Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Why the fuck are we so small and do we "exist"

Kai

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
4 Juin 2009
Forums won't let me embed video, but I hope you won't be lazy and actually watch the videos.
They are HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended, seriously watch them they'll give you a whole new perspective on reality.

I don't know if anyone has ever thought about how small we are on a universal scale but maybe that thought will pop up after you watch this HIGHLY recommended video. Blow your "mind":

After acknowledging this, is it safe to ask if we even exist at all? Or if our whole reality is just consciousness? Still not asking that? Then watch this video:

I hope you guys will take the time to watch the videos and share your thoughts on the subject here, I am very very eager to see what you guys have to say.

Thank you!

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
The first sentence of the second video is just an assumption.
And we're neither small nor large. It just depends on your point of view.

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Yes 'we' are small.. on an individual level we're one out of 6 billion on the planet.. jeesh.. yet.. all those six billion are individuals as well. There's nothing 'bigger' then that.. there are no exceeders. So at the same time we're the biggest there is!

I don't know if this (on an individual level) is what you meant..

Kai

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
4 Juin 2009
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
What I'm wondering is if "Small nor large" even exist?
I'm quite confused.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
What I'm wondering is if "Small nor large" even exist?
Not really. Only when you isolate two objects and have to make a comparative statement about them, then one is small and the other is large. Otherwise, everything is simply an expression of a particular layer of the infinite fractal. The Golden Mean ratio allows for perfect embedding: smaller systems within smaller systems, ad infinitum and vice versa.

Proteus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Sept 2009
That first video is awesome. I've seen it before but it never fails to amaze with the sense of proportion it gives.

The second video, its interesting but I have a problem with the way its presented. It uses suggestive soundbites from important thinkers taken out of context of their wider field of knowledge, then it mixes that with soundbites from new age snake oil peddlers whose only authenticity is in being clever enough to market magical thinking to the gullible by the use of pseudoscience & bastardised traditional wisdom.

Proteus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Sept 2009
Ok, more negative ranting. Srz.

People like Gregg Braden who is featured in the second video piss me off. They draw upon philosophical & scientific knowledge that is solid & well accepted but they then make interpretations & conclusions that are wildly speculative and unsubstantiated, pretending that there is no difference.

The new age gurus don't distinguish between fact and belief. They seem ignorant of that distinction but they must know they're frauds at some level. I guess they're just too busy? misleading people so they can push junk like "The Secret" to care about "The Truth".

Thinking about the idea that the universe is a projected hologram is interesting but to get a better understanding about the Holographic Principle and its implications you have to have be discerning about where the information is coming from.

This video from Berkeley University: The World as a Hologram should be accessible to people with college/high-school level mathematics & physics. Now what is explained there, to me, is really interesting.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Exactly... quantum physics are juste a distraction from the simplicity of holographic fractality.

It's like comparing John F. Kenedy with George Bush...

The only key element that is one truth amongst many, is that we are intimately linked with creating the universe... but then again that has too often been interpreted as luciferian freedom conundrums.

We must find why we are here before trying to understand how we are here...

then form communities, in a rational way, then... much later. Explore.

You see that big W in the first part of the video ? Clear illuminatus cracka funded video...

infinitetransistor

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Août 2009
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
The first sentence of the second video is just an assumption.

i hear that ^

were both giant and tiny its relative to perspective just like speed or movement or anything

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
size is relative...

ever study relativity? Puts things in perspective...

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Our size is perfect for what we are. Different sizes means different laws: compare an insect falling down one meter or an elephant falling down one meter.

Or try comparing an electron to a ball or a wave...

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Meduzz a dit:
Our size is perfect for what we are. Different sizes means different law
Yes, and possibilities. For example, we need tiny creatures in our guts, or flying around pollinating flowers. We need larger predators to keep the smaller rodents in check, etc. It's a wonderful world...

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
To visualise cosmic distance more accurately, you'll have to keep in mind that the speed of light is approximately 300.000 km/s. One light year comes down to travelling 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and each single second within that year 300.000 km's are travelled.

So if you measure how many seconds there are in a year, it'll be: the quantity of seconds in a year x 300.000 km = the distance travelled in just one year with the speed of light. Still absolutely nowhere far from earth.

Now, a million years travelling with the speed of light would be interesting, but considering the observed ultra deep field of the universe is further than 15 billion lightyears (15.000 million light years from earth), a million lightyears is still only 1/15.000 of the size of the universe for as far as we have observed it as mankind . :p

And since the earth is not the centre of the universe, dark matter is what lies beyond the visible outer sides.

Another note, with the speed of light, it would just take 0.1 second to make a turn around our globe.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
side note: dark matter is b.s. they need to re-do general relativity. Space and time do not warp with gravity...

sigh..

Dark energy = New force
Dark Matter = Redo relativity or newton's laws... I'm begginning to despise how much science is just taken to be true

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
yes gravity bends light so it would bend space and time..

its kind of obvious that gravity warps space at least
and with that comes time

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
... Don't eat up what they tell you.

"Light travels in a straight line, this must mean that space is bent by gravity!"

... I've done alot of thinking on this and I'm slowly getting the hint that some relativity was a jump, a leap rather to a conclusion.

Just as Q.M. satisfies all outcomes mathematically, it's theories are radically incorrect. I hate it.

Proteus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Sept 2009
IJesusChrist a dit:
... Don't eat up what they tell you.

"Light travels in a straight line, this must mean that space is bent by gravity!"

... I've done alot of thinking on this and I'm slowly getting the hint that some relativity was a jump, a leap rather to a conclusion.

Just as Q.M. satisfies all outcomes mathematically, it's theories are radically incorrect. I hate it.
Well, Relativity and QM could be incorrect but they're the best models we've got. They make predictions about the behavior of the world with incredible accuracy.

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
Actually, Light bends time and space when travelled far enough.
=)
Well i saw that in some documentary, which was about Light, the sun and the size of the known universe.
I really want to find it agian.
Any suggestions?

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
QM's math is impecable, but its psychological descriptions of that math are wrong.

Relativity works... for a while. It's obviously wrong.

And no, gravity does not bend time and space.

I know this is what you learn in all your youtube videos, and your general relativity lectures, but it's wrong, you will see. They will find it out.

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
IJesusChrist a dit:
QM's math is impecable, but its psychological descriptions of that math are wrong.

Relativity works... for a while. It's obviously wrong.

And no, gravity does not bend time and space.

I know this is what you learn in all your youtube videos, and your general relativity lectures, but it's wrong, you will see. They will find it out.
Hehehe, since when was Gravity the same thing as light?
And its fun learning off the interwebz btw.
I guess im wrong, and I also guess most things are...IT dont stop me from watching bad youtube videos! :p