Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Why do I only have partial control over lucid dreams?

Mrboxey

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Nov 2012
beefcharcoal a dit:
Yeah I 100% understand what you're saying. I wonder if your body would allow that to happen. I imagine you would lose control of the dream and wake up once your body is ready. Would be interesting to find out though.
I also wonder if it is possible that if you had 100% control of your dream, would reality eventually replace your dreams. Like I mean would your subconscious know you need food, so while in the dream you could sleep walk etc and get food and do what you need to survive without actually waking up?

That would work to a certain extent... However, I was thinking like the movie inception, where they hooked people up to the IVs and put bedpans under them... Ewww...... But then, they would get like a weeks vacation for every 8 hours.... Crazy.... That would be pretty awesome though... Might be more relaxing...

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
lucid dreaming isn't about having special abilities or being able to fabricate things from nothing. lucid dreaming as about having, then maintaining that one is in fact asleep. it's a dual awareness that one is sleeping, yet still engaged in the dream consciousness as well. it's like feeling two bodies at once. from this, fantastic things may occur, but this is merely a by-product. i often, actually more often than not, have special abilities in my dreams, but i have no idea that i am dreaming, i actually believe that i am manipulating the fabric of reality. this is cool, but is not lucid dreaming..

Sophia

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Mai 2016
I can fly well in lucid dreams but other things are hard, such as teleportation... interestingly reading Harry Potter and the bit where they learn to teleport (oops "apparate") helped me work out a technique that sort of worked in my dream xD I guess it's all sort of skills. You have power in lucid dreams but not infinite power. I find the brighter and more expansive the dream the more powerful I am. Meditation and self love exercises alter the dreamscape and can help you gain that power.

psychosanta

Banni
Inscrit
31 Déc 2017
first it takes ALOT of practice to get there. keep a dream journal.... learn to fly and levitate in dreams. you might get there eventually