Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Trip-scenes in movies.

sandman_130

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Déc 2005
"The nine lives of Fritz the Cat"
:smoke:
about 10 or 20 minutes in, after he smokes a catnip joint, he floats in the air and the background changes and goes crazy for about 5 minutes.

I believe they were showing what its like to have a peak experience on any psychedelic.

Good movie too trip too as well. Some of its pretty crazy and out of hand though.

2001 a space odyessy by Stanley Kubrick is the best trip movie though, but doesnt really show you a persons trip, but just makes yours very interesting. :shock:

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I once tried to watch a Wong Kar Wai movie on shrooms (I think it was Chungking Express, however I had to stop watching after a while ) and I thought the whole camera work in the beginning was very much some kind of "LSD view".
However I watched the whole movie again sober and it wasn't that cool anymore.

Almost all of "Naked Lunch" by David Cronenberg is a big trip scene - in every scene everything seems pretty normal at first and then BANG! suddenly the typewriter becomes an alien agent who ejaculates some kind of psychedelic drugs from his head, and so on...
The movie is losely based on the life of William Burroughs, a beat poet and writer, writing his book named "Naked Lunch" after he had tried to recover from a heroine addiction by the means of a spiritual ayahuasca cure in the amazon jungle (nothing about the ayahuasca in the movie though, only imaginary drugs, but it's veeeery weird and perfect to watch when you're coming down from a good trip)

There's also a nice tripping scene in the Simpsons Season 8 Ep. 9 "El Viaje Misterioso De Nuestro Homer (a.k.a. The Mysterious Voyage Of Our Homer)" when Homer eats the Chili of Chief Wiggum at an Hot Chili eating contest. He starts tripping really hard, wanders out in the desert and meets his spirit animal. LOL - pretty good!

But of course nothing beats the two trip scenes in "Fear and Loathing" - one where the plants on the carpet start crawling up the guy's legs and the other where the planes from the tv docu start to be projected on the walls and the photographer guy becomes a vietnam soldier :)

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
My trips are more like alex grey paintings that are moving around. See alexgrey.com.

The only movie that comes close (although it's definitely a rather different style of visuals, more "techy") must be Blueberry.

Finally there's a video clip by autechre, Gantz Graf, that is just AMAZING.

patilan420

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
Bluberry,
but it's more like Ayahuasca trip, not lso much like mushroom
On mushroom usualy it's posible to walk and talk,

Xochipilli

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Jan 2006
patilan420 a dit:
Bluberry,

Blueberry is a full dosed Mescalin Trip! :wink: You can see some cacti in a scene in the cave...

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Yeah, it's mescaline. There's a bunch of peyote cactusses in the movie and some san pedro's as well. I just named it to explain the kind of visuals I have on shrooms. Combine Alex Grey paintings with blueberry: that's it.

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
well that one about fritz the cat is cool :)
also the scene from the simpsons which I find looks nothingl ike it but its funny nevertheless :p
and there is also this artist I forgot his name but he is very famous
he makes his own music and videoclips and its not like music u put on without the clips cause its psychadelic music i`m sure some people here know it
but anyways the clips have like these deformed people in it screaming or doing whatever
also theres just aaah I can't explain it lol
a know scene is when this beasts emerges from something and screams very loud in an oldwomens face and the music and graphics are soo insane
it will probably give u a major bad trip cause this is really really heavy shit
i`ll ask my friend soon what the name of this guy is :)

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
ProStoner a dit:
a know scene is when this beasts emerges from something and screams very loud in an oldwomens face and the music and graphics are soo insaneit will probably give u a major bad trip cause this is really really heavy shit
i`ll ask my friend soon what the name of this guy is :)

That sounds a lot like the music video of Aphex Twin's "Come To Daddy", directed by Chris Cunningham.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_to_Daddy

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
viaticus you are right thats it but its not just the clip
I watched the whole dvd they have
I watched that on my last shroom trip :p
it was mindblowing hehe anyways those guys are geniouses

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
There's a DVD from the Warp label with all Aphex Twin videos, plus the Autechre clip I already mentioned earlier in this thread and a lot of other ones as well. It's pretty good. I reckon that's the DVD you watched, ProStoner.

skrudge

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005

Xochipilli

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Jan 2006
I´ve found an whole Film about an Trip :lol:
It´s an old Film from 1967 with peter fonda and dennis hopper, funny to see...

32m.jpg

look here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062395/

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
skrudge a dit:
don't know if you mean this one, but there's a dvd from the directors label, with all the work of this man, the two Aphex vids, and a few others, from Bjork to Leftfield, with afrika bumbaataa, really dig that one with the voodoo stuff :D

http://www.palmpictures.com/videos/thedirectorslabelvol2theworkofdirectorchriscunningham.html

No, not this one. It's from the record label Warp & it's called Warp Vision. There are more than two Aphex Twin videos on this one (On, Window Licker, Come to Daddy and maybe more, but I don't remember). The one from cunningham is interesting as well, though...

Panoramix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
12 Jan 2006
Hello !

As far as I'm concerned, the best trip scene in a movie is definitely the one from Roger Corman's movie called "the Trip"... :lol: :lol:
It's a 1966 (or 67) old movie about a guy (Peter Fonda) taking his first LSD blotter.
He takes it after 10 minutes of film, and all the rest of the movie is only based on his visions.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
@shroomlady:
That's Alex Grey. I have things like that on shrooms....

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
well i`m a 100% sure it was the DVD of aphex twin
I think I saw about 7 soundclips they are not all with real people in it
there also this flash kinda movie but I can't tell if they are all from aphex twin
but I am sure thats the 1 dvd :)

patilan420

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
Xochipilli a dit:
patilan420 a dit:
Bluberry,

Blueberry is a full dosed Mescalin Trip! :wink: You can see some cacti in a scene in the cave...
Yes, I've seen the cacti in the moovie, and I've tryied cacti(about 2 hands full of dryied Trichocereus), but not from the desert and maybe that's why it had effects not so powerfull like averige mushroom tripp and much weaker than Ayahuasca.
Maybe full dose meskalin will take me to the state of deep transcedental tripp weaved of golden lights, shown in the movie, I'd try it if I had the opportunity, just like I tyied Ayahuasca when I had the chance...
It's the most powerfull entheogenick expirience I ever had, so that's why I compare everything with it.
It's a little bit funny maybe, most of you have much more expiriences to compare
more trippy movies/ clips
try to download this from torrent
shamans of the amazon - ayahuasca dmt mckenna - 2002
http://www.mininova.org/tor/147196

its a documentary about the ayahuaskero-shamans and DMT containig brews and it's legal satatus and religious use

also try to find the movie
"Liqid Crystal Vision" it's a documentary about the psychedelick trance music
and it's full of trippy-like visions(Alex Grey is also shown fr a while and some of his paintings),
and also take a look at this:
http://webzone.k3.mah.se/kit01051/flashback.html
it's a short psichedelick clip with music made by by Shpongle("D.M.T.")
it takes few minutes to download and maybe stops in the middle, but it's realy amazing