Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

TED thread - Collection of TED lectures

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
TED offers a lot of great lectures. So I thought about making a collection-thread where you could make some comments about lectures you liked, that are good.

The Real Crisis? We Stopped Being Wise

IMHO a really great lecture, for me an important part of what human coexistence means.

A surprising parable of foie gras

Indeed, very surprising and insightful.

I also liked "Do schools kill creativity" but there is a thread about it already.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
restin a dit:
Space, you probably meant this one:

My Stroke of Insight

Yes, but I meant the topic on the forum ;)
Ohw well, good you posted that link, I think it's one of the best.
Very insightful

Mara a dit:
I also love the personality of this guy: Clifford Stoll
That guy is all over the place :mrgreen:

restin a dit:
I like his point of view, also in a drug-related kind of way :D
The age of prohibition has to go at some point

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I hope i`m alowed to say something without gettig slagged off again stiki ?

A little perspective .

If i had that much money it would about double my yearly income = 3600 euros . Looks like a few good talks though .

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
Oh. I overlooked and didn't think they would be so elitist. Bad luck

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
Forkbender a dit:
Seth Godin - Why tribes, not money or factories, will change the world

Seth Godin argues the Internet has ended mass marketing and revived a human social unit from the distant past: tribes. Founded on shared ideas and values, tribes give ordinary people the power to lead and make big change. He urges us to do so.
Good video. I somehow imagined it a bit different...but good idea, it is a bit similar of what we talked about recently in some politics topic.
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
Woody Norris; Sound focussing technology
Amazing technology to transfer sound to the ear without disturbing others.
Amazing indeed...I somehow always get some 1984-ish visions when I see such new technologies popping out...but that's just me :)

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
restin a dit:
Forkbender a dit:
Seth Godin - Why tribes, not money or factories, will change the world

Seth Godin argues the Internet has ended mass marketing and revived a human social unit from the distant past: tribes. Founded on shared ideas and values, tribes give ordinary people the power to lead and make big change. He urges us to do so.
Good video. I somehow imagined it a bit different...but good idea, it is a bit similar of what we talked about recently in some politics topic.

I had the exact same click. I think I'm gonna borrow his book and read a little...

Getafix

Banni
Inscrit
18 Avr 2009
restin a dit:
Thanks, very interesting.

"We live in this weird time, this kind of Age of Prohibitions, in many areas of our life we live our life constantly against the law. Ordinary people live life against the law. And that's what we're doing to our kids. They live life knowing they live it against the law. That realization is extraordinarily corrosive, extraordinarily corrupting."

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
ok, i watched them all.

gimme more!!!

LsDxMdma

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Nov 2007
you'z guyz' just introduced me to my next few days of entertainment :)

*humbly bows*

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Clay Shirky: How cellphones, Twitter, Facebook can make history

About this talk

While news from Iran streams to the world, Clay Shirky shows how Facebook, Twitter and TXTs help citizens in repressive regimes to report on real news, bypassing censors (however briefly). The end of top-down control of news is changing the nature of politics.

About Clay Shirky

Shirky, a prescient voice on the Internet’s effects, argues that emerging technologies enabling loose collaboration will change the way our society works.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Kevin Kelly on the next 5,000 days of the web

About this talk

At the 2007 EG conference, Kevin Kelly shares a fun stat: The World Wide Web, as we know it, is only 5,000 days old. Now, Kelly asks, how can we predict what's coming in the next 5,000 days?

About Kevin Kelly

Kevin Kelly has been publisher of the Whole Earth Review, exec editor at WIRED, founder of visionary nonprofits, and writer on biology and business and "cool tools." He's admired for his new perspectives on technology and its relevance to history, biology and religion.