almost all pork. Tyramine is metabolized by the enzyme monoamine oxidase, when the MAO is inhibited by the ayahuasca brew, tyramine could potentially enter your system causing severe headaches or worse. In general tyramine containing food shall be avoided before and after ayahuasca use. Check the net to find a full list.
Tyramins are only an issue with non-reversible MAOI's. Some pharma MAOI's can be dangerous with Tyramine, though others are not. Ayahuasca is a reversible MAOI and so not dangerous with tyramine. Some of the most commonly recommended foods to eat before ceremony have lots of tyramine - bananas for example are great before ceremony despite having tyramine.

The idea that tyramine is bad for Ayahuasca is a common misconception - the idea started when people looked up food restrictions for pharma MAOI's and applied it to Ayahuasca. Because different types of MAOI's work differently the same rules dont apply to all of them.

Some of the oldest and most traditional Ayahuasqueros I know dont care if their clients diet. Many people think the dieta is actually more of a modern addition to the tradition - if you go away from the tourist centers and drink with the natives they do not usually diet for Ayahuasca. Generally they only diet for connecting with master plants in cases of serious healing or apprenticeship. If you stay at most tourist centers you may also notice that the patients get fed dieta food but the Ayahuasquero usually eats whatever they want - I have seen some eating coffee with sugar and cream before ceremony, chocolate cake, a steak....

I think if you eat much processed foods or have a unhealthy diet then the dieta is important and very helpful. If you already eat healthy fresh foods and especially if you have experience with Ayahuasca it doesnt seem as necessary. I have drank many times in traditional ceremonies and I have drank without dieting, and also drank after dieting 2 months straight..... Couldnt tell the difference at all personally.

Best Ayahuasquero I have sat with has been drinking 50 years.... He doesnt care if you diet beforehand. I took 5 people out to a buffet in Cusco the night before ceremony with him - all of us ate pork, beef, sugar, oils, salt, fermented foods ect... And every single one of use had great ceremonies - very deep, insightful, and only a few of us purged (which is normal).

If you sit in ceremony with a healer they will tell you their own diet preparations. If they do - it is best to respect that and follow what they say. If they dont care or if you are drinking on your own.... You can find what works best for you. I prefer to diet the day of ceremony and sometimes the day before, but I dont notice any benefits dieting longer beforehand. Other people may be different. One thing to remember though - there are no dangerous food interactions with Ayahuasca. Too much sugar the dayof might give you a headache, and certain foods may ground you and make it harder to breakthrough if eaten the day of, but nothing dangerous will happen from food. Some medications are certainly dangerous though - always research what meds you take beforehand to know if they are safe (as already mentioned, SSRI's are dangerous).

wachumero

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Mai 2017
james1989 a dit:
Thanks for the insightful experiences. I am debating whether to attend a Ayahuasca Retreat, but I feel hesitant about it because a close friend feels that as a Christian (my friend and I are both Christians), it's not the right route. He labels it "demonic" being that it routes away from Christianity. Also, he mentioned how some people who have taken psychedelics have changed for the worst which I can attest to from this website and other testimonies.

So, my question to this forum is:
- How does Ayahuasca relate (if at all) to the beliefs of Christianity? If a fellow Christian can respond, it would be helpful.
- Why do people have negative results from Ayahuasca? And How should one prepare themselves for the best possible trip?
Ayahuasca is just a plant. Plants do not have any religion. They are just part of this earth like we are.

But people using plants to connect with the spirit world can experience a deeper connection to their own inner faiths. There are a number of Christian churches that use Ayahuasca - the 2 most well known are Santo Daime and Unio de Vegetal (UDV). These churches mix Ayahuasca with Christian ideas and use the medicine as a way to connect more deeply with God and their faith.

Most people I have met experienced healing, insight and growth from plant medicines like Ayahuasca. Studies have shown that they are generally great for mental health - especially if taken in a theraputic setting. In my experience, if someone experiences harm from psychedelics it is usually because they either took it in the wrong setting, with the wrong people, or they took too much. If you are sitting in a ceremony with a guide the guide will know how to safely introduce you to the medicine and also how to keep the ceremony focused in a theraputic direction. If you sit with a good guide there is very little risk of any harm but great potential for growth and healing.

piotrekmgs

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Mai 2017
I can recommend the Pachamama Temple in Pucallpa to every adventure seeker – you will not only be given a delicious, invigorating potion made out of the so-called vine of soul, but you will also be granted some free time to meditate, check the temple and chat with the locals. Ayahuasca medicine prepare yourself ;)

Lotre

Inscrit
30 Nov 2011
I think one should be aware, if it is not already obvious for everyone, that the post before is a commercial, and that one should be very cautious when searching for a place like this, and choosing a destination, because of the dangers & the fakes existing in the new "shamanic tourism".

Cheriwalsh7

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Juil 2017
Abej^a G. a dit:
Preparing for a ceremony with Ayahuasca and San Pedro

In order to be in the best mind set and to avoid possible side effects while working with medicinal plants from emetic-purgative capacity, we recommend everyone to adhere to the following guidelines.

