Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Why and How Much!

lizard

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Jan 2004
Hi Everybody;
I just wanna open a new post to learn what other people think of Mushrooms.
If you answer, i will be pleased;
1) Why do you choose to use mushrooms?
2) Which Mushrooms do you prefer and why?
3) How often do you use mushrooms? Daily, weekly, once a month etc...

First i want to start;
I just want to use mushrooms to feel the shamans' way. I read lots of books about shaman life, saw that it is the only way to open my perception and understand the nature and life.
I never tried mushrooms because they are really hard to find in Turkey. But i just think of buy spores and grow my own ones.

Thanks everybody :=)

spacevis

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Déc 2003
1) The main reason I choose to use them is because they alter conciousness. It opens new perspectives and gives greater insight in the workings of the mind. mushrooms show me that the whole world is one big stage, and people are taking it way to seriously.

2) I have only tried the cubensis, several strains, but I like them all. If I read the descriptions I think the philosopher stones would appeal more to me, but I have yet to try them. Anyways, I have still much to learn.

3) I use mushrooms about twice a year. It's not something you do every day (because it doesn't work every day, tolerance gets built up pretty quickly with mushrooms) or even every week. Every experience has to be processed by your mind and usually, when the time's right for another experience, you'll know.

Aerogel

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
1) I choose shrooms, like spacevis said, to open my perception. I know for a fact that I am very diferent now because I have entered in the shroom world. My thoughts are depper, I aquired a diferent perspective of all questions that urge in my mind, and once again, like spacevis said, I also think that the world is a stage, much like the "Matrix" movie... by the way... this movie is a nice "ghost" from the future...

2) I've tried some strains also, but until now, my vote goes for cubensis. I havent tried any stronger shroom, but I think the main diference is the potency. When we use a "powerfull" mushroom, we just need to consume less quantities. That always good to your digestion.

3) I use them as I get it... but I dont stress about getting them...
I think I've been using them once every two months, althought sometimes I can use them a lot more.
Spacevis says that we build tolerance, and we should not use the shrooms more than twice a year. My opinion is a lot diferent from this one.
Actually, your build up tolerance, but the human body only need 2-3 days to lower the tolerance again, making the psylocibin once again effective. I dont know if you should use shrooms on a dayly or weekly basis, but I'm sure you can find all the information you need on the net, or even here!

spacevis

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Déc 2003
I never said that. I said I use them twice a year and using them every day doesn't work because of the tolerance, but I never said you can only use them twice a year.

Aerogel

Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
My mistake, sorry /forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif
In fact I think we all got our own tolerances. We all have our own timming, and we only should use any substance with the knowledge to use it wisely.
It can be risky, and the only way to avoid it is to be informed!

spacevis

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Déc 2003
Tolerance for psilocin is about 24hrs, but this is of course fysical tolerance. Some people can take in a psychological sense) more trips in a short period of time than others, so in that we all have our own timing indeed.

And I totally agree with ag about the information. Never take a drug before you are fully informed of it's effects and side-effects. Because before you know it, it's either /forum/images/graemlins/puke.gif or /forum/images/graemlins/dead.gif or sometimes /forum/images/graemlins/jester.gif

/forum/images/graemlins/lolwsign.gif

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
When I told people I've looked up the info of every drug I take, they laughed at me and told me I'm an idiot ! I think the people who don't know what they take & what the effects are are idiots !!

Also my advise ; get informed, then get drugged !

ACid_BuRN

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
1 Déc 2002
I enjoy tripping with mushrooms and psychoactives,because the first time i took an hallucinogenic (lsd /forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif)my life changed,my personality changed,my mind and vision of this planet and life,changed.They´ve showed me the beauty and purity of this life,and how deeply blind humans became.so far...in my opinion no other psychoactive can match with mushrooms,despite LSD(wich in my opinion is THE ONE /forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif).It´s really an overwhelming experience...but as many words i put in this post,they will not be sufficient to describe it,you have to feel/see/experience for yourself(but not alone).

