Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

The Taste of the Color Blue

swolleneyeball

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
24 Nov 2009
What is the taste of the color blue? Or pink or black what have you.
I recently spent time pondering this question And would like to know what other have to think about it

My description of the color purple:
It tastes like someone idlely running their fingers along a harp

My Buddys description of vivid orange:
Its like a mix of sweet salsa and sliding down a water slide

Just wondering.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Blue tastes like snow.

Red tastes like life.

Green tastes like the innocent.

Black tastes like rot.

Purple? Purple tastes like my drawing.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
I've never had synesthesia so i dont know

but theres this girl i know who 'saw' jimmy hendrix music this one time

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
experimental noise music is like fizzy pop rocks in my mouth :)

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
^All of the above :) I remember reading the manifesto during my undergrad and really enjoying it. I like edIT, listened to that album quite a few times. He feels like the successor to slice and dice glitchy music I used to listen to a lot 10 years ago like Delarosa And Asora.. bands that were really active in the late 90s then sort of disappeared or moved on.

I like noise music without regular beats as well, like Merzbow.. Just something about the way my perception of time changes when freed from rhythm. Francisco Lopez is another one, when you go to his shows he gives out a blindfold to every member of the audience. The sensory deprivation is a cool idea, people who otherwise never usually have an opportunity to really actively listen to music have 30-40 minutes to do just that.

If you like some glitch have you heard Coil - Love's Secret Domain? Influential early 90's album with a crossover between the experimental aspects of early industrial and glitch and electro, all dedicated to Hofmann's specialty as the musicians were (are) real psychonauts too.. :)

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
Awesome
yeah delarosa and asora certainly sound very similar to edit (or edit sounds like them i should say)

that blindfol idea for sensory deprivation sounds like an excellent idea to really get the whole crowd to fully experience the music itself
I watched a couple vids on youtube of coils's. not my cup of tea really but i can see that they were psychonauts from their lyrics AND the clips were pretty tripped out too

i wana write more but sum1 just came around to smoke sum cones

do you know any other artists similar to delarosa and asora?

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
not really, they were on a label called schematic (schematic.net) i believe, lots of tripped out music on that label but nothing quite like them. i tend to think of them as more of a mix of glitch and trip hop, especially their first short album. phoenecia on that label might be the most similar but even that is kind of a different flavor. you might try matmos as well.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
When I'm on psychedelic drugs I can see colors and hear sounds. It's really amazing.
But still I'm wondering what does the color blue look like? Does it look like a metallic sound, or more like an electric firefly dancing on my tongue? :mrgreen:

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
tryptonaut a dit:
When I'm on psychedelic drugs I can see colors and hear sounds. It's really amazing.

Indeed, pretty amazing that you need psychedelics for that ;)

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
why do you rip the idea out of context?? psychadelics can be negative, but as they are tools it'd probably obvious that the tools themselves are not negative, so why you want to imply your own negative attitude on others'?? sorry it's no offense just observation...

on topic i think the color blue tastes like fresh water flowing in a mountain stream on a summer day with some clouds in the sky and like a wind carrying scents of water-beings who balance themselves with the air surrounding them.

peace :weedman:

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
BrainEater a dit:
why do you rip the idea out of context?? psychadelics can be negative, but as they are tools it'd probably obvious that the tools themselves are not negative, so why you want to imply your own negative attitude on others'?? sorry it's no offense just observation...

What? Is this adressed to me? I don't understand what you mean with all your negativity, it was just a joke oO

Didn't you notice he made a mistake?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
sorry as you already noticed i am too negative thats why i didn't get the joke and i didn't notice he made a mistake....

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Hehehehehehe peace :D

On topic, I haven't tasted colors yet, or at least I didn't notice. I really experienced synesthesia for the first time two days ago, I took 4g of shrooms that had been dipped in LSD. It was strange... But my biggest trip ever, I tripped for 10 hours. The peak lasted 4-5 hours, then I slowly came down. I wish I could have some pure LSD...

BTW, lemon juice does make a difference, this time I just ate the mushrooms and it came up much slower than when I used lemon juice.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
st.bot and crimzen have you heard tim hecker? or christian fennesz? i'm currently in love with noise ambient. i really really really like hecker's mirages. i think there's no other music that gets to me quite like sweet glitchy ambient does, in all its different flavors.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
today i looked twice outside of the window and drank lots of chocolate milk. mmmmm