Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

HIGHest doses

im1badpup

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Sept 2008
to be honest i like the taste the best, or the aroma in the air. i smoke the heaviest when at home by myself. i dont "need" a spliff everyday or week, i seem to go in stages of smoking more until my tolerance is ridiculous then just stop for 2-3 months. i do like the warm stony feeling also, and a high tolerance means you dont get that, the break is good.

cannabis is the only "Drug" (i dont think its really a narcotic it just has the properties of a narcotic) ill go through periods of using regularly without fear of addiction. anything else i take the first conscious thought i have is when i last had it.

i had a bad alcohol withdrawal some years ago after 6 year on the bottle everyday, and never want to experience anything similar, i dont think i could do it again, cannabis is non addictive and sociable, thats what i love.

Jeniger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Oct 2008
The less is more, i smoke everyday but so little(0,3 gram a day spread over hole the day) in that way u don't build up a big tolerance....(It can be that this is just my perception/placebo) I use to smoke a lot more, but now i try to get as high as possible with the lowest dose,.. and i've never been so high :D

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
Jeniger a dit:
The less is more, i smoke everyday but so little(0,3 gram a day spread over hole the day) in that way u don't build up a big tolerance....(It can be that this is just my perception/placebo) I use to smoke a lot more, but now i try to get as high as possible with the lowest dose,.. and i've never been so high :D
Does this routine affect your memory or ability to think clearly at all?

I used to vape around two bowls a night to myself and lots more when with others. I smoked just about everyday for a year and stopped nearly a month ago because I couldn't think clearly or remember, I couldn't learn. Loose concepts and ideas were easy to retain, but actual information could not be stored easily.

Now I don't just save large doses for special occasions, but smoking at all. Maybe when I am smoking with family, or feel ready for a good sesh with a friend(s). I treat weed like a psychedelic now and prefer to eat it.

Jeniger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Oct 2008
Well, i don't know if i can give an objective answer... I have been smoking everyday for 7 years, but this year due to psychical pain, i had to quit smoking. In this period of 4 months not smoking, i did not experience a gain in memory and concentration. So this can mean i just didnt abstain long enough, or i just fucked up my memory for good ;) Also i can't really remember how my memory worked before i started smoking.

The most change/improvement in memory i noticed when i stopped mixing it with tabacco and began te smoke pure, few years ago...

I have been wondering if a really good memory really works the most beneficial, inspired by Cannabis Forgetting and the Botany of Desire. Is the memory not in a way connected with the ego, making associatings, distinctions, comparations, wich sometimes leads one astray from the essence? When the mind becomes empty, wich i could compare with the lack of memory, wich mostly is required in this system to function, u enter a somewhat meditative state... can it be that it is comparable with the state buddists, yogi's, hermits ect.ect. tried to achieve?

In a sense i can understand the benefits of both ways.

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
Jeniger a dit:
I have been wondering if a really good memory really works the most beneficial, inspired by Cannabis Forgetting and the Botany of Desire. Is the memory not in a way connected with the ego, making associatings, distinctions, comparations, wich sometimes leads one astray from the essence? When the mind becomes empty, wich i could compare with the lack of memory, wich mostly is required in this system to function, u enter a somewhat meditative state... can it be that it is comparable with the state buddists, yogi's, hermits ect.ect. tried to achieve?

In a sense i can understand the benefits of both ways.
I explored these thoughts for many hours and I see the light in both views, like you. To function well in today's society, a good memory serves you well. But to function well in today's society may actually mean being dysfunctional in the universe. The way I looked at weed's residual effects on my psyche was and is the problem I guess, that's why I am abstaining for now. I have always found a good break to be quite worthwhile. When I start smoking again, I will have all of my new reflections on it's use and effects to stand on :D

Maybe memory is the largest inhibiting factor to living in the moment, being here now. I think dwelling in the past is generally more negative than dreaming on the future, where the present experience is the ideal focus.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I smoke till I can't think when I'm camping - when I know the only other living thing I'll see aside from my friends is a moose, a fish, or a toad.

Otherwise, the highest I get is 1 puff... I don't like getting high in any social situations, and I don't need my intro spection to be anymore enhanced than it is when I'm sitting in my fuckin room. Shit gets way too intense for just "being high".

