Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

The matrix on acid

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Generally I don't watch movies while tripping but I liked seeing the first matrix on acid, it definitely spoke to me at the time (I have no use for the sequels). 2001 was almost too intense--purely because of Kubrick's style--the cuts are lengthy, the shots are frequently devoid of motion other than maybe a tiny figure in the centre of the screen moving about..

Speaking of alice in wonderland, the yan svankmajer version.. :D

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I wouldn't recommend anyone to watch The Wall on acid. It's not a very psychedelic movie, it's mainly Roger Water's sad biography with some trippy elements mixed in. Watch it when you're stoned.

Same for Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, watch it when you're sober, stoned or drunk. And don't let it inspire you to imitate Raoul Duke.

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
I wouldn't recommend anyone to watch The Wall on acid. It's not a very psychedelic movie, it's mainly Roger Water's sad biography with some trippy elements mixed in. Watch it when you're stoned.
Way to think inside the box. Not to mention the film far surpasses a typical one to watch "stoned". Your eyes truly open up to it on other psychedelics.
The film obviously like few others seems to urge drug use to experience it. But it isn't at all necessary, unless you strive to go deeper.

www.thewallanalysis.com is a great effort to show all the symbolism that paints the films frame.

MelloTrip

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I never watched a movie when tripping, but this is for sure something I want to try someday.

The Holy Moutain and El Topo by Jodorowsky have to be crazy on acid !

Hermit

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
14 Mar 2009
when i took acid a few weeks ago, the song 8 07 by Global Communication induced hallucinations of billions of symbols/characters/numbers/alien alphabets flowing up the walls, reminded me of the matrix code a lot.

it has a really good concept i think...probably seen it too many times now though, also i apologise for bringing this up but the sequels...come on...what the hell were they all about..

never actually watched a film properly while tripping, tried to watch 2001 while coming down from LSA once but the dvd crashed at 1:11 :roll:

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
MelloTrip a dit:
The Holy Moutain and El Topo by Jodorowsky have to be crazy on acid !

You don't need acid to appreciate this movies. But maybe it helps to appreciate it even more.
the director (who is also actor) did a lot of acid himself.

When it comes to psychedelic cinema Jodorowsky is one of the best.

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
I kept wanting to change the colour, thinking my monitor was whack

that reminds me of something :lol:
I was at my friends house and we were tripping on acid
he went away to the toilet and when he came back he asked me what I had done to the tv (hadn't done anything) and he thought it was messed up (it wasn't).
He started getting into like 10 submenu's (wanted to change something, i don't think he knew what) when I was like no dude what are you doing it's fine do you even know what you're doing.
Hehe I know it sounds lame like this but we still bring it up and laugh.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
RushNerd a dit:
Way to think inside the box. Not to mention the film far surpasses a typical one to watch "stoned". Your eyes truly open up to it on other psychedelics.
I bought this film 18 years ago, and I did acid about once every month in that period. I know all Pink Floyd albums, and have seen documentaries about The Wall. And I say it's not a film to watch when you're tripping on LSD or any other psychedelic substance.

The film obviously like few others seems to urge drug use to experience it.
Where does the film do that? And to experience what? With what drugs, and with what set & setting? And why, if you are already tripping on acid, would you need to be urged to use drugs?

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
i avoid movies and tell-lie-vision when im tripping simply because i like to experience real life alot more
BUT that said i have watched the gods must be crazy 1 and 2 whilst tripping, it was so benevolent of a movie haha
i've also seen a bruce lee movie whilst on acid

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
st.bot.32 a dit:

Forget Yan Svankmajer
2010: Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland!!!!

