Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Sleep Paralysis

lenie

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Jan 2009
i woke up, but i noticed that i couldn't move my body anymore. I looked around and saw a little girl into the door opening staring at me, she started to walk into my room and kept coming closer to me. I was scared and closed my eyes, when i looked again i couldn't see her anymore, but still there was a strange feeling that she was still in my room watching me. i started to hear voices of children/babys (whatever) who were crying right into my ears.
i closed my eyes again and when i opened them it was all gone. it all was very realistic.

have more of you also experienced something like this?
and what did it with you?

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
have you got a fever?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I had it a couple of times when I used to take naps during the day, right after eating a rich meal (lots of fat, milk products and sugar). It only happened to me after I felt an irresistable urge to fall asleep first. It never happened in the early morning, or on an empty stomach. That's how it works for me.

aryaman

Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
It's normal, is a way to avoid the possibilty that the body follows the dream actions, and comes in the fourth fase-rem fase of the sleep.

Usually when you wake up you're not really wake, you know, the brain waves of REM and awakeness are quite similar.
Is a problem the opposite thing, when you do everything coming in the dream... nightwalking :wink:

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I used to experience stuff like this (hypnagogic/hypnopompic hallucinations) a lot when I was a little kid. I'd wake up and see people in the room and as soon as I woke up a bit more or sat up they'd vanish. Another favorite of mine is when you see something in a dream, like a face or body, and and as you are waking up it becomes something that is actually in the room with you. For example one time I saw a face in a dream and as I woke up it became the folded sheets on my bed lying next to me. Occasionally it scared me but usually it was pretty cool when it happened.

My folks were very devout, for a while they thought it was a sign there were evil spirits in our house and they started getting rid of anything they thought might have a connection to the occult =) The doctor assured them what I was experiencing was in fact quite normal... :D

PsychedelicPirate

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
30 Mar 2009
I've never hallucinated anything like that, but I have had experiences where I think I'm awake but my eyelids are too heavy and I'm unable to open my eyes. It's frightening when it happens, and I'm not sure why I get this recurring sensation. I haven't really looked into it so I don't know much. It hasn't happened to me in years, however.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
restin, what if you did have a fever. I have had many strange experiences when I had a fever as a child where I would sleep walk. It was the most scary experiences of my life. They were the same dream with the same meaning behind it. Any information on what that is?

peace & love

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i sometimes when i get into sleep paralysis start to see my environment with eyelids closed... it's as if i had them open.... also i get the hallucionations and stuff but most often can't remember any...
sleep paralysis appears to be a normal phenomena and is maybe there to prevent the body from acting too much while sleeping, though it's operator is thinking (dreaming) it is doing something somewhere... :mrgreen:

overman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
1 Avr 2009
Once that i can remember, back when I was about 14 or 15. I had a fever and was napping in my old family room that had many big windows. I felt awake but couldn't move, and it seemed as if someone had shattered one of the windows, climbed into the room, and stolen the TV. I snapped out of it (actually woke up?) and ran to my brother's room, banging on the door yelling "somebody stole the TV!". We checked and uh, yeah, I felt stupid.