Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Smokable psilocybin? Not possible? Think again ;)

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
I once found this website (dutch) that was selling al kind of wine and beer making equipment. There they sold ethanol I think for adding to homemade wine or something. The prices were pretty cheap. Ethanol is actually not that expensive but since its taxed in Holland you can only buy it in large quantities for companies and schools who have to sign some papers disclaiming that it will not be used for drinkable alcohol.

G

Invité
Man bummer.... Ohw well, there is a chance a friend of mine is going to Poland, if he goes he will bring some "drinkable spirit" for about €1 per liter :D

So I'm hoping really hard he's going and otherwise he could ask someone.
Hope they can bring 5 or 10 bottles :twisted:

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I have extracted psilocybin mushrooms using a method in a book called "The psilocybin producers guide" by Adam Gottlieb (1978) . The method uses methanol . I allso tried it with ethanol where the results were better . 96% ethanol is available in chemists in the EU - IF - you can convince the chemist that you have a legitimate reason , i pay 19 - 22 euros for a liter . Methanol is cheaper and easyer to get . The result with methanol is a yellow greasy partly crystalised gunk . Both work .......BUT you get ALOT less out than you put in . Psilocybin is not a very stable chemical when it has been extracted . It does not like heat or light or air , and getting the solvent of it usualy either ivolves heating it up or leaving it for days till it evaporates wich makes extraction expensive . Smoking it is theoreticaly possible but we are realy talking about vaporisation and the heat needed to vaporise psilocybin is near to the temperature that destroys it . The original link http://deoxy.org/wiki/Mushrooms/Alkaloid_Extraction says everything .

AMEN
LOVE GOD

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
about a year ago or so I saw a picture/text extraction for psilocybin
and u could see the little crystals swirling around in the bottle
it looked very pretty :) he didnt smoke it though ..
he just did it for the fun .. and its even easier use :) and less physicalstuff

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
The one time that my chemist would not give me what i wanted was as i asked him for a liter of chloraform , he would only give me 200ml. So i made myself self employed (maybe thats not the right expression ) , = i got the papers to allow me to do buisness , ( it cost about 50 e. ) sent an order and a foto copy of it to a chemical wholesaler and he sent me what i wanted . He has asked me several times what i wanted certain things for . I always find out what legal things you can do with the chemicals i want so i am prepared in advance for his questions . I also wrote to merck , a very big chemical handler , under a false firm name and got sent their catalogs . My experience is that they wont suply things to make drugs with or legal tryptamines . They also sell all sorts of laboratory equipment , the catalog is full of things that will make an amateur chemist happy . It is expensive and often you have to buy in bulk . Ive been to hospitals and bought small things from staff when no one was looking ( used operation equipment , syrynges , small glass recepticals , kidney dishes ) . Other sources of equipment are university notice boards , students ofen sell things and big companys make chemistry and medical students cheep offers there .

Filtering is one of the harder , most frustrating , parts of extractions . Coffee filters are good but it takes a l-o-n-g time .

Try to find a brewing /wine making shop , they have fruit presses , hand and electric vacume pumps , filters , filter paper , gauzes and sieves at afordable prices . They also have synthetic sieve material wich has a very fine mesh wich can be used to sieve grass and make a sort of raw hash powder , wich you can press .

Amen

LOVE GOD

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Thanks again for good info God :)

Filtering is one of the harder , most frustrating , parts of extractions . Coffee filters are good but it takes a l-o-n-g time

A buchner funnel seems to be perfect for it.

As for smoking, basifiying supposedly makes that much easier. I still have to do the experiment myself though :)

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
from http://deoxy.org/wiki/Mushrooms/Alkaloid_Extraction

Inexpensive dust-pollen masks make excellent filters for the slurry. These are available at hardware, drug and paint stores. They are usually white or tan colored, fit over the nose and mouth and are held on to the face by a rubber band attached to the filter. Fashion the filter over the mouth of a drinking glass. Squeeze the filter and slurry to extract the alcohol. There are many details to deal with, but doing it once reveals them all. Experience is the best teacher. Store the extracted alcohol in a fresh bottle.

ha ! great idea for a filter !

and about buchners:

buchner vacuum filtering works for a lot of filterings, but there is a (lower) limit to the particle size that will be stopped by the filter. This cannot be solved by using a filter with smaller holes because the rate of filtration grinds to a halt. You should keep in mind that a vacuum creates a pressure difference of at most 1 atm. To get the liquids flowing though very small pores filters, positive pressure > 1 atm is used. This is how plate (wine) filters work.
If I finally work out a cheap safe way to filter even the worst emulsion forming extracts, I'll post it online. so far no luck.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"Ohw well, there is a chance a friend of mine is going to Poland, if he goes he will bring some "drinkable spirit" for about 1E per liter"

Every year i read about 100s of people dying , geting brain damage or going blind because of drinking it . It ofen contains methanol and / or anti freeze . Stay away from it , you dont know whats in it . And i was under the impression that "ever clear" also has chemicals in it to stop you drinking it .

Aceton , sulphuric and hydrochloric acids can be bought in builders / do it yourself markets and car accesery shops . Hydrogen peroxid from hair dressers . Pet shops and grow shops also have lots of nice things for hobby chemists .

The paper i was talking about is called a "Gewerbeschein" in germany , wich you get at the "ortsamt".

"If I finally work out a cheap safe way to filter even the worst emulsion forming extracts, I'll post it online. so far no luck."

By natural extractions its better to de-fat it when you have your original solution than to try to extract things from an emulsion/gunk later .

What about baseing it or making it acid and using selective/specific or mixed solvents . And/or freeze it with ice spray , liquid Co2 and powdering it with a mortar and pesel before adding it to the solvent/s as powders go better into solution . I know that the ( ultraschall ?) vibrations a fridge makes helps dificult things to go into solution . Geting it better in solution with an ultraschall generator would help , they are not expensive in garden shops , esoteric shops or pet shops ( humidifiers ) . Just freezing things in a deep freeze at -20c and turning them upside down will allow the fats/oils to drip off .

AMEN

LOVE GOD

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Since New Year I decided not to smoke any substance anymore, (unless if it's DMT) just to save my lungs.