Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Gnosis, but is that not what we experience on psychedelics?

mysticwarrior

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
17 Août 2007
http://gnosticteachings.org/

Gnosis, but is that not what we CAN experience on psychedelics?

Isn't that the reward or gift, that one can gain from psychedelic experiences? Because i experience it, since i started using psychedelics. I felt a new awarenes on a age of 18, after i did for the first time mushrooms. It's a form of knowledge, but i can't put it in words. It's like i know anything, but my mind can't proces it. It feels as if i am slowly finding my self, how closer i come the more enlighted i feel.

Do some of you recognize this?

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
pewp

Jeniger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Oct 2008
It's like reading my own experience, very similair mystic :D

Also afther smoking cannabis pure i gain a kind of knowledge(combined with tabacco less). The other psychedelics give a knowlegde most of the time unexplainable in words in the unconsious, cannabis however gives me more knowledge on the consious and works very well with language.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Jeniger a dit:
It's like reading my own experience, very similair mystic :D

I often did notice it in your words and thoughts ;) I also can recognize it in the eyes of other people. It then feels like a gnostic vibration that corresponds with that of myself.

Also afther smoking cannabis pure i gain a kind of knowledge(combined with tabacco less). The other psychedelics give a knowlegde most of the time unexplainable in words in the unconsious, cannabis however gives me more knowledge on the consious and works very well with language.

And that's exactly what i also experience ;)

Jeniger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Oct 2008
maxfreakout a dit:
there's no mention of drugs anywhere in that website :cry:

Looking at the bigger picture..... Isn't that exactly the point made in this topic?

Just because the brand drugs is not written it doesnt mean its not connected

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
maxfreakout a dit:
Just like you never come across "teachings" on a drug-related website. Some of the things Chrisitan Ratsch said in your most recent podcast come to mind.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I found a old Gospel. They believe it comes from the beginning of the christian age. They talk about a pearl and a glorious garment....

When I was a little child,
and dwelling in my kingdom of my father's house,
and in the riches and luxuries of my teachers,
I was living at ease.

[Then] from our home in the East,
after they had made preparations,
my parents sent me forth.

Then they made with me an agreement,
and they inscribed it in my heart so that it would not be forgotten:
"If [you would go] down into Egypt
and bring [back] the one pearl,
which is in the middle of the sea
surrounded by the hissing serpent,
then you will put on your glorious garment
and your toga which rests (is laid) over it.
And with your brother, our second in command,
you will be heir in our kingdom."

I went straight to the serpent,
around its lodging I settled
until it was going to slumber and sleep,
that I might snatch my pearl from it.
Then I became single and alone,
to my fellow-lodgers I became a stranger.

But in some way or another,
they perceived that I was not of their country.
So they mingled their deceit with me,
and they made me eat their food.
I forgot that I was a son of kings,
and I served their king.
And I forgot the pearl,
on account of which my parents had sent me.
Because of the burden of their exhortations,
I fell into a deep sleep.

But [because of] all these things which happened to me,
my parents perceived [my oppression], and were grieved for me.

And they wrote a letter to me,
and every noble signed his name on it.

"From your father, the king of kings,
and your mother, the governor of the East,
and from your brother, our second in command,
to you, our son, who is in Egypt, peace.
Awake and arise from your sleep,
and hear the words of our letter.
Remember that you are a son of kings,
consider the slavery you are serving.
Remember the pearl,
on account of which you were sent to Egypt.
Think of your glorious garment,
remember your splendid toga,
which you will put on and wear
when your name is called out from the book of the combatants (athletes).
And with your brother, our viceroy,
With him, you will be in our kingdom."

I remembered that I was a son of kings,
and my free soul longed for its natural state.
I remembered the pearl,
on account of which I was sent to Egypt.
Then I began charming it,
the formidable and hissing serpent.
I caused it to slumber and to fall asleep,
for my father's name I named over it,
and the name of our second in command (our double),
and of my mother, the queen of the East.
Then I snatched away the pearl,
and I turned to go back to my father's house.
And their filthy and unclean clothing,
I stripped off and left it in their country.

and my glorious garment which I had stripped off,
and my toga which was wrapped with it,
(from Ramatha and Reken), from the heights of Hyrcania,
my parents sent it there,
with the hand of their stewards,
who, on account of their faithfulness, could be trusted with it.

I clothed [myself] with it and ascended,
to the palace of peace and worship.
I bowed my head and worshipped him,
the brightness of my father who sent it to me.
Because I had done his commandments,
so also he did what he had promised.
And in the palace of his scribes
I mingled with his teachers,
because he rejoiced in me and received me,
and I was with him and in his kingdom.
And with the voice of praise,
all his servants were praising him.
And he also promised that to the palace
of the king of kings I will hasten with him.
And with my offering and with my pearl,
I should appear with him before our king.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
maxfreakout a dit:

Indeed.

It were exactly constructed codes which kept me into bondage, whether it was language (politics, religion, poetry, drafts from one's heart) or published measurements on how reality and the universe is formed with it's atoms.

A constructed mold can be a great way to cultivate your solid legs from, a great support throughout life. But I'll also keep in mind it's coded with a purpose.

Because that's the point where I feel I become in touch with the line of an oblivious existance which may pinch me off. And eventualy may harm the sincerity and susceptibility I nourish for each character.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
i take back what i said, i had a closer look and the website DOES mention drugs, but only in a purely negative, derogatory and totally BULLSHIT way:

in the section about Dionysos
[quote:1qlgx62m]Dionysian inebriation, ecstasy, Samadhi, is obviously indispensable when one is trying to experience that which is the Truth, the Reality. Such exaltation is one hundred percent possible by means of the technique of meditation.

