Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Where to do DMT?

Tycho

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
9 Août 2012
Hey,

I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I am planning on taking a trip early next year (2013), and was planning on hitting up South America to drink Ayahuasca with shaman there. I am just looking for any advice, guides, or experiences people have had doing this, and any tips they could give to make my research a bit more direction. Also, is there anywhere in south-east Asia, or the himalaya region where they traditionally use DMT of any sort?

I'm aware I can process acacia (we have around 1000 varieties in Australia, not sure how many have psycho-active elements though), but having the experience of the shaman guiding me I believe will give me an overall better experience.

I don't want to try DMT to "get high", I want it to talk to me and change the way my mind works.

Thanks all!

Tycho

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
9 Août 2012
Tycho a dit:
Hey,

I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I am planning on taking a trip early next year (2013), and was planning on hitting up South America to drink Ayahuasca with shaman there. I am just looking for any advice, guides, or experiences people have had doing this, and any tips they could give to make my research a bit more direction. Also, is there anywhere in south-east Asia, or the himalaya region where they traditionally use DMT of any sort?

I'm aware I can process acacia (we have around 1000 varieties in Australia, not sure how many have psycho-active elements though), but having the experience of the shaman guiding me I believe will give me an overall better experience.

I don't want to try DMT to "get high", I want it to talk to me and change the way my mind works.

Thanks all!

Also, it'd be good to hear a few stories about what people have learned from DMT. What has it taught you, that nothing else could?

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
id reccommend you do a good amount of research before you go. as far as places go, i can reccommend "casa de la madre", which is in peru, but that's the only one i know of. look up cielo tierra on facebook. she runs the place and can give you more info about pricing, etc. she speaks english awa spanish.

dont let it scare you off, but, i have heard of some people posing as shamans to clueless tourists, and they do shady things like: while you're tripping hard, they'd do something like tell you "ok now throw your posessions into the river, rid yourself of your worldly attachments" which, conceptually, is a benevolent idea, right? but they suggest these things when one is in a severely vulnerable mindstate, which is not ok. that and they just go later and fish all of your stuff out of a net downstream...

so like i said, do your research, and only visit trusted shamans/curanderos. and preferrably only go for places that other people have been to themselves and have reccommended.

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
I herd your suppose to be sitting down.

oko

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Juin 2012
I'll be travelling in south america next year too. Let me know how your researches go, I'd be very interested in exploring my mind with shamans and those substances.

mindbodysoul

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
31 Août 2012
It has shown swim what no others can. It showed true personalities of others,universal impurities, and beautiful fractals.

boboav

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
3 Sept 2012
yes, DMT should brint into an univers made by fractals, it will bring you into the universe creation....as swim says

James1919

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Sept 2012
I find smoked DMT to be every bit as healing as ayahuasca. The visions are exactly the same for me, too. One can even take oral or smoked MAOI's, and then smoke the DMT once they have had enough time to take effect. To me, you are your own best guide, and I would always recommend taking it alone if engaged in personal exploration (and not totally naive as regards the psychedelic state).

B

brad

Invité
I would also like to know about getting some DMT in Southeast Asia, or DMT bearing plants here. More specifically, in Thailand. There has to be some acacia or grass that has a high amount of NN-DMT. I worry about the plant containing toxins. Do these get removed when you do the acid-base extraction? More simply... is it illegal to import the mimosa hostilis root bark or other products into Thailand (i.e. from a website)? I would like to have a deeper experience next time. It had a strong effect but I need to dig deeper into the confounding and beautiful experience. I want to close my eyes for longer next time because that's when I saw beautiful intricate rotating machine flinging speckles at me with letters on them. I'm not sure if I was in a dome but something seemed like I was, but I can't really remember now.

The Observer

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
28 Mar 2013
I got back from Peru several weeks ago. Was in Icquitos area, and stayed at a retreat in the jungle for 2 weeks.
If money is limited, I would highly suggest just going down there, and within a day or two, you will easily find international travellers that will have insights as to where to go, that is VERY affordable compared to the places that you might book in advance, that advertise via their websites. The experience with a shaman, in the jungle, is incredible. However, the most important thing, I believe, is making sure that whatever brew that they use, is a very good, strong brew. You need to be careful, as some brews, in addition to the ayahuasca vine, and typically Chacruna (DMT containing plant), also use Toe' (aka...Devils breath, Jimson weed, trumpet flowers, etc.) in their brews. The main active substance in Toe' is scopolomine, which can be lethal. I could go on for a long time, but am short on time. I hope this helped!
Much Love
Observer