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I'm with Jeninger on this. last week, I smoked 3 to 4 pipes with very small amounts every day - and I've never been that high. it's heavenly.

as for high doses, I tend not to do them very often anymore. in social situations I got all cramped up, and if I'm alone in my room I got lost in confusion.
I prefer smoking big amounts outdoors, especially at lakes. gosh, one bowl of pure weed left me tripping. jumping into the cold moonlit lake gazing up to the stars gave me euphoria like I never had on weed before. it was like a full blown trip, leaving me with a great sense of unity.
after bowing gratefully for this experience, I went back to the campfire, where lots of good friends were sitting around it. it was the most amazing thing, seeing the Self in the eyes of every person. once one sees this, one can't help but love every person on earth.

I was thinking of eating ~10g of hash when I can get hold of some good stuff, just to see what would happen. did anybody on here already do this? how is it like?

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
My highest dosages always come at random.. But if I have my own stash which is rare until I get a new job.. It always ends up gone in about two days even if I spend 40 bucks.. But thats a fun couple of days.. I can't really smoke a lot at one time because you get that feeling of being 'too high' and I just stop for awhile.. If I do make myself smoke a lot I always end up passing out some how :(

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
And really what would eating a 10g be like? I heard it actually was a full on trip..

I smoked A LOT with a friend once, we spent 60 dollars and got a 10.5 and smoked about all of it until we had a couple bowls left for the next day, and we were just.. Baked.. I would stare at his face and it would change into weird alien looking things, I can see it in my head right now.. His eyes turned really small with a blueish glaze on them, and he would grow ogre ears like on shrek.. Then I thought to myself 'wow this is pretty gay staring at a dudes face for 10 minutes..' but the weird thing was we were FREAKING out about it being laced.. It was 5AM and we weren't tired at all.. And lights would trail kind of like on MDMA.. I don't think it was laced, but we did buy it from some randoms that an older girl we know knew.. They were crackheads completely.. We went to the car and they had on tin foil hats laughing their asses off saying "Do you kids want some acid?!?!?!" And moving their heads like the grudge girl.. It was a very strange day.. HAha

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
so im not sure as to why, but i haven't been receiving all of my notifications, in fact now that i look through my old posts, i see that i've only been receiving a fraction... i meant to weigh-in sooner, oh well.

in the past, like when i started smoking, i'd smoke a TON bowl after bowl after bowl. and i must say, those were good times. (me and my first smoking buddy)laughing uncontrollably over the most simple things for a half hour, laughing at each other laughing at each other, trippy sounds, etc. we even went so far as to go and search out sounds that we liked. another time we got so damn hungry that we decided to make a cooking show. which basically ended up being me and my buddy (whom you might have seen recently) using made up names and shitty british/russian/australian accents (all merged together in one sentence) while eating and chasing each other around the house with eggs tomatoes and handfuls of flour and chucking them at each other being absurd. we'd do stuff like that any time anyones parents would go out of town. man i miss those days. sometimes i'd hear sounds that would slowly build on themselves until i'd be hearing a well orchestrated musical piece; and as soon as i'd start to say something like "hey man, what the fuck, do you hear.. *pause mid sentence as it disappeared* WOW im tripping" and then bust out into another fit of laughter. weed was entirely psychedelic for me (as well as him) back then, i'd see infinitely elaborate landscapes of color and reapeating patterns making up nonrepeating patterns that made up more repeating patterns and so forth. i'd see images of things like grass clippers, clear as day chopping open and closed extraordinarily fast, that would then morph into a dog or something leaping into the air and then morphing back into fractallesce patterns ever changing in scale. the boundaries of those TRIPS were un-excelled by anything we'd ever witnessed to that point. it was pure bliss.

then something happened. the time passed and i smoked more and more and something crept in that i hadn't noticed. i started getting less and less high every time until it simply became a 'buzz'. going from having the sensation that i was literally doing backflips in my mind (and feeling like i was going to fall on my head :lol: ) to virtually no visuals, no sensations, just apathy and being tired. it was like being in the land of the lotus eaters. i did this for maybe two years, got arrested, and quit for about 8-9 months. since then i've been alot smarter about this shit, not only not bringing it in public anymore, but also not smoking NEARLY as much as i used to. granted i started smoking consistently again after all that, but never again with such a carefree disillusionment. i know now that as fun as that time was, those times are simply gone, and i realize just how much really is at stake every time i light up now. it's not to say that i dont enjoy it anymore or dont still have fun with it, i have just become a creature of cadence instead of habit.

