Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

The Fear!

Cannafarmer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
13 Sept 2008
Hello world ! Sorry for my bad English, but here goes:

In this last year I have been expanding my view on life. I have found the holyness of duality and I am a much better person for seeing the bigger deal at one glorious night. Which I'll never forget... Even till this day I am still thankful to the Force that showed me a meaning of life that specific night.
It is just beyond any words I could think of!

However, this enlightenment came with much struggle and distrubence. I was really really reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy desoriantated and felt pretty bad and sick.
About any time I take mushies I get this ackward feeling which I'd rather skip.
After a while all goes well of course and I feel in harmony with all that is. But isn't there a way to avoid the ackward feeling before I peak?

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Nervousness before the peak is a very common effect with psychedelics. There are a lot of ways for dealing with this. Meditation, reading, watching cartoons (watch out for being stuck in television while peaking :lol: ), cleaning your room or doing the dishes, taking a shower....

I prefer a short walk, with some cannabis depending on the substance and dosage.

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
I usually treat any anxiety feelings like: "Hey, this is my body telling me that what I'm doing is special, and that it's exciting". This and trying to experience what it is I am anxious of usually "distracts" me long enough 'till I'm peaking. And worrying isn't really a problem anymore then.

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
Take in those awkward feelings and observe them, you will find your own meaning for them.

My cousin says it is because you have just "poisoned" yourself with these chemicals and that is your brains natural reaction, to keep you from eating this mushroom ever again. That would be the biological reasoning behind Psilocybin in mushrooms, a simple poisonous deterrent, something we're not supposed to like :wink:

I think it is just the hill you gotta climb to reach the summit. No pain, no game :roll:

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
No, it is the ego, knowing that its stranglehold on the organism is about to be broken for a while.......the ego is similar to an authoritarian person in many ways, telling you how much trouble you'll be in without their guidance, fear-mongering, trying to use any and all tactics to keep things exactly as they presently are.....

Don't try to distract yourself. By distracting yourself with external stimuli, you DEFEAT THE ENTIRE purpose of the experience, which is to escape from the distraction. Don't let your ego make you escape the escape. :rolleyes:

Embrace the feelings, BE the dread. Be the fear. This way you can also be the rapture when it comes.....the most important part about a psychedelic trip is that you LET GO.....LET GO......LET GO

Only then can you 'be here now' :ninja:

MelloTrip

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Spice is right.

This is why it helps a lot to have a sitter and a good set & setting. When you know that somebody is watching over you and that you are in a safe place, letting go is obviously much easier.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
My cousin says it is because you have just "poisoned" yourself with these chemicals and that is your brains natural reaction, to keep you from eating this mushroom ever again. That would be the biological reasoning behind Psilocybin in mushrooms, a simple poisonous deterrent, something we're not supposed to like

Mushrooms are far from being a poison. It is your consciousness changing and your ego fighting, just as spice mentioned. It is necessary to experience this mystical experience you talk about. It is part of the entire experience. Accept is as your accept enlightenment, as it is only the human ego that judges experiences as 'good' or 'bad'. I know the feeling all too well, and it is very hard to accept, but once you are able to, true mystical experiences will arise. Truly divine.....

peace, love, light & unity!

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Set and setting.
Maybe you can change the settting. (i don't know about your setting? )
:?:

Cannafarmer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
13 Sept 2008
WOW! Thanks a lot everyone !
This truly is a suprise !

Yes my setting was and is almost at home. Where I feel most comfortable. When the peak arrives I go out to watch the stars and the local enviroment. We have lots of farmers here so there are wide open fields that place you in absolute darkness at night.

My sitter has always been my girlfriend. I always turn to her on when the moment feels right.

Anyhow, thanks a lot guys.

"Let it Go", ... this might be easier then thought. I'll keep it updated you guys, don't know if this weekend is the right time.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
That sounds like a nice setting. So you don't have a problem with the setting. It's not being out in the dark on mushrooms that gives you the fear?

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Burning Palo Santo can be nice and calming. It is often used during ayahuasca ceremonies. It has a nice smell.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Hmmm never heard of Palo Santo, thanks for suggesting it to him, as now I can order some!! Have anyone have any experience with it? Is it good smell?

peace, love, light & unity

Cannafarmer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
13 Sept 2008
magickmumu a dit:
That sounds like a nice setting. So you don't have a problem with the setting. It's not being out in the dark on mushrooms that gives you the fear?

No man :) The darkness isn't to fear. I just look with great amazement to the creation at the specific moment.

