Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

What was your birth like?

What was your birth like?

• it was considered an easy delivery

Votes: 0 0,0%
  • it was a very difficult, prolonged delivery

• it was a difficult delivery, ending in a Caesarian section

• it was an easy delivery, but a Caesarian section

• the delivery was OK, but there were complications afterwards

• I was born way too early

• other

• Nombre total d'électeurs

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I wonder if there's any relationship between type of birth and the tendency to become a psychonaut, or having particular character traits and physical or psychological anomalies.

My own story: I was the youngest of three children. The delivery of my oldest brother had been extremely painful for my mother, ending in a Caesarian section. Not wanting to go through such an experience again, she had my other brother and myself taken out through a Caesarian section, but by appointment, i.e. without my mother first feeling birth pains. In other words, I never experienced being rhythmically pressured and then pushed out through a narrow channel, nor did I feel a strong surge of unfamiliar hormones. On the other hand, the very rapid transition from darkness to light (and intrusive medical examinations...) must have been shocking to me.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
A bit too early, but without complications.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
I was given birth to at home, no complications whatsoever, it seems as though I was eager to explore this world :lol:

My parents might consider my interest in what they see as 'drugs' as a post-natal complication though :roll:

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
I was given birth to at home, no complications whatsoever, it seems as though I was eager to explore this world :lol:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
VerusDeus a dit:
Well, I do believe there's some truth in that, but it's still somewhat of a chicken or egg issue to me (funny metaphor in this context, lol).

My oldest brother, who "refused to come out", lived a rather reckless and extroverted life afterwards and died young (31). I've also noted a significant difference between my oldest son, who was born under stressful conditions, and my youngest, who was effortlessly delivered at home with no one present but his brother, mother and father. There's a clear distinction in optimism, joviality and luck between the two. The size of their pupils also differs significantly, the youngest often resembling a person on MDMA.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Interesting thread.

But, so complex. My guess would be that the birth experience 'imprints' one with an initial 'wiring', just like imprinting in its more basic forms work on all animals.

I would imagine you have read (or heard of ) Konrad Lorenz? He is basically the 'father' of ethology, a branch of science that investigates behaivoural patterns in animals. He has a lot of interesting thoughts about animals and imprinting, and a lot of what he said is relevant to what you are talikng about.

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konrad_Lorenz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imprinting_(psychology)

....and it's just the tip of the iceberg, I'm sure there are all kinds of hidden influences in our existences.....

:)

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I have not read anything from Konrad Lorenz yet, but I did read some things about imprinting (including his experiments with geese) in the books of his follow zoologist Desmond Morris, especially in The Naked Ape and The Human Zoo. I also read about it in some books on parenting.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
VerusDeus, I was also born at home :) There were no complications as far as I am aware.

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
Easy delivery,
whitout complications....but I'm not 100% sure about that :lol:

Serious, no complications easy delivery, easy going baby. But I'm a skinny man all my live but you can't see my bones tru the skin if you know what I mean.
My brother is 20 years old, also easy delivery but a big baby(still is lol!) and more bulky. Now he's atletic like me. I played baseball till I started going out in the weekends and was just to wasted to play ball. Shame. My brother still plays, and don't take any drugs. But then again we are alike and total opposites. Lets say we both follow our own path.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
Hardest thing for me poor mum...first birth and detachment of placenta 6 hours in a bad condition trying to push me out...when the doctors figured there was fetal suffering i.e. i was late and couldn't get enough oxygen, they went and opened up...
my parents use this excuse of fetal suffering to tell me that i'm stoopid, and the reason i do drugs is because i have a badly developed brain, i lack in mental processes, according to them, that would "protect" me from doing any kind of drug...fucking Neodarwinist Nazis...

EDIT: what i said about my parents is not entirely true...however they do allow me to take Cannabis....tho they are strongly against other drugs...

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Wow, the results of the poll (so far) seem to suggest most psychonauts were born without complications!

And Restin, I'm not surprised!

Mara

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Avr 2008
I was born at home without any complications. I was three weeks early but there were no health-issues. :D

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
i was a c-section on unknown reasons
and i know i was born at early morning, grey skies
maybe thats why its my favorite time and weather?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
Wow, the results of the poll (so far) seem to suggest most psychonauts were born without complications!

I think this doesn't really say anything until you compare it with the general population.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Of course, I thought about that. I still find it significant, or something to ponder over. How was your transit?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I voted the same as most people. I was born a day late, but I was out within the hour.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
:D

Wow, it's been a nice day @ psychonaut. I'm going to sign off now, and won't be online for two days. Too bad I can't take that document of Lilly with me. Have a nice time in my absence and if you just voted, thank you very much.

Oh, it's weekeeeend!!!! :D

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Easy delivery. But a remarkable complication.

First off all, the umbilical cord was cut off by the doctor, but the midwife noticed these stamps on my head, while she stripped these stamps off with her clammy hands, I seemed okay. Then she handed them over to the doctor. When my mother asked for a drink, both the doctor and midwife said 'yes' but kept staring at the morning sun. Then they both suddenly walked over to my mother's bed and were flabbergasted through any women giving birth, their wondrous expression and exceptional glance in the eyes was memorable according my mum.

Years ago, I encountered the doctor and midwife, both having long hear, both wearing richly colored clothes and now independant agricultral workers.

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
I don't know if this is peculiar or not. I had a planned caesaria because my head was thought of as too big.

I've always thought it was some lame excuse my mother gave me not to tell something else.