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
LsDxMdma a dit:
want a mind Fck, watch Requiem for a Dream while trippin..

bad choice.
this movie is very sad, until the end where it goes way over the top and it get's funny.

ochho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mar 2009
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
st.bot.32 a dit:

Forget Yan Svankmajer
2010: Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland!!!![/quote:1tpd159r]

I'm looking forward to this! Tim Burton is crazy :D

@magickmumu: And I wouldn't say Requiem for a Dream is sad, it's just intense in depicting abuse and addiction. I wouldn't watch it with anything stronger than a joint..or you might end up in a real badtrip lol.

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
magickmumu a dit:
LsDxMdma a dit:
want a mind Fck, watch Requiem for a Dream while trippin..

bad choice.
this movie is very sad, until the end where it goes way over the top and it get's funny.
I agree actually, the sheer fact that the movie is about drugs and the dark side of it doesn't really warrant it to be an actual movie to watch while doing it. I felt kind depressed for a while after watching it, I would have certainly felt a lot worse if I had been using something. But I agree it's just too much at the end, I mean c'mon.

6280854763231621.JPG

On a related note, I watched David Cronenberg's eXistenZ yesterday. That movie is your proverbial "mind fuck" in the truest sense, W or W/O substances. The whole concept of an organic alternate reality is just staggering. The film itself is an analogue for a drug trip in which the real world becomes indiscernible from the projected one. I highly suggest this one.
existenz.jpg

PsyKeDeLiK'MaN

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
Recently, I watched Matrix on acid and I liked, moreover, a new idea was born (not a fabulous I guess) : and if Neo was on acid and the Matrix does'nt exist ?

In fact, at the beginning of the movie, when Neo wakes up and sees the messages on his screen, we could imagine that he took a blotter and he fell asleep, and during his sleep, either he hallucinated, either he dreamt (the story). I like this idea even if it's not very realistic, I know.

But, I don't forget the idea of ExistenZ, I like this movie, why not on lsd ?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Well, in the second or third Matrix movie Neo takes down some sentinels "in real life", which indicates that either Neo had obtained supernatural powers, or the whole Zion thing was simply part of another virtual reality.

Tunnelvision

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
28 Août 2008
[quote="PsyKeDeLiK']Recently, I watched Matrix on acid and I liked, moreover, a new idea was born (not a fabulous I guess) : and if Neo was on acid and the Matrix does'nt exist ?

quote]not really fabulous no[/quote]

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
the drug reference in the movie if anything... is him taking a pill. then seeing reality bend (even the audio distortions were sort of like what you might hear on acid, granular distortions) and then coming to a new understanding about reality

i mean, this movie was popular with the 90's acid crowd for a reason :lol:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
The scene immediately following his swallowing of the pill, especially when the view goes into his throat, very much reminded me of falling through the fun tunnel of DMT. And probably not on purpose, but very much in line with Stan Grof's reasoning: Neo's first visions are those of a "womb", and being violently expelled from that womb.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Actually, mescaline is mentioned.

Once NEO looks up in the mirror he sees himself double-sided for the first time, his false ego dissolves and his actual self remains in the mirror. Wondering who did but it's only his self that bends...

Once he touches the mirror with his finger...

mirror1.gif

See the upper top of the pyramid house in the mirror? It symbolizes divinity and while he senses the top, all that happens is him going back to his very pure self, becoming completely transparant.

In his cocoon he gets a shot of all the energy sucking plugs that have been attached to his physique since his birth. Just a full break-through experience, which reminds a lot of DMT due to the rapid onset. However, every psychedelic corresponds.

As Morpheus said about dying: "The body can't live without the mind". The mind is always present, but physically one merely exists outside the matrix.

Now that's the point of mescaline, as well as the green electricity. If you consume lots of cactus you'll feel what physical presence is, and it's much more a dream than acid. I actually consider LSD as quite bordered when it comes to the deep inner perspective and awareness of being in your body.

People have lost physical susceptibility completely, and are now desperately crawling in a world to satisfy their minds, in vain. That's the whole, as NEO walks outside the cellphone, he's aware of his sensations from tone to head. Now he exists. The mind is just the operator.