It's just the fear in the very very beginning. I get so ackward and sometimes I even think I could die.
I always get sooo cold.... But when I get to the yawning part I get bit more relaxed.
But still pretty ackward... But when I get this "what it's about-feeling" and get remembered of the beauty in it, I get off the cough with a smile till behind my ears. Then my girlfriend knows I'm alright.
But always I wonder if it will remain being beautiful after the sick part. I have read about horrifiying bad trips which makes me think and taking the cause a lot more serious.

Thanks about the tip !

I think I'm going to close my eyes next time and just lay down without thinkin any thought.
I'll just close my eyes and wait it out, I'll see where my mind takes me...
Still not sure if tonight is the night... I have been stalling it for so long now.... but still does not feel entirely right now.
But then again, to me it's never the right time... I always get this "scare" ... they have really really become pretty serious to me now...

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
A mushroom trip can always take you to darker places of your mind, you never know - but for me these darker trips always went very well in the end, mostly even better!

It's the duality that sets entheogens apart from simple drugs. A simple drug will always take you to a good place, and then leave you empty or depressed. Mushrooms give you a ride through the whole spectrum and that is why you will feel better after a trip, sometimes for weeks.

Cannafarmer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
13 Sept 2008
That is so true tryptonaut!

The trip I call my first (though after many others) still makes me feel the glory.
I am still thinking about it daily, putting it into wider perspective. It sure was a travel through my inner consciousness and my outer world.
I don't know if it was my mind, my soul or a higher intelligence... What I do know, there was a conversation going in within myself and that conversation has opened doors.
Life became a magic fairy tail. One doesn't contradict the other and so furth. I started exploring new beliefs, new interests, my old skin just faded away. And I once was a raging alcohol consumer. No more, although my kid is more responsible for quiting booze then shrooms. I must admit.

But that trip...
This truly changed me...
Although, as I said, this came with a tremendous struggle. I even thought for moments I could black out...
So so so chaostic.

But like you stated, these are by the end the best ones. That's why I call that one my first trip.
But ever since, making shroomtea isn't a monthly thing of the month anymore. It has become dead serious to me.
I still haven't had the occasion to go into my innerworld into overself. Going there will take a lot of effort out of me to maintain ... although once taken, there's no way out.
I have the flu now, so it might not be this weekend.

Cannafarmer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
13 Sept 2008
Is the force on holiday?

Cannafarmer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
13 Sept 2008
Cannafarmer a dit:
Is the force on holiday?

People, the most bizar event happened today.

I took shrooms around 3pm and didn't feel the peak at 6pm, that's why I came to post this.
I told my girlfriend, this is bizar and has never happened to me before.

There was also no ackwardness, nothing at all practicly.
But then I started smoking weed and got stoned, and started wondering off why the shrooms aren't speaking to me in their language.

Suddenly my girlfriend comes upstairs with my daughter, her ellbow was out of its socket, we had to go first aid.

Isn't this a bizar coincedence that a shroomtrip didn't start off (as it should've been for months not using them) on the day my daughter needs to go to first aid?

Could this be my shrooms have gone bad, or could this mean they were looking over me?
IS this too bizar? Whatever it is, it got me thinking.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
whatever it might be out of the infinite pool of infinite coincidences, it might be indeed a sign from a higher consciousness like a plant spirit. do you get a specific feeling or image when you tune into your thought reflections of your emotions and thoughts you were having from the bizarre events??? and if yes it might help if you know whether the feeling feels positive or negative for you.

sometimes these kind of "signs" that give you such an extraordinary feeling of synchronicity can reveal a subtle aspect of reality, of which you might have not been aware previously or not as aware as you could be.

maybe the message is like: you might want to care more for your family, but probably don't want to give up psychadelics and at the same time share great respect for the psychadelic realm and the the plants that can bring you there. so you might say the respect is maybe needed to not advance too fast and get crazy or whatnot and then not be able to care for your family. so maybe this coincidence was revealing such or similar aspects of reality showing your primal fears, because as you said it really got you to think.

i don't know what to make out of it sometimes. i had similar bizarre experiences, but i think sometimes the quality of bizarre situations can be synchronistic in a way that it simply makes you wonder... so well if it is so what we can make out of it? we don't understand the underlying reality in which we are "embedded" fully, so we just needed to accept possible signs from a higher consciousness and accept that this sign might be from this or that consciousness and then take action or not after interpreting a possible message.

i hope i'm not talking too much shit here maybe you can get something out of it!

peace :weedman:

Nina_is_alive

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Mar 2009
user_1919 a dit:
Hmmm never heard of Palo Santo, thanks for suggesting it to him, as now I can order some!! Have anyone have any experience with it? Is it good smell?

peace, love, light & unity

Palo Santo smells AMAZING. I absolutely love it. I think it's better than Nag Champa for sure, and I quite like Nag Champa. =]