First time,i took with two other friends about 4grs each of psilocybe cubensis(the best and strongest ones so far),and it was an awesome and intense trip,so that might be an advisable dosage for an intense trip,but if it is your first,i would advise you to take only 2grs.
I don´t have a time defined to take hallucinogenics,i take them when it makes sense to do it,when i take them i always want to have different experiences,from where i can learn new things or experience different emotions and visions.

Go for it,and let the mushroom take you to other worlds,perceptions,emotions and visions...one thing i can tell you...like it or not...you'll never forget it /forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif!!!

Have a nice Trip!

Aerogel

Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
And one important thing to keep in mind... always use this kind of psychoactives only if you are happy, withbno troubles to worry you about, and if you dont know any mental probrem history in your direct family.

You must be a "grown-up", so you can understand the trip, and you brain is prepared to it. If you are somewhat "childish", you should consider on taking them or not... you might just not be prepared to it...

High_One

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
2 Fev 2003
1) To open up that 3rd eye and know what its all about!!
2) I prefer them all, every trip is different
3) I use shrooms only once or twice a year. There is no reason to do it more often, if you use it allways when you have the chance then you are just dumb and ingnorant.
You will go very deep on shrooms if you do it with respect for nature and life (shrooms are not here for fun, they are but they are lots more than that, they TEACH.)
Offcourse when you are experienced things go faster, but dont do it often when you are a beginner /forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif. try to understand piece by piece cause its large!

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
it's not the shroom that teaches, but it stimulates you to teach yourselve !

spacevis

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Déc 2003
Actually, some people -and most of the Shamans, if not all- actually claim it's the mushrooms themselves that teach.

Read The Cosmic Serpent by Jeremy Narby for an account on how Shamans use psychotropic plants (such as tobacco, ayahuasca, etc.) to access information in the form of biophotons emitted by DNA. It's all very speculative, but it raises a few interesting questions. It also wipes the argument, that psychotropic plants merely widen your perspective, off the table.

Aerogel

Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
But that must be because of lack of information. As you might know, the shamans usualy dont have scholar studies, so they "have" to believe in something, and therefore putting the "learn" on the shrooms...
I think that shrooms let you think diferent....

spacevis

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Déc 2003
That's true, but that's also where the book raises questions. Why is it that Shamans know that they have to combine a plaint containing a psychoactive and a plant containing an MAO-I? Why is it that amazonians know which plants you have to combine to make the deadly curare? Why is it that they know it only works when it enters the body by IV? By chance? Out of 80 000 different plants they found all these things by chance?
Same with DNA: 4 building blocks, 20 amino acids and the necessary translating mechanisms to make life. Where did this all come from? Did it appear by chance? Francis Crick claims this is impossible.

The problem is, we think we know everything already, but actually, the only thing we know, is that we know nothing. It is possible that what we see in a mushroom experience is told to us by mushrooms, or possibly even God, we don't know that. Nor do we know if the current scientific explanations are adequate. If there's something Kuhn has thought us with his paradigm-shift theory, then it's that science is always wrong, but it's the best that us, puny humans, have.

I can't prove if what we see in a mushroom trip is a broadenign of our natural perspective, a message emitted by the mushroom's DNA , or possibly from God or maybe aliens; but when you're tripping, it's sometimes very hard to believe that all you see and think is only a product of your own imagination.

p1tch

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Jan 2004
About the "Why taking Shroomz"

I think the regular live as we all know it, standing up, working or go to school, have friends and so on, the live, is like a (mystical) train. When i take mushrooms i am leaving this train of life for a while, watching it from the outside, without ANY bias. Thats why it is good for me.
It gives me (you too?) the ability to watch and think about all and everything without thinking in the regular way of live, i am spectating myself and live from another point.
Imo there are no Gods or Aliens showing you something. Its just yourself without any opinion / attitude, and the most important thing: no bias / prejudice.

I think that is how we can (simplified!) say it.

/p1tch

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
I like to call mushrooms "a short break from life" , or a "mini-holiday", so I can agree on this !

ACid_BuRN

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
1 Déc 2002
Hey p1tch,couldn't agree more with your post,that's my vision of shrooms too!Wonderfull description...

p1tch

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Jan 2004
You COULDNT agree ? /forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif

spacevis

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Déc 2003
he couldn't agree MORE !! That is, he has reached the top of his capacity to agree.