Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

What OS are the psychonauts use?

aliendo

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Nov 2007
Yesterday i installed for first time Linux at my laptop. I thought that the linux is better for psychonauts.
I am very curious of what os is the best for psychonauts.

What OS are you using and what are you thinking about?

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I think a voice-controlled OS would be best for psychonauts.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
vista!!
it has some cool visual functions, but i do have some compatibility issues...

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Why would linux be the better option for a psychonaut?

I am still using windows XP on my desktop, windows vista on my laptop and Slackware linux on my fileserver.

aliendo

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Nov 2007
Because is open source!
Like psychonautic tools are open source of wisdom of billion years.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Although I do underline your point about open source, I still use Windows XP, because I never have any problem with it and I'm used to it.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I'm using a mac. not that I'm one of those materialistic fanboys, but I like that os. I hardly have any problems with it, and I can run windows if I want to.

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
I’m running Windows DMT. Nothing runs faster.
I have machine elf tech support and everything!

Peace.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
LOL buffachino

I use Windows XP. I've never used anything different, because I have never had to oppourunity to do so. My uncle always says switch to Lynix, but it seems like to hard of a system to get used to.(never really tried, just heard stories)

PEACE

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
haha buffachino you made me laugh out loud.... lol

Creatus man i gotta tell you i just got a crazy deshavu from that statement for some reason... but man wouldnt that be great! ide be able to work so much faster with out all of these physical slow downs...

I use windows xp, ive tried vista... hated it, ill switch once they work out all the bugs and everything is compatable.

Somethimes i use linux but only while doing little hacking scrimages. The open source part in my opinion is irelevent to psychonauts unless their a programmer, ya know?

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I also using windows xp, since linux is to fucked up. A lot op program's that i want to use, are not yet finished! Just as said above, only when i do some programming stuff, then sometimes i`am willing to use linux, but right now, i don't have it installed. And on this moment i`m not planning to use it again.

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
ya for now i wouldnt bother with it as my main OS, but its great to play around with if youve got a boot disk.

Horrigan

Banni
Inscrit
26 Mai 2007
I use Mac OS X :)
It's a quite psychedelic OS, perfect for me. I always loved it.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Vista because Second Life has a piss poor framerate in Ubuntu Linux which I prefer as an OS.

Vista sucks but hey, it's MS.

twicon

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Mai 2007
buffachino a dit:
I’m running Windows DMT. Nothing runs faster.
I have machine elf tech support and everything!

Peace.
I bet you got a fancy LSD screen for ur pc too.. hehe :lol:
i run on xp pro

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I'm using XP, but I'm using MacOSX at work and I really like it, too.
I think a Mac would be the best choice for a lot of people who always complain about their computers. I mean I assemble my PCs myself with selected hardware, I install everything myself and therefore WinXP is good for me (and also extremely stable). But everyone who just buys a complete box and doesn't want to think about it too much should buy a Mac in my opinion (which isn't more expensive than a good windows machine, by the way!)