Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

War on Drugs/Prohibition report

Danielise

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Juin 2010
I'm doing a research paper on Prohibition/The War on Drugs. I have several sources such as Erowid, Horizons Psychedelic Conference videos, The Union documentary, and some other websites. Just curious as to if anyone has other website links regarding the war on drugs.

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
A side of the war on drugs that doesn't get much coverage is the cost of the war.

You should do some research, through government statistics agencies, on how many people are in prison for minor drugs offences. You could then ascertain how much it costs to house 1 prisoner per day and I'm sure you'll find that a disgusting amount of money is being spent "punishing" people for smoking a plant.

If you could dove tail your paper into the policies and powers of groups like the Therapuetic Goods Administration (this is the Australian government body that dictates which substances are made illegal) and how they are beholden to the pharmaceutical companies which leads them to ban herbs that may compete with the synthetic drugs pushed by the giant companies. In Australia we have more prohibited substances than any other country. Hugely beneficial herbs such as coltsfoot have been banned in Australia because they are effective in treating common colds and other conditions - you can't get "high" on this herb and yet for some reason it is illegal.

The war on drugs is far more wide reaching than most realise and ultimately it slows developments in medicine because traditional herbs are denied us both for medicinal and research purposes.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
what are you, a hippie highschool kid?

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
better think about what you "are", IJC.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
itsscience wrote: "you can't get "high" on this herb and yet for some reason it is illegal"

wanna know what that mysterious 'some reason' is?

Read the Elkhorn Manifesto.

We have been STEERED to industry. It didnt happen by accident.

The industrial revolution created a new paradigm in our human culture, and for the implementation of 'the plan' to work, people must be separated from nature. They must be made to see nature as an untamable beast that is to be feared,and whipped into submission with machines, not worked with. This is the basic premise that the industrial revolution was built on, no other.

The farmer was relegated to 3rd class status while guys that made machines were elevated to demi-god status, the guys that produced the oil, well, they were the gods of the gods.......still are

I don't know why you all act like this is such a big unsolvable mystery. It's not.

"you cant get high off it, yet its still illegal" For some reason"

Take the next step in your thinking, neo. The HIGH isn't what they are against, they are against the idea that you can live without their industrial culture

they don't want you making the connection that YOU DONT NEED THEM they need YOU.

They NEED YOU to believe they are necessary, because your BELIEF is what makes their need into OUR reality. It's a lot like religion.

You'll never, ever see the truth as long as you project benign qualities onto them. Quit doing that.
(giving them the benefit of the doubt is doing exactly that and its what they prey upon. It is a pre-condition to your blindness, in that they cannot do it unless you agree to not be suspicious of them.)

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

Thomas Jefferson 1816

another one-"You are a den of vipers! I intend to rout you out, and by the Eternal God I will rout you out. If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking system, there would be a revolution before morning."

Andrew Jackson ~1830

and....

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."

President Woodrow Wilson 1916

They KNEW this was going to happen.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Danielese- I have an astounding link, please, please read it and share it with your friends.

http://www.worldaudit.org/The%20Elkhorn ... 0Davis.htm

It's the basic foundation the war on drugs was built on, called- 'industry'.

The hypocrisy of a country that has a 'war on drugs', but also has a company named Pfizer -note-THEY MAKE DRUGS as a #40 on the Fortune 500 top profit corporations of 2010 is IMMENSE, but this seems lost on a lot of people.

It's not a war on drugs it's a war on perception.

YOU are the battlefield.

Read the Elkhorn Manifesto. You'll thank me.

Danielise

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Juin 2010
Thank you all so much for the replies. I definitely look into all of them, especially the Elkhorn Manifesto.
@IJC: Yes.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
you can't get "high" on this herb and yet for some reason it is illegal.

spice i think you either misread this post or 'for some reason' is an expression only used in australia
'for some reason' has suspicious undertones
he said what you said without using so many words

yet im down for the cause and with everything you posted spicey

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
BananaPancake a dit:
better think about what you "are", IJC.

I was being sarcastic but thanks for that :D

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
Spice, sometimes it's a far more effective tool to get your point across to allow others to connect the dots, particularly in instances such as this where even a blind man could connect the dots.

I believe the people on these forums have enough intelligence to be able to understand what I'm getting at (e.g. Crimzen) without having to spell it all out for them in posts that are overly verbose.

IJC, yes I am a hippy high school kid and I like to dress in drag on the weekends - At least I wasn't nailed to a plank :finga:

Danielise

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Juin 2010
Report is complete. Thanks for all of your inputs!

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
itsscience a dit:
Spice, sometimes it's a far more effective tool to get your point across to allow others to connect the dots, particularly in instances such as this where even a blind man could connect the dots.

I believe the people on these forums have enough intelligence to be able to understand what I'm getting at (e.g. Crimzen) without having to spell it all out for them in posts that are overly verbose.

IJC, yes I am a hippy high school kid and I like to dress in drag on the weekends - At least I wasn't nailed to a plank :finga:

I've encountered plenty of clueless people on this board, and it wasn't that long ago.

In the future, I recommend that ALL OF YOU who think I am 'overly verbose' to ignore my posts BECAUSE I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU ANYWAY.

You can lead a horse to water.

It's all good.

There will be archives :idea:

You can think about it later

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Sweeet spiderman.

I don't know, I can get wordy myself, and I think its just to make sure the right point is made. You can make short quick statements, but with no context interpretations can still go awry.

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
Ok.

The herb has been made illegal because the pharmaceutical companies lobby the TGA to ban it because it will compete with (and most likely make obsolete) the cold and flu drugs that they manufacture and make a crap load of money out of. Representative government is only representative of those organisations that have the money to donate to their campaigns.

Money talks everything else (including bullshit) walks.

Clear enough?