Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Need help for mushrooms identification

Spidi

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2006

skrudge

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
no idea man, never seen edible shrooms like this...
don't you have a nature encyclopedia where you can look it up or something?
you think this is a psilocybe species?

Spidi

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2006
Well, me (and some other people) thought that they could be from the azurescens or cyanescens kind. Not sure though. They are dried now, so most of the eventual poisons should be removed, and we will begin with small dose to test tomorrow.
More info is highly appreciated!!

Spidi

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
They don't really look like azurescens or cyanescens species to me... where did you find them in? because I don't think those species grow in Germany. I could be wrong though...

Spidi

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2006
Could be that they don't grow in Germany, I don't know, as I live in Belgium.
My mate found them in woodchips, and cyanescens grow in woodchips as well. The dried ones didn't do anything, but they weren't dried properly I think. Tomorrow I'll try some fresh.

Spidi

TheeLord!

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
They are dried now, so most of the eventual poisons should be removed

nonsense ... might be a deadly misbelieve.

do not eat them ... dangerous .. not worth the risk ...
ok, you already did; so you had a lot of luck.
quickly looking through a mushromms book, I found like 10 species that have resamblance with yours.
some of them poisionous. (e.g inocybe patoullardii)
since it seems to be neither hallucinogen nor poisionous: my guess is: collybia distorta.
anyway, that's just guessing, I'm no expert/mycologist.
that's the point: probably none of us is.
even if someone were: they'd tell you that it is impossible to reliably determine the species just from a bunch of (bad) images.

nuff said.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Even in Belgium species like that don't grow I believe... My advice is to just throw those mushies away, because this is quite dangerous. If you like to go look for psychedelic mushrooms, I would suggest searching for amanita's in forrest(still very dangerous though) or liberty caps in fields where cows live. Those two species are probably the only ones you can find in Belgium. Don't just eat every mushrooms you find and hope you'll trip. And you should buy a book about mushroom hunting if you're into that.

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
Eating the wrong Amanita could be deadly. Hands off of those, because different sorts are very much alike.

Liberty caps are easier te be recognised.

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
hello, i went hunting again yesterday.

i'll post more(and better quality) photos when i get them. i still have to finish the spore print. here's some info...

-brown color(more like a light brown)
-has a nice sexy nipple on it
-found on soil/mulch/dead leaves mixture near my brother's place.
-almost all specimens found in clusters ranging from 5-15 a flush
-cap and stem show strong signs of bluing
-very short even when full grow/mature...a few inches tall at most.
-cap is more conical shaped(liberty cap like) than dome shaped
-gives off an oder when smelled close up. scent is a strong shroom smell.
-stem is fairly hardy
-found in northeastern Pennsylvania

my bro ate about 2-7 grams wet, not weighed and assured me they were "rather hallucinogenic". now i know that's not the most intelligent thing to do but he was pretty certain in his mycology skills so i'll trust his intuition.

when he came down he said the peak lasted for about 5-6 hours(hmm sounds like psilocybin to me) and he's still alive...so that pretty much outrules anything poisonous.

i'd still like to know exactly what species and genus it is before i eat it. any ideas?

Lion

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
look like liberty caps?

what area you got em from?

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
i got them from an old pile of mulch that was originally planned to be used for potting soil like 5 years ago but he never got around to planting anything so it just kinda sat there and rotted.

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
i figured it out! WOO!

here's the article and pictures straight from wikipedia...

"Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata is a psilocybin-containing mushroom first documented in Pennsylvania and also known from Michigan, Ohio and West Virginia and New Jersey. This mushroom bruises blue where handled and has been put into the Stuntzii section of Psilocybe because it has subrhomboid thick walled spores and an annulus. It is closely related to to P. subaeruginascens from Java, P. septentrionalis from Japan, and P. wayanadensis from India.