IMPORTANT
: You shouldn't participate to a ceremony if you have any psychiatric disorder or if you are taking SSRI’s (any selective serotonin repute inhibitor) or antipsychotics (for a complete list have a look here). If you use this medications, you should have been off them for at least 20 days. For substances like heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, alcohol, marijuana or any other psychoactive plant, 10 days should be enough. Each participant has the responsibility to inform the leader of the ceremony about his drugs intake (past or present) and about any major health problems he/she may have.

Preparing the Body

Please try to avoid these foods and drinks for the period of time suggested:

* Red meat (pork, beef, sheep, tuna, etc.) - 7 days before and after the ceremony
* Spirits, beer, wine - 7 days before and after the ceremony
* Spicy food - One day before the ceremony
* Fermented food (pickles, anchovies, miso, etc.) - 1 day before and after the ceremony
* Excessive consumption of salt and sugar - 3 days before and after the ceremony

Dietary advice for the 3 days previous the ceremony: eat light food and avoid red meat (chicken and white fish are fine), with moderate levels of salt and sugar.

Food recommended for the day of the ceremony: light breakfast and light lunch (mainly raw vegan). No chilly, no coffee, no salt and no sugar! Because the ceremony starts in the evening, you will fast from 1.00 PM till the morning after. With San Pedro some people like to have a light snack towards the end of the ceremony.

Recommended food for the day after the ceremony: vegetarian dishes, chicken and white fish are acceptable, but no red meat!

After the ceremony it is recommended to refrain as much as possible from any substance or drug that alters the mind. It is also recommended to refrain from antidepressants and any other type of medicaments.

It is also recommended to not have sex for 3 days before and after the ceremony.

Preparing the Mind

Before the ceremony, you may want to spend time doing peaceful activities and cultivate awareness (such as reading, walking in nature, practicing mindfulness and other types of meditation). To receive the teaching of medicinal plants a minimum of awareness is required.

The ceremony is especially beneficial when you attend it with an open mind, a humble heart and pure intentions.

It is advisable to wear light and comfortable clothing. You can bring with you any beloved object, book or amulet.

It is also recommended to bring some still water, a small mattress or a yoga mat, a sleeping bag or a blanket, a torch, a pillow, some toilet paper and some insect repellant (if necessary).

Clensing of the ceremonial space: Ayahuasca Forums • View topic - Consecration of the Space

the visions are a secondary. it's a spirit cathartic and purifier.

Ayahuasca diet and preparations
Foods and Meds to Avoid with MAOIs | Ayahuasca.com

Actually, I haven't tried Ayahuasca yet.. Which is more dangerous: Ayahuasca, Magic Mushrooms or LSD?

Abej^a G.

Inscrit
20 Fev 2013
None is dangerous. Use your mind and don't have fears.
Start slowly, in small quantities!

Cheriwalsh7

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Juil 2017
Abej^a G. a dit:
None is dangerous. Use your mind and don't have fears.
Start slowly, in small quantities!

I see.. Okay thanks.. :yawinkle:

serotoninluv

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
28 Août 2017
I attended an Ayahuasca retreat this summer in Peru. I don't know what the "right route" is for anyone. I'm not even sure what "right route" means.

For me, my intention was to become aware of my blocks to greater self awareness and connect with deeper truth. I have meditated for 25 years, yet I had a sense that there was something I was unable to connect with and felt a calling to attend the retreat. I did three ceremonies and it was the most profound experience of my life. It took me places meditation has not and gave me greater awareness and possibilities. Yet, it was very difficult as well. Before the first ceremony I had anxiety and was trying to control the experience. I thought things like "What can I do prevent a negative experience? What should I do if I feel anxiety? What if I panic? I want this, that or the other. . . ". I ate right and got lots of sleep. All the recommendations. Yet when the Aya set in, I tried to steer the experience and lost control. One of the ceremonies I struggled for control and lost. Aya stripped away my thinking, my beliefs, my identity and ego. At times it felt like I was dying. It was both frightening and liberating. I was lessons beyond my thinking and about inner truth, ,my true nature. Many of my beliefs were revealed as programming and I realized so much I don't know. I was shown how some of my behaviors attempt to avoid certain feelings. I can honestly say there were revelations that years of meditation, self help and therapy did not provide.

Over the past two months, the integration has been difficult at times. Sometimes it feels like I was given a crash course - years with of insight and change in a week. It feels overwhelming at times. Occasionally, I really don't know who I am. It sort of feels good - in an ego-less kind of way. Yet, it also feels uncomfortable in 'Am I insane' kind of way. I didn't realize how attached and integral my ego was.

With that said, everyone in the temple had different experiences. One woman puked and feel asleep the whole time. She didn't remember any dreams. Nada. The man to my right went to a place related to the recent death of his father. It looked heavy-intense, but he also looked relieved. Another woman transformed into a reptile. There were a total of perhaps 100 different people at the three ceremonies. I did not appear that anyone had a traumatic experience.

For my preparation, I would do meditation and work on being willing to let go. The biggest factor for me was my willingess to completely let go and surrender. Also, trust was important for me. I researched many retreats and found a place I felt I could trust. I arrived early a couple days early and met the guides, community members and other participants.