Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Worst Experience with Bank

Remedy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Avr 2009
Just wondering if anyone else has been ripped off by a bank.

Someone somehow made a single purchase with my girlfriends debit card totaling $105 (from texas..hundreds of miles from us), this put us under but she didn't know that until a couple days after so she kept making purchases because she still technically had money (had that 105 not been posted)

we now have a $35 charge for every purchase made (even that pack of gum) which now puts us at -$400 or so...

we are currently disputing this but im not too confident that they will stop the charges.

Basically, they didn't protect us and stole $400 from us...

anyone else have this sorta thing happen?

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Thats more like a bad experience with a thief.

Jakobien

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
Banking is becoming one of the nastiest types of commerce. It's business, mostly for THEM, the banks.

If there aren't some national laws and organisms for protection, they can rip you off in many ways.

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Too much governmental influence and théy will rip you off.. ;)

Remedy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Avr 2009
yeah so now we are taking out loans with our school to cover our ass.

maybe buy a shotgun :wink:

but no seriously..we are withdrawing the account and I'm going to give them a piece of my mind if they don't fix this.

mysticwarrior

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Remedy a dit:
yeah so now we are taking out loans with our school to cover our ass.

maybe buy a shotgun :wink:

but no seriously..we are withdrawing the account and I'm going to give them a piece of my mind if they don't fix this.

Great to see such a spirit ;)

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Get out your notebook your gonna wanna write this down. ;)
Banks give you money for having money, and charge you money for not having money.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
ok i know i'm in the anti-bank thread and i plan on keeping my cash under the mattress: question is, will i really miss something? (besides the commodity of being able to transfer money instantly over distance but there are non-bank alternatives for that)

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I see the commodity as being the greatest and actually only advantage. Buying from the internet is often connected to things like PayPal (just take the donation for the forum!) or credit cards. Even paying normal bills is more comfortable with online banking. But that's just lazyness.

What would really concern me is - how will you get your salary? I don't think that the companies would pay bar?

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
ok just that would make it necessary...

Remedy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Avr 2009
well, as of this morning they have dropped the charges and refunded us what little was left in our account.

we took the money and ran, never will go back again.

oh and jambar, we used associated bank.

i use First National and havent had any problems with them, that was my girls account and shes had nothing but problems with them lying about things. apparently, if they didnt know the answer they would just give us false info which would end up screwing us.

bankers are truly some amazing people...heartless swine. police just beat you, maybe throw you in jail...but they still feed you......bankers take everything and throw you on the street (thats what would have happened had we not been in school and able to get loans)

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
geezus, good you didn't get charged.

this is what happens in a corporation. things are designed so that the corporation can act like a complete tyrant, without anyone in the chain having to take personal responsibility. add in just a few deranged power-hungry people who've stomped over others to get to key spots in the hierarchy..

Remedy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Avr 2009
yeah...between my recent experiences there and just experiencing other people and situations...people who are intolerant of what have been deemed "alternate" lifestyles or orientations, implying the only "right" lifestyle is a nice, plain, obeying one.

My school has a policy that if I'm caught in possession of or dealing an illegal substance I could be expelled and will have to give back all financial aid granted to me (thousands)... now I can get drunk, club a girl and do as a I please with her until morning..that's cool, but possessing a single gram of a non-harmful, non-violence inducing substance that I happen to take medically....I'm screwed. Oh and after they take back grant money I already spent and kick me out of a school I already got the books for..then I'll be discriminated by future employers and would be admissions councils.

then I see all the greed and violence going on around me and I want to leave the US...until I realize its not the US, its human nature and the current state of most gov.