This mushroom was first documented by Richard V. Gaines in Montgomery County in June of 2003 and has become common in the Ohio river valley. Often found in the woody debris of overflow areas, along rivers and streams, from April 15 to June 15.

It is sometimes confused with Psilocybe caerulipes, it can be distinguished by its rhomboid spores, larger stature, earlier season and membranous annulus.

Some specimens of Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata turn blue immediately when bruised, while others have a delayed or almost absent bluing reaction. The mushroom often turns blue in the absence of bruising as it dries out."

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I`m sure that the mushrooms in the first 2 pictures are not the same as the ones you think they are from the other foto . But to be sure we need better fotos..... and smaller ones so they fit on the page please . I will have a look to see what they are after midnight when i wake up properly and come to life......

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
Hey PoisonInTheStrain if you dont mind me askin where in PA are you located. I was mushroom hunting 2 days ago in PennyPack Park in NE philly. Been looking all over for other fellow mushroom enthusiests but never talked to anyone close to the philly area. i have yet to come by any psilicybe strains but i will keep looking till the day comes cause its always fun weather i find somthing or not. ahh im dieing for my spores to get in. the suspence is killing me. i got mushrooms on the brain non stopp.

John

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
cant see an annulus in your photos. be very very carefull with unknown fungi. some toxins take days or even weeks to harm you and by then its too late! keep an eye on your friend :shock:

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
i'll have better photos later tonight. sorry for the huge sizes. the reason the one's in the pics of mine look different is because they were bruised all over.not to mention my shitty camera phone. well next time they'll be high res. quality.

i've been thinking about the poison aspect of it and it seems from my research that there are only a few species(15-30) that are poisonous in PA. i looked that info up for all the poisonous species in PA and none of them come even close to matching the one's I have. if for some odd reason i made a mistake i guess i'm already dead. my brother had them before me and it's been about 48 hours and he said he feels fine. besides i'm on them right now and i can assure you that they are real sillysimons. after i ate them i came up in an hour,peaked for 4 hours, and was down in 2. sounds like real shrooms to me. i doubt any poisonous shroom would have all those similar psilocybe-like effects.

i'm not from there, but i do frequently visit Luzerne county PA. in the wilkes-barre/Mountain Top area where my brother lives.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
sounds good to me. just mild concern for you, nothing more. i really know nothing about wild shrooms outside uk. we only get a couple species sillysimons here unfortunately though im sure others could be introduced. have fun. is that a hydro setup in the background? show us photos of yer bush while your at it. have fun :D

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
lol i wish it was a hydro setup! instead it's just some hoses and shit laying outside in the backyard.

i read somewhere that mushrooms are 90% water? Is that true? because today i dried mine out in the over under low heat for 10 hours. this was way too long! way overcooked! anyway the weight change was dramatic.

what i had in shrooms in wet weight compared to dry weight was amazing.

i started with 62g wet and after drying 7g dry!

does that sound right?

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
that sounds about right. you prob didnt damage them too much. as theyre foirly robust. if your woried then make sure theyre the first you take and dry the next lot slower. have fun guy

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I had a look in all my books and cant find anything that looks like the ones you want to identify but i am even surer now that they are not the same as the ones on the other picture that you posted . The fotos are not good for an identification because they are not sharp enough . On the first foto the mushrooms have a parabolic cap and you cant see the remnants of a veil . On the last foto the caps are totaly diferent and on some you can see the remnants of a veil . Thats the ring around the stem that you can see , wich either comes because the cap was atached to the stem there before it opened , or , as the cap of some mushrooms start to open there is a skin between the stem and the edges of the opening mushroom cap wich eventualy breaks . A bit like what some girls have covering the opening to their vaginas = in German "jungfernhaut" .

They are definately some form of Psilocybe mushrooms . To try to make an identification we need some sharper fotos . One of a group of them from a meter away . One of a single mushroom showing the stem and head and the substrate its growing in and one from underneath showing how the gills join the stem and the colour of the gills and spores .