Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Shrooms - The movie

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
shrooms.jpg

oh my god.
"Get ready to get wasted" ...

Trailers:

I don't like that at all.
+ they use Aphex Twin as soundtrack -.-

is there even a movie about psychedelics which doesn't result in horror? if not, lets make one :twisted:
edit: