Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Yopo

Xcrement

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Mar 2005
Hello,
I was wondering about the yopo-seeds you sell. You sell them per 10 gr, and 5 seeds will be good for a trip, but how much seeds are there in 10gr (+- ofcourse), so i know how many trips i can have from the 10gr.
Also, any experiences with yopo?

Greets,

skoeip

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
i think 10 grams will be about 35 to 55 seeds, depending on the species and size of the seeds.

R

Revul

Invité
hi!
i bought yopo seeds from *******. i found the best way to take them is by toasting them as instructed in the accompaniing panphlet and them smoking them like you would coke (not mixing with tabacco, on top of an alluninium foil and with lots of heat), a friend of mine was able to snort 5 seeds and had a much stronger trips than mine. i couldn't make myself snort the seeds cause it seemed to much material, but i intend to do it the next time i buy yopo seeds.
hope it helps :)
xau

melli81

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
13 Juin 2005
Can U smoke Yopo?? tried to snort it...really unpleasent...is there another way.If there´s not I´ll probably dump it :frown:

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
yes I always smoke it, just toast the seeds like popcorn, then scrape of the outside shells, and grind it to a powder. fill a normal pipe and take about 4 to 5 hits and prepare to trip :grin:

crystalinthestorm

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Jan 2006
About a month ago i ordered my first batch of Yopo. One thing that is good to know is that if your looking for the DMT experience it is best to order Anadenathera Pegrina.Fortunalty for me i found a vendor who knows his seeds, and i got the real thing. Vendors will sell you the Ana.Colubrina instead and the A.C.''s alkloid content is high in Bufotine and 5-meo-dmt.

The A.P. on the other hand contains N,nDmt and 5meo with a low saturation of Bufotine. PM me for a reliable vendor.

Yopo is called 'jaguar Medicine' and is a important part of South A. shamanism
From my personal experimentation Yopo is best experienced snuffed not smoked.
The pain is associated with the bite of the Jaguar, and you got to deal with it to get to the other side. If you cant handle the pain, then yopo isn for you.
Here is how i did it.

I toasted 10 A.P. seeds in a frying pan till they popped. Then i used a mortar and pestle( ten bucks at Canadain Tire) to gind them down. Then i mesured out about the size of a third of my seed powder of baking soda.
i wetted the soda into a paste which was rubbed into the seed powder which was toasting again in my pan. The water evaporated fast and it turned grey in colour. After a few minutes i put the mixture in the Motar and P. again and really really ground it into a fine dust, which i let sit overnight to allow the DMT to basify well.

The next night i weighed out a gram of it. and i snuffed a half of gram up each nostril. The pain is incredible but will subside after about 3-5 minutes, then i layed on my bed in the dark.

The trip was like smoking a small amount of spice. And i really doubt that Yopo can blow my mind like my spice. But i have a jar of it and one of these days when my spice runs out i will try a gram up each nostril. I did not puke during this experience.
The hard part about this is that unless your getting it blown up your nose it is hard to get that much powder in there to blow you into hyperspace.

Smoking the seeds will make you feel euphoric, but if your into DMT then your into it for the experinece not the high. On a final note, Yopo is used for the practise of Spiritism, and if your intentions are right-
you'll understand what i mean.

regards,
Crystal in the storm

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
yopo has to be one of the worst plant I tried....

not only did I have no effect even I know I prepared it correctly, but it was painful and disgusting (tried 3 times...)

after having snorted a lot of it and having felt almost nothing it came down from my nose in my throat (or how to explain..) and this was utterly disgusting...

never going to try again.....

better try and find pure dmt (if only I could...)

crystalinthestorm

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Jan 2006
Im sorry to hear that, well, This form of spiritual intoxication has been around for a long long long time so it must work!
There is a Movie called "the magical death" done in the 70's. The film dipicts Yopo Shaman doin there thing.
Excellent.

regards
Crystal in the storm

Scinet

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Nov 2005
WaseFraKa a dit:
after having snorted a lot of it and having felt almost nothing it came down from my nose in my throat (or how to explain..) and this was utterly disgusting...

Oh yeah, been there done that. The taste is beyond disgusting. The pain of yopo insufflation is nothing but a little sting. What gets to me is the combination of having your nasal passages full of some powdery crap and the beautiful taste of it when it combines with snot and floods into your mouth.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
When I tried it, it hurt like hell in my nose (but maybe that was because I was using soda not lime for basing) and then I had a light trip with some nice close-eye visuals but all my blood shot into my head, my face got purple red and I thought my brain is going to burst. Maybe I got the wrong seeds with too much bufotenine?

eyeless

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Oct 2005
With all the talking about 'head turning red/purple', 'heart beating in nose' and 'unbearable pain', I'm wondering if there are any dangers connected to the snorting of Yopo seed powder? I've received my 10 grams of Yopo seeds from *******, but some of the forum talk is holding me from immediately trying it. I'd feel a lot more comfortable - and I'd be more willing to confront the pain - if anyone could assure me there are no risks involved.

aliceinwonderland

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Jan 2006
hi eye,

start with a low dose of 1-2 seeds mixed with lime (1:4 in favor of the roasted seeds). Let the light turned on when snorting. Effects will start after 3-5 minutes... Keep cool and don´t get panic... In the first phase you will get a bit nervous then you will calm down... turn off the light then, close your eyes and enjoy the colors. If you start low i think it´s quite safe...

alice

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
aynama a dit:
is it utterly useless to eat yopo?

Well, DMT isn't orally active unless combined with a MAOI. I personally can't recall reading or hearing about any cases of eating Yopo, but the thought has crossed my mind too. I've been meaning to dig in to the subject more at some point. Combining MAOI and smoking of Yopo seems also like an option I most likely will try.

crystalinthestorm

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Jan 2006
I definitly know that the purple face and swollen face effects are from the bufotine. And not the DMT.
If you follow the directions ive posted above and have ANadenathera Pegrina seeds, this will not happen.
I have never had negative effects from YOPO except for the Pain from snorting the sacrement.
But of course there are better ways of experienceing DMT than YOPO.For me it was the historical and spiritual aspects of it that led me to do it.
But i prefer my spice extracted nowadays.
Regards.

crystal.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I personally can't recall reading or hearing about any cases of eating Yopo
Well, if you eat yopo and a MAOI you are having an ayahuasca analogue - you could just as well use the traditional ayahuasca plants. I think I recall reading from someone who mixed yopo seeds in his ayahuasca brew and said he became really sick from it, so I wouldn't do it!

eyeless

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Oct 2005
I tried popping 4 seeds yesterday, but I burned three of them, they were all black. I guess I'll have to learn to make popcorn before I try to prepare the yopo seeds again :)

Shroomlady

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
8 Déc 2005
Making popcorn is not so difficult... are you sure that they should pop? Not just be roasted?

Xochipilli

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Jan 2006
I only roast them in a dry Pan till they pop to better get rid of the shell and to predry.
Then i dry them over my heating and pulverize them with a one third baking soda in my morta. :p
Yes, but for me its very heavy to put more than half a gramm in my nostrils. :oops:
I had the colubrina seeds, they are definitely halucinogenic(in there own way). The afterburn when about half an hour is passed(after the basic trip with a little nausea and pressure in the head) is much like an low schroom trip for me :D
When i sniffed about 600mg i had heavy nausea and puked a little.
This was 2 hours after i had a pizza, maybe that was the case ? :roll:
Next Time i will try the peregrinas and see if theres any difference in it. That would be my new research!

eyeless

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Oct 2005
aliceinwonderland a dit:
start with a low dose of 1-2 seeds mixed with lime (1:4 in favor of the roasted seeds). Let the light turned on when snorting. Effects will start after 3-5 minutes... Keep cool and don´t get panic... In the first phase you will get a bit nervous then you will calm down... turn off the light then, close your eyes and enjoy the colors. If you start low i think it´s quite safe...
Thanks for the advise. I did however start with a dose of 4 seeds, because my scale pointed out this wat about 350 mg. Combined with the lime, it should have been about 500 mg, which I split into four thick lines.

Although I liked the smell, I still was a bit nervous because I knew snorting was going to hurt. I snorted two lines, realised the pain wasn't all that bad, waited a bit and then snorted the other two - it went with relative ease. I was shaking quite heavily and didn't feel too good, so I lay down in my bedt where the effects immediately kicked in quite brutally - a bit like a mushroom trip 'on speed', with similar images alternating at a high rate. These were interrupted by attemps of my stomach to get rid of whatever was in it - in this case, just a tiny bit of orange juice I'd drank right before the trip. The nausea, a nosebleed :)oops:) and my heartbeat stopped me from properly enjoying the first few minutes, because I wanted to be sure my body was 'safe' and the speed of the trip was quite overwhelming. The next twinty minutes, I managed to enjoy the trip, but I was haunted by the thought my body wasn't handling it too well. At one point, the trip went in a bad direction when I tried to 'understand' mankind - something I really have to stop doing, because it just frustrates me. After this, I thought it'd be better to open my eyes (I'd left on a bit of light) and had some great open-eye visuals - bright patterns, 2D vision, being in a different place, a different understanding of objects and the like. The last 30 minutes of my trip (it lasted for a bit less than an hour) were actually the best: I could better enjoy both open- and close-eye visuals in the end. I wouldn't have minded if the trip lasted longer, but after the trip, I felt really and refreshed, even though I had a minor headache.

Does anyone perhaps have some suggestions to enhance the first half of my next yopo-trip a bit? Should I immediately turn off all lights, should I do it without music next time around (I'm running out of tripmusic I haven't heard before already)? It seems to me this isn't the kind of trip you'd do with a bunch of people, but I could be wrong.