Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Low doses of psilocybin vs cannabis use

Euphoric7

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
26 Juin 2009
Is it a good alternative to take lower doses of mushrooms (like 0.5g-1.5g) for a mild shift in consciousness instead of smoking cannabis? I don't mean taking mushrooms everyday, but maybe once or twice a week at this dose?

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
It's just different IMO. Low dose psilo always puts my focus on the environment around me, having a more 'bright' vision, while any amount of cannabis gets me wrapped up in the depth of my inner thought spectrum. I don't belief mushrooms can be a substitute for cannabis. What always crossed me at like 1 of 2 grams of psilo was 'Why am I doing this at this level?'. Always wanted to take more and often couldn't because nothing was really prepared for it. It left me with a bit regret. Just my 2 cents.

Euphoric7

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
26 Juin 2009
Brugmansia a dit:
It's just different IMO. Low dose psilo always puts my focus on the environment around me, having a more 'bright' vision, while any amount of cannabis gets me wrapped up in the depth of my inner thought spectrum. I don't belief mushrooms can be a substitute for cannabis. What always crossed me at like 1 of 2 grams of psilo was 'Why am I doing this at this level?'. Always wanted to take more and often couldn't because nothing was really prepared for it. It left me with a bit regret. Just my 2 cents.

The thing is I'm looking for epiphanies and insights. Cannabis is just cloudy-headed and drowsy.

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I always become active after a good pure toke or oral THC use. Cannot sleep as long as I'm high, too much thought acvtivity and stimulation. But only doing it once a week though.

I'd say try it out, each has it's own preferences and reaction, it's not like something goes wrong with 1 gram if it doesn't work out, and perhaps you will encounter the insights you're looking for.

paint

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2008
Yeah like Brugmansia said, give it a shot, see if it does what you're looking for, but prepare for it.

I know different people get different effects from cannabis, but there are definitely other factors too. You might want to try and find another strain, or smoke it differently. Also, a big thing for me with cannabis is set and setting, like all psychedelics. I find that if I spend some time thinking, or drawing, or doing whatever I will be doing while high, BEFORE I smoke, it is easier to get something out of the experience. I imagine this is like warming up my neurons or something, so that when the active compounds show up, my brain has already got questions loaded and ready for the inspiration to work on.

Just a thought. I'd be interested to hear how any of this progresses for you. Good luck :)

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Meditation is a must. I think that half the time I've been able to get onto another plane completely sober. Another thing that I love doing is taking a shower at night, in the dark. It's almost spiritual and when you smoke before, it feels as if you are literally washing away all of your bullshit down the drain and tripping spiritually, highly recommended.

Nina_is_alive

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Mar 2009
I love doing what darkwolfunseen does too.
taking showers at night, in the complete dark- sometimes with some really "ambiant"music, and maybe a candle.
It really is it's own experience. it's fantastic.

+1

GregKasarik

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
28 Fev 2010
Euphoric7 a dit:
Brugmansia a dit:

The thing is I'm looking for epiphanies and insights. Cannabis is just cloudy-headed and drowsy.

If you are looking for these, then I'd suggest that mushrooms are the way to go. Both substances are non toxic and safe to use, but the mushrooms will tend to stimulate you, whereas the THC will tend to make you drowsy, which can interfere with your ability to generate insights. While I certainly have had insights while using cannabis, this usually occurs when I'm also using nitrous, rather than just by itself.

Back in 2007, Dr David Caldicott researched the use of different substances among the Australian Entheogenic community and over 90% reported that they used mushrooms for "Enlightnenment", whereas only 50% reported the same thing for cannabis.

You can find the original study here. http://www.entheo.net/2009survey.htm