Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

superfood - brown rice. (looong) list of health benefits

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
here it is, everything you could ever dream about knowing about brown rice, and even more beyond that :lol: . seriously though, i thought i knew a decent amount about grains but this blew me away. especially when it mentions the antioxidant content of grains; they are higher than most fruits! enjoy! :D

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tnam ... e&dbid=128

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I never really remember to look, but honestly I don't think our grocery store stocks it!!

THE FUCK IS UP WITH THAT?

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
went to the co-op. got some.

tastes like wood and takes longer to boil.

:D

Cha(s)do

Inscrit
24 Oct 2010
Borwn rice...my favorite breakfast...

I've just bought a new rice cooker with a clock, so that it's ready when I wake up!

Eated at 7h30 AM, keep me workink till 1h PM without being hungry and yelding to the temptation of modern junkfood that everyone eat around me...

I did lost weihgt till I'm breakfasting like this!

Don't know if god does exist, but if he is, it's a present of him! :rolleyes:

Cultosaurus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Sept 2011
I really enjoy eating brown rice. I refuse to eat any white rice and have for years. ** IJC . ... I wouldn't worry about how long it takes, although ophiuchus' idea is a good one, to soak it, I just put it on for about 40-45 minutes on low and it's done. I don't find it woody, and anything can be added, like soy, sweet and sour, cayene . . It makes a great stir fried rice with green veggies and egg or tofu. I find that the high fibre content is very good for digestion.

However, I have also begun eating a Sweet Black rice that I find to be even more nutritious than brown.
http://www.blackrice.com/benefits/

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
even something simple like adding a small amount of oil (coconut is amazing) or vegetable stock goes far to makes it absolutely delicious.

yeah i could never go back to white rice. i've been hearing about this black rices health benefits for a while now too. interestingly enough, it is starchy enough that when cooked, it makes excellent sticky rice for sushi, and the the taste is great in my opinion. it can be a little harder to find, but definitely worth the purchase if possible.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
salmon, soy sauce, brown rice and squash/asparagus/beans = my staple food for the past 6 months (well it used to be white rice).

I've noticed the same thing with breads - I can not even eat normal wheat bread anymore. I need the hearty oat multigrain stuff.