Psychedelia is different. This term must be translated as this: psyche = “soul

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
Just like you never come across "teachings" on a drug-related website.

what about on psychonaut.com? There's plenty of valuable teachings here. And erowid?

if this site is claiming to be about 'gnosis' surely it should mention the fact that psychedelic drugs routinely cause experiences of gnosis, consciousness expansion and enlightenment

Some of the things Chrisitan Ratsch said in your most recent podcast come to mind.

like what?

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
magickmumu a dit:
drugs are one of the paths that may lead to gnosis.

i dont think drugs are a 'path', they are a tool, you can be on any path and use drugs

but taking entheogens in a responsible way with a serious intent is a pretty much guaranteed way of experiencing gnosis, unlike meditation which rarely works to the full extent that entheogens do

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Break through on Salvia with the proper mindset and breath, face the software of your own unique measured perception of reality and your sensory information thought center. Welcome salvation and birth of actual metaphysical prosperity and welfare.

Meditation is pseudo created modestness while abiding ignorant by just another grinding matrix through keen implantation of self censorship during a deep state of relaxtion. As well as with other known programs, this one is passed on from one to another but also often sought voluntarily.

mrvitorsky

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juin 2009
Some of the most amazing things I have seen on drugs and off drugs. Yes psychedelics can help, but being complete sober your entire life helps a different way, you are one clear headed man like that, but you lack some experiences, trade off as i see it.

The most amazing things I have ever seen, experienced or felt were as a small child before I had tried drugs or knew about them. I felt creation inside me when I was young I felt god(or something else). I saw the world In a light of complete wonder. Innocence was just a word, corruption was just a word.

Meditation... humm It is just another tool, You can obtain thoughts and see wonder in so many other ways, writing, drawing, signing, playing music, even simply talking. I feel meditation Is severely over rated, you just need to live life the best you can and learn to enjoy things and enjoy learning, that's much better than mastering meditation, hell meditations falls under enjoying life for some so its part of it all not a be all end all.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
maxfreakout a dit:
what about on psychonaut.com? There's plenty of valuable teachings here. And erowid?
That gnosis website has "teachings" in the title, so it's the primary focus of the site. Overhere we discuss information and points of view, but we don't present organized teachings, nor does Erowid. In my religious past I translated two books that also had this word in it: "Teachings of Queen Kunti" and "Teachings of Lord Caitanya". You will see that whenever an individual or group of people regularly use the word "teachings" there will invariably be dogma, blind following, groupthink and misinformation (like psychedelics are "soul drugs" leading to "monstrous children"). If you enter the word "teachings" in the Google search engine, all kinds of religious groups will come up: teachings of Buddha, Jezus, Mozes, Islam, the prophet etc. Heh, and the teachings of Don Juan of course!

if this site is claiming to be about 'gnosis' surely it should mention the fact that psychedelic drugs routinely cause experiences of gnosis, consciousness expansion and enlightenment
Well, in practice those who have understood the heuristic potential of psychedelics care very little about presenting elaborate systems of knowledge, but are rather concerned with helping people directly experience these things and draw their own conclusions. That's why discussions of dosage, set & setting, integration of the experience and so forth form the primary focus of entheogenic websites, not teachings of any kind.

Some of the things Christian Ratsch said in your most recent podcast come to mind.
like what?
Well, I think practically all of it, but specifically the second half of the talk.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
maxfreakout a dit:
That gnosis website has "teachings" in the title, so it's the primary focus of the site. Overhere we discuss information and points of view, but we don't present organized teachings, nor does Erowid. In my religious past I translated two books that also had this word in it: "Teachings of Queen Kunti" and "Teachings of Lord Caitanya". You will see that whenever an individual or group of people regularly use the word "teachings" there will invariably be dogma, blind following, groupthink and misinformation (like psychedelics are "soul drugs" leading to "monstrous children"). If you enter the word "teachings" in the Google search engine, all kinds of religious groups will come up: teachings of Buddha, Jezus, Mozes, Islam, the prophet etc. Heh, and the teachings of Don Juan of course!

Well, in practice those who have understood the heuristic potential of psychedelics care very little about presenting elaborate systems of knowledge, but are rather concerned with helping people directly experience these things and draw their own conclusions. That's why discussions of dosage, set & setting, integration of the experience and so forth form the primary focus of entheogenic websites, not teachings of any kind.

[quote:1hn0sapb]
Some of the things Christian Ratsch said in your most recent podcast come to mind.
like what?
Well, I think practically all of it, but specifically the second half of the talk.[/quote:1hn0sapb]

thanx CM that is very interesting, i didnt think of 'teachings' in the context you use it, but now you explain it it makes perfect sense

infinitetransistor

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Août 2009
that was a neat site im glad i read about it thanks.

i agree with you i feel like i experiance knowledge while tripping n bud gives me the creativity and flow of thought to be able to put it into words a little bit, but i always feel more then i can describe. maybe thats a good thing

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
You will see that whenever an individual or group of people regularly use the word "teachings" there will invariably be dogma, blind following, groupthink and misinformation

Well, if you say you're Gnostic, but end up with Dogmatic beliefs...
wrong06.jpg

That's why these teachings were handed from brother to brother and not just told to everybody, because then you get something like Christianity.
Ofcourse, that's where it all went wrong, with the destruction of Alexandria....