Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Trichocereus Bridgesii, how much?

merretstone

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Oct 2006
Does anybody know the alkaloid content percentage of milligrams per gram of Trichocereus Bridgesii? I'm getting some dried tissue in the mail and I'll be goddamned if I can't find anything on it.

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
A threshold dose of mescaline is about 150mg. Average 300mg. That being said....

All cacti vary greatly in alkaloid content due to several factors including age, climate, soil it was grown in, amount of light and water it receives and how it is grown. Since you're getting powder, you don't know any of these.

( why are you getting bridgesii anyway? A good friend of mine is selling kilos of dried peruvian torch on ebay right now for $95 and it's good quality. www.mindzeyecreationz.com )

Anyway as for a suitable dose of mesc.

300mg can be found in 27 grams of avg. dried peyote; 37g of avg dried torch; 80-100 grams dried pedro. I couldn't find anything concrete on bridgesii but I do own a few and have eaten a pound and a half fresh as an experiment and got no effect what-so-ever.

I would assume that your bridgesii is only half as potent as average pedro so you're looking at eating 200g dried. That's hard to do but not impossible. I ate 150g dried torch this past weekend. Nasty, vile stuff. You might want to go out and buy a bunch of empty gel caps.

merretstone

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Oct 2006
I was of the understanding that Bridgesii was actually as potent if not more potent than peruvian torch. It is featured widely as a "peyote substitue", marking its potency of mescaline. Also, as I mentioned earlier, the product I'm receiving is DRIED TISSUE, constituting the source of mescaline and like-alkaloids in Bredgesii. Does anybody know what I'm dealing with here?!?

al-k-mist

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
14 Août 2011
Cacti vary greatly in alkaloid content, obviously. The bridgesii a friend has are extremely potent, more so than the pachanoi or peruvianus he has tried.
An individual on another forum is performing an experiment with fresh cacti, chopped and dried and ground. 39g of each of the three species was extracted using NaOH and H2SO4. While he hasnt(to my knowledge) finished, the first two evaporations of acidic water(0.1% H2SO4) indicate that the order of alkaloid content would bee(with his particular cacti) bridgesii,pachanoi, peruvianus
HOWEVER, as mr cactus said, bridgesii has MAOI's, a cactus-huasca. While mescaline accounts for half of the alkaloid content, the other alkaloids boost the effects.
Peruvianus has mescaline as its sole active alkaloid. So while the overall yeild may have been less, he is confident that the mescaline content is higher.
Does anyone have any experience using cold dry MEK to wash mescaline sulfate crystals?

But back to the OP's question: You could probably use 40g if it is the green dermis layer and the slightly lighter green, as this is where the highest alkaloid concentrations are. You could also extract it using various teks available online, so as to have a point of reference in the future for THAT suppliers product...remember that half of alkaloid content is mescaline but the other alkaloids enhance the experience. Use that information how you will, but Achuma is the most powerful cacti ally, IMHO