Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Size does matter?

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
WOW is all I have to say.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
What the fuck are we doing in the middle of the desert eh? 8)

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Yeah, an infinite desert. What are we doing here just floating around? This must be all an illusion....

If the universe is infinite, than you cannot compare the size of any planet to the Universe. That is a thought to ponder. Pretty well proves that space is an illusion when you have infinity in the picture.

Rymmen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
Is the universe infinite? I'm inclined to disagree, myself. I've seen beyond the universe while crossing dimensions through astral projection.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
does it matter if it's infinite or not? i mean space seems to be quite big... but then it seems like everything can be found within? hold on i find this phrase quite cool: god doesn't live in me .. i live in god...

also it is strange...somehow we are supposed to be infinitely big and at the same time infintely small.... or well anyway we're relative to the universe, which is as it is... :P

peace

G

Invité
if there is nothing beyond universe, how can we measure it ?
if there is nothing apart from emptiness, how would we define infiniteness ?

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Rymmen a dit:
Is the universe infinite? I'm inclined to disagree, myself. I've seen beyond the universe while crossing dimensions through astral projection.

We tend to hope that our consciousness plays a role within this immense space.

The earth isn't the middle of where the universe began to expand. Even beyond 15.7 billion lightyears there's matery, beyond these outer limits there is matery, but the time is still too young to observe it. As for now, from our position within the universe, it's dark matery.

daytripper a dit:
if there is nothing beyond universe, how can we measure it ?
if there is nothing apart from emptiness, how would we define infiniteness ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_relativity

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
thats interesting what you said brugmansia! maybe the creation of the universe was just another creation of a universe... i mean you know maybe black holes which devour everything and light.. so maybe also time ....

so well maybe we're already in a black hole and don't know it and see the boundaries of the universe as dark matter? like a cycle... everything that needs to go into a black hole will go and from there on it can contribute to the creation of a new universe... sounds nice huh? :mrgreen:

like black holes are the recycler or reassembler of matter...

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Infinity is beyond definition.
But that’s what were all doing, attempting to define the undefinable.
Existence is simply this, the limitless interpretations of eternity.
Don’t attempt to define yourself with perspective, because it is an illusion.
The universe is always 2 steps ahead of its own interpretation.

All is relative to perception.

Rymmen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
Brugmansia a dit:
What do you mean?
The earth isn't the middle of where the universe began to expand. Even beyond 15.7 billion lightyears there's matery, beyond these outer limits there is matery, but the time is still too young to observe it. As for now, from our position within the universe, it's dark matery.
Well, I'm under that matter doesn't move faster than the speed of light... If this is true, then wouldn't we be able to say that we can see all matter with our particular quadrant of the universe.

I'm thinking that we can see everything from the center, because we move slower than the speed of their light gets to us for us to observe, and everything that is beyond us because they move slower than the speed of light, allowing for the same. However, we might not be able to see the matter going in the relative negative direction, since the sum of our speeds might have exceeded the speed of light.

BLEGH. I used to able to think of these things fluently... conforming to society learning is rusting my brain... the things I go through in the name of security.

Rymmen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
buffachino a dit:
Infinity is beyond definition.
But that’s what were all doing, attempting to define the undefinable.
Existence is simply this, the limitless interpretations of eternity.
Don’t attempt to define yourself with perspective, because it is an illusion.
The universe is always 2 steps ahead of its own interpretation.

All is relative to perception.
What we're doing here is giving our interpretation to share and expand on with others. Like you and I do together.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
amazing replies! thanks guys!!! :) thanks for sharing and expanding our consciousness. :P
well i know one more thing to which everything is relative... it's gravitation ... it's changes or effects are taken instantly and related to everything in it's gravitational field... guess what has a big or 1 of the biggest gravitational fields?? yeah black holes... so if there's a mega black hole out there it will eventually devour everything because it's gravitational field is so enormous that its influence is everywhere.

peace. :mrgreen:

Adder

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Mar 2008
BrainEater a dit:
thats interesting what you said brugmansia! maybe the creation of the universe was just another creation of a universe... i mean you know maybe black holes which devour everything and light.. so maybe also time ....

so well maybe we're already in a black hole and don't know it and see the boundaries of the universe as dark matter? like a cycle... everything that needs to go into a black hole will go and from there on it can contribute to the creation of a new universe... sounds nice huh? :mrgreen:

like black holes are the recycler or reassembler of matter...

I have a program around here called "Deep Space Explorer". It's similar to Celestia but it's payware and it depicts the galaxies. You can start zoomed in on Earth then pan out. First you see the local stars then the local cluster of galaxies. Even further out and the other galaxies start showing and you start seeing the great walls and tendrils of galaxies. From there you begin to see a tiny box representing the galaxies we can observe. Further and further out and that box becomes a tiny point and you see nothing but blank space in which all the unobservable galaxies reside. Even further out and you reach the proposed limit of the universe and time.

All that came from a pinpoint of matter bursting into our universe. What you propose is an often debated theory that deserves to be considered. What happens to matter that's drawn into black holes? It leaves the universe but it could be that this is the creation of new universes.

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Science:
The universe can expand faster than the speed of light.
Black holes exert the same amount of gravitation as it's equivalent in normal matter. They do not transport you to another universe, that's a wormhole.
The mysterious dark matter also lies in the visible universe, it is the name we give to the missing matter that should be there according to the observations.

Science-fiction:
I like to think of it as going on in infinity, without beginning, without end. We can try to look back as far as possible, but never reach the beginning.
And the same goes for the scale, on a proton/neutron level everything looks surprisingly like the empty voids of space. For comparison, our universe could be just a cell in another giant organism, and we are something like mini-bacteria. Also we keep on finding smaller and smaller things. First it was the atom (also called the undividible), then the proton, then the quarks, then the ..... Same here, no 'matter' how deep we go, there is always something new. This goes on and on and on.
At least thats how i like to think of it

The following video is very old and i watched it for the first time a loooong time ago, but it is beautiful and can recommend it to anyone with an interest in these things. It's called Powers of Ten.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Soulcatcher a dit:
Science:
The universe can expand faster than the speed of light.
sorry if anybody in here already explained it, but, how can it expand faster than light?

Brugmansia a dit:
Rymmen a dit:

I think that consciousness is the very essence of the universe.
It's not that consciousness is a strange occurence in the materialworld, material is the strange occurence in the consciousness world.

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
sorry if anybody in here already explained it, but, how can it expand faster than light?

Because it is the metric defining distance that is changing rather than objects moving in space, this expansion (and the resultant movement apart of objects) is not restricted by the speed of light upper bound that results from special relativity.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Soulcatcher a dit:

Because it is the metric defining distance that is changing rather than objects moving in space, this expansion (and the resultant movement apart of objects) is not restricted by the speed of light upper bound that results from special relativity.
ah ok.
length contraction might play a role as well(?)

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
this topic reminds me of the song "Starlight" by Muse and the other by Coldplay "speed of sound"