Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

What college majors and careers would appeal to a psychonaut

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
No chance against the Lobby.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Politics would be interesting if there was true freedom of thought and expression. Modern day politicians are just a bunch of pimps for their whores, industry.

When we let go of the archaic ideas of 18th century industry, and really get our thinking together as a species, then it may be worthwhile for intelligent, inquisitive psychonauts to consider it as an occupation.

gonzebo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mar 2009
I am currently in a Bachelor of science for psychology, with a specialization in behavioural neuroscience. it is not so much psychonautical right now, but when I am done my masters in psychology i expect to train in hypnotism as well as study sleep and dreaming, so that may be one thing you could consider.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Jakobien a dit:
It would be really helpful if some of them would go into politics...but it goes against the psychonaut's nature I guess...

What's your opinion?

Too much compromise and too many lies.

I'm fascinated by power, though.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Jakobien a dit:
It would be really helpful if some of them would go into politics...but it goes against the psychonaut's nature I guess...

What's your opinion?

Only if I could see anything else within politics than ID's without body sensory.

Forkbender a dit:
I'm fascinated by power, though.

Elaborate please.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I'm fascinated by how power divides people, how it forces them together and how it structures their lives. I'm fascinated by techniques and rituals people use to gain power for themselves. I see friends of mine playing power games between themselves and towards other external parties, I see how it influences their behaviour and how they handle power. Some of them are really bad at it and just manipulate people, others can really help friends towards gaining a broader perspective. It is one of the concepts that can be applied to (I think) all behaviour, even to meditation, which can be considered as an attempt to empower the soul/self. I like to observe how power and truth interact, how power can be misused to distort it and how it can be used to strengthen it.

overman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
1 Avr 2009
Philosophy and Religion major here, it's been pretty fascinating for me. I would recommend following your instincts and learning about whatever it is that piques your interest. Jobs and money will come, since you can make a career out of just about anything. You have to love what you're learning/doing though, otherwise sometime down the road you'll start to view school/work as a chore, and that to me is most unfortunate.