Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

World psychedelic support statistic

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Thanks for posting here.. I've seen this petition around for a while. But it doesn't seem to really have any clear goals at the moment. What is going to be done with the petition? How will it be promoted? Will there be rallies and lobbying? Publications? How will participants raise awareness regrading the benefits of this research?

There are millions of people out there who would support psychedelic research.. good luck...

fireseed

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
30 Avr 2008
Connecting people and rallying support for when the next opportunity arises.
We are simply trying to do all that we can. You are here, you must support psychedelic research/education in one manner or another, so what better action do you suggest to help push our passion into the light of the world?

We hope to eventually have a standing like the following:
"
Do consider that every call received by your representative on a particular issue is statistically recorded to represent about 10,000 people in the United States population. I'm not completely certain about the exact number but this method of estimating total potential voters does exist.

Your call does matter.
(Barney Frank's Personal Use Act)

https://secure2.convio.net/mpp/site/Adv ... ogin=false"

Perhaps when any one of the next universities are looking for support or volunteers for their next psilocybin studies, we could help.
Perhaps when the next curious mind is defending their right to responsibly use tools of consciousness for their own benefit, we might serve as a point.
Or perhaps it will inspire someone else to take a next better step, perhaps you.
Let me know what you think.
Cheers.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Thanks, fireseed. I'm not trying to be pointlessly critical, I do actually hope that one day these substances will be seen for their therapeutic and research value. (Hence why I'm here on this forum)

Cheers!

fireseed

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
30 Avr 2008
Ditto. :)

...think you could give it a sign then?
righteous quote btw.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
I agree with daytripper... but I signed.

fireseed

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
30 Avr 2008
First of all I would like to state my personal stance to help clarify the origin and intent of the project.

I have no particular standing in the field, like the majority of psy enthusiasts, other than a strong passion for healing and the mysteries of the mind.

I yearn to share the experience with others in a qualified manner and deeply believe in it's therapeutic potential as well as our inherent right to explore it.

As of yet, I have seen no mainstream action-orientated attempts that allow any participant to have a hand in reinforcing what they believe, a way to cut through all the diversities of the field to a simplistic progressive mean. So the best first step, I thought, would be to just collect numbers.

And yes, that is still where it stands. Make no mistake, we are aware of the lack of a next step to be made, but many positive connections are being created and many people seem to be quite motivated as a result.

But now we have a step up. In under two months, nearly 400 people who say without a doubt on a legitimate document that they do and will support the furthering of psychedelic research and education. I see this as dormant potential, a catalyst waiting to happen.

Now that more people are on board, we are just reaching the stage of considering where to go now, we have members of MAPS, the NDRI, Erowid, Gaia Media, as well as many other behind the concept, and new visions are on the horizon.

I believe a statistical commonality is crucial, and I fully encourage anyone to disagree with any alternative in mind. How do you foresee a coming together in our name in a way that will produce results? Offer us some clear goals, and we, with our numbers, will surely do everything in our power to heed to that call.

We have just started tossing around the idea of ways to start lobbying for the cause, we have started approaching various entheogen vendors to mutually display banners, we have basically approached just about every psychedelic related group that we can think of, but every time we go back we have more numbers and the concept of gathering more together seems that much more worthy.

Please, if you have any ideas, share them. If you have a way to produce another cause that will completely put ours to waste, we couldn't be happier.

In this time, the knowledge is out there, enough people will make the stand, we just need to have a viable enough way for them to do that, and it is something that we all share a calling for.

I hope to see all of you in the future, please let us know.

Cheers,

-Jason S. (fireseed)