Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Video (with subtitles) about ban on shrooms

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
As most of you know by now, magic mushrooms have been made illegal in the Netherlands from the first of December. On November 25 I was interviewed for a Dutch TV program about the upcoming ban, and was asked to give a demonstration, i.e. eat some fresh shrooms. If you know Amsterdam: I took the TV crew to smartshop Conscious Dreams Kokopelli on the Warmoestraat.

The result can be seen in this video, which now has English, German or French subtitles (some parts are missing, I might do them later, it's a lot of work):

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=-7574546645578164924

Ivar

Sunny

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Déc 2008
Thx so much, but I expect impatiently the others subtitles ;)

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
This is the thing people. No body, or groups of nobodies, has the right to tell another adult what they can and cannot ingest into their body!

These so-called authorities are connected with a very corrupt 'war on drugs', war on SOME drugs, because they have no qualms covertly drug smuggling to get money to fuel their evil wars and whatnot. Nor push liquer on young people, nor drug younger and younger children in the schools with toxic drugs. Nor back war crimes and fals flag operations where people are mutilated, disabled, killed.
Where they back the war against nature.

No these people are part of the ever creeping drug of evil and have no right whatssoever to forbid human right of ecstasy and spiritual fulfillment. In fact that is a crime against humanist and nature!

Jelleb

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Déc 2008
the problem is the government doesn't know shit about these so called 'drugs'.
nice video

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
that's a great video, i wouldnt have the balls to eat shrooms in front of a camera crew! (and Hawaians!! :twisted: )

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Yes, I was surprised about their strength. Not so much during the video shoot, but afterwards... :shock:

I just noticed the subtitles disappeared halfway my description of the trip. It's fixed now.

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
Yes, I was surprised about their strength. Not so much during the video shoot, but afterwards... :shock:

I just noticed the subtitles disappeared halfway my description of the trip. It's fixed now.

So that is you in the video??

you are very beautiful mushroom god 8)

MelloTrip

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
1g of hawaians on TV, this takes balls. :p

Interesting video CM, thanks.

Edit : The description should be corrected.

On December 25, six days before the mushrooms were banned, Ivar Verploegh eats a box of Psilocybe cubensis mushrooms...

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
the evangelical dude seems like a nice guy, although clearly deluded. nice how you kept your cool CM! :thumbsup:

zezt a dit:
you are very beautiful mushroom god 8)

hahaha LOL! i actually laughed out loud when i read that!!! :)

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I corrected the description, thanks Mello.

And thanks for the compliment... :lol: I prefer the epithat of "mushroom boy" though.

[see image below]

1g of hawaians on TV
It was ten grams fresh.

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
I corrected the description, thanks Mello.

And thanks for the compliment... :lol: I prefer the epithat of "mushroom boy" though.

962669998_l.jpg

Caduceus, one year old, 1976

1g of hawaians on TV
It was ten grams fresh.

funnily i was going to say boy. but as you know shrooms were thought as gods, and those who eat them became possessed of the god....of nature

thats what i meant

And thats one of the cutest pics i have seen. And fits my description hehe too

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Sunny a dit:
Thx so much, but I expect impatiently the others subtitles ;)
OK, I did a bunch of them. Most of what the smartshop-owner said, all of what August de Loor said, and commentary by the journalist.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
1. great video. Nice that it was in the news, I like the (news)article.
2. was there a VOTE involved in the ban?
3. Ivar, where did you trip? I think I misunderstood it as I understood that you tripped in the smartshop...

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
2. A majority of Christian politicians was voted into parliament a couple of years ago.

3. At Conscious Dreams Kokopelli, on the Warmoesstraat, near Amsterdam Central Station, close to The Grasshopper and Baba. They have a lounge area in the back of the shop.

I also uploaded the video to YouTube, and got it posted on DoseNation.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
2. Mhm then it is quite difficult. I mean if it is the official politics of Christian politicians to go against drugs AND they were voted into parliament, one can say that the ban was the voice of the population?
3. Wow, that's great.

JohnDoe_2012

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Juil 2008
I've got to say this mushroom ban along with some coffee shops apparently being closed is very disappointing. I've always thought of Amsterdam and Holland as one of the few safehavens of freedom in the world, feels like I'm entering Burrough's Interzone as I arrive and see all the coffee shops and prostitutes at windows etc. I'm not even interested in partaking of the latter but I like the idea there is somewhere it can take place for those who are where it is out in the open and there are laws in place to protect people.

With these laws coming in now I find myself wondering if stricter control might not be coming further down the line. It's certainly disturbing news to hear. I'd also always assumed Dutch people had pride in the fact these things were allowed for people who wanted to be involved with them. The way that guy opposed to mushrooms was talking was really sickening, like it gave him joy and pride inside to think he had stopped someone in any way from accessing evil drugs.

I think sometimes we go too out of our way to try and imagine reasonable positions for our opponents. That guy and people like him aren't just misinformed or without access to different perspectives. They aren't stupid or uneducated on the matter, they are willfully ignorant. They don't want to know any other way of thinking or living other than their own and if they can stop other people doing things they don't personally want to they somehow think that is a good thing. It's like if someone only liked rock music but they meet someone who likes jazz, a style they hate. The simple answer would be to just listen to the music they like and let the other guy do as he wants. Instead they try to have jazz banned and force that guy to listen to rock.

What kind of a world is that to live in?

McAllister

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Juil 2008
Caduceus you seem like someone I would really like to meet when I go on my annual Easter pilgrimmage to Amsterdam.

Do you know if the magic truffles/philosopher's stones are still legal and available?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Do you know if the magic truffles/philosopher's stones are still legal and available?
No, all of them are illegal. And if a hallucinogenic mushroom product would still be legal, they'll just adjust the law again.

G

Invité
I wonder, were one allowed to stay in the lounge during the whole trip?
If so, I've really missed out on something it sees:(