Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Information about traffic code in Nederland regarding use of cannabis (and alcohol)

Horror Vacui

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2012
Hello guys :)
I write from Italy. I was discussing with my compatriots of the italian section about the traffic code in your country, how it works regarding drugs assumption?
Driving after an assumption of cannabis is completely forbidden or is there a "line" between legal and illegal?
Instead, how it works with alcohol?

I would underline this: we know, IS NOT careful driving in these cases! We only would like to know the legal situation because we are curious and we would compare your traffic code with ours!

Thanks ;)

Pagan Atheist

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Oct 2013
Hi guys! I'm italian too... This topic in Italian section is starting to be very controversial. Can anyone help us? Please!

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
The use of cannabis in traffic is illegal. Generally the police only check for alcohol in your breath, but if they have reason to believe you're high, or if you got involved in an accident, they can also let you do a saliva test. If it turns out you've been smoking cannabis, you can get a fine, a prison sentence or a combination of these two. You may also have to participate in a compulsory psychiatric assessment, which will cost you more than 900 euros. In the case of an accident, your insurance company may refuse to pay for the costs.

The above is based on the information in this article:

Cannabis en verkeer: de wet

In practice, there's not much to worry about. If you drive safely (which is certainly possible when you're high!), police will only check for alcohol.

we know, IS NOT careful driving in these cases!

Actually, it is. Cannabis doesn't negatively influence your ability to drive carefully and safely, unless you're not used to the effects. Having a conversation while driving is much more dangerous. And that's what a lot of kids do: talk with their friends while driving.

Although the law treats alcohol and cannabis more or less equally, the two cannot and should not be compared.