Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

You are egoist!

Lion

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
i said everybody is, so ofcourse i am
it's my life anyway

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
before the discussion may begin: define egoist and I shall answer.

misfit

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
27 Jan 2009
That wich do everything in name of his own satisfaction.

Though, if we enter paradoxical ideas of egoism then I must agree that it's possible that everything can be made for egoic reasons. For example: you dying on behalf of some ideal.

Example: Thich Quang Duc martyr

thich_quang_duc_-_self_immo.jpg

Still, many people say they are not egoists without actually having understanding the meaning of the word.

This is retired from an online dictionary: "Egoism - a doctrine that individual self-interest is the actual motive of all conscious action b: a doctrine that individual self-interest is the valid end of all actions"

But we can discuss both ways. (that, that is defined by dictionarys, or the philosophical, paradoxic.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
One cant do anything , be or think anything without ego . Even giving your life for others or opening doors for old ladys .

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
you really remind me of someone I know.

haha I am good mooded now.

This discussion is very funny indeed. Satisfaction. If I say, when I help a poor man, that I help him (=no ego) but you can then say, that I feel better then so I am an egoist. ;) And so we can go on endlessly, ending at the conclusion that everything is Ego.

Does the Ego mean anything if it is everything?

I don't know.

misfit

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
27 Jan 2009
Give your definition of ego, and I'll try to understand what you mean.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
misfit , please read the forum rules and dont send me anymore abusive PMs .

I hope you have a good time in the forum and play a constructive part .

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
Ego = I = consciousness + subconsciousness = mind.

It is the YOU. Hmm.

Egoism = reflection of the deed through the Ego.

misfit

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
27 Jan 2009
Restin:

But, what do you mean by subcounscious? Our body functions, like hearth beat, blood pressure, and so on .. ?

What if a person , when helping another one perceives reality not as seperate individuals living in some planet lost in space/time, but seeing as helping himself? How ego fits into it?
And why you should feel better to help another person? Did it bring you any good? Or just another sensation, like any other?

Yes, if we enter in paradoxic paths, we may end up spinning endlessly and going back to the question itself.
But lets try to break that perpetual way of seeing things.

I think anything mean everything else. Not only Ego, but also.

GOD:

Read the rules, stay on topic and don't project things one me. Thank you very much.

And whats your definition of Egoism so I can try to understand what you are trying to say.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Might I remind you that I am reading those things, if I were you I'd stop wasting my time... This isn't a threat, but you'll eventually end up trying to bully me.

Carebear

Banni
Inscrit
11 Juil 2008
{the past}

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
With altruism, the funny thing to argue about is, that the counter-argument is, that you help others for your personal well-being and self-satisfaction.

misfit

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
27 Jan 2009
Restin:

Yes. But personal becomes a word with no meaning at all. And self too, depeding on how you approach the word.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
as long as you can say "I", the word personal didn't lose any meaning yet.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
You're just talking to talk here... or seeking bugs in a biological self-repairing software.

Go read the definition of persona and it might pop a few lights in your head.

I am that I am, and I have no persona. That is not a paradox...