as it is now, i no longer smoke socially, i feel like it's time wasted (in larger groups mostly and especially) because it's like, "ok, hell yeah, let's smoke!" and everyone rushes to the conclusion, we smoke a bunch, and then we're all high, standing around, and some jackoff ruins, what could be a very potentially powerful moment or event, by going "....soooooo...." forcing his uncomfort with him/herself upon us, which instantly makes everyone stop and analyze, then go "what are we doing?" and then it's like a pressure has been forced upon us to now come up with some miraculous fun thing to do or else we are wasting our time. what happened to the wonderful conversation that was going on effortlesly before you so rudely interrupted? "oh shit man, i totally forgot". more silence. "....soooooo......." i just want to say something like "fuck you, shut up or leave" but my better side comes around when prompted "....what you guys wanna do?...." i say something like "i dunno".. of course i don't know! i was perfectly enjoying the relaxing social environment, and would still be, even in the times of extended silence, but you had to go and ruin my buzz, ruin the group vibe with your conditioned automated response, and now everyone feels out of place, like their is something that we were supposed to be doing all along instead of just taking it in, and enjoying the fact that we simply exist and that we can be close to each other, and are close with each other, in a physical way, but now also in a mental way.

so nowadays i try to avoid those people, and i dont really smoke in a group anymore, unless it's my best friends that i know will produce nothing but comfortable air. even some of my closest friends i dont enjoy smoking with anymore simply because i feel that they don't get it. when i smoke now, that is when i smoke an entire bowl with someone or some people, it's to enjoy myself, i don't put any kind of pressure on myself to do anything. it's at night, when things are winding down, or while camping or being on the lake or something of the like. i try to make it a scenario where i most likely i won't have to have any serious conversation or make any serious judgement calls. i realize that after the high, or rather while over the peak of being high, even the most intelligent and articulate speakers social skills and logic/spacial memory turns to that of a well rounded 5 year old. short answers, and not much fervor at all as opposed to say, an hour earlier... it's bullshit. i have become tired of being tired. i enjoy being able to think clearly, or to THINK at all, instead of being almost entirely distracted by my own inner dialogue while someone talks to me (rather at me).

for a while i was smoking before i'd workout, which btw, is AMAZING for cranking or pushing yourself to the limit, as you dont notice the lactic acid buildup nearly as much, and you are much more in tune with rhythms and patterns (that can be associated with the repetitive movements of working out). but i quickly found out that this only works when ones tolerance is very low, and it only works for about a half hour to an hour, after that you've reached all you can do and anything else is a waste of time and effort, not to mention just how DRAINED you feel afterwards. physically and mentally. i generally need a couple hours after that to recuperate. so i've abandoned that now as well. i couldn't keep my tolerance low enough because i'd almost invariably be smoking later in the day too(which is another point all together, that is, smoking multiple times in one day).

so anyways, these days i don't really smoke that much any more. or if i do ill only take a hit or so, and it's generally not during daylight hours. i dont enjoy it anymore(when it's a habitual thing, or the social scenario is dependant on it...). granted my tolerance is still working it's way back down, so im not getting as high as i could. but since i've been on this lighter regimen, i find that i get really high again, off of only one hit for the most part. i can get that feeling again that i once had as a child! im not all the way back there yet, im not seeing myself doing crazy backflips in my mind again yet :lol: , but i think full abstinence for a while would do it. i believe im on the verge of stopping altogether for a while. not quitting, but a serious break. the longest break i had before was about 8-9 months, so if i do it, i want it to be something comparable to that, so that when i do decide to do it again, it will be entirely magical. the way it was experienced the first times and imo the way that it should be experienced.

weed is a psychedelic. thanks for reading.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
"Maybe memory is the largest inhibiting factor to living in the moment, being here now. I think dwelling in the past is generally more negative than dreaming on the future, where the present experience is the ideal focus."

i liked this little discussion alot too, it's an interesting perspective, i do think it makes alot of sense. yet when anything becomes habitual like that, i still can't help but feel the need to become stable on my own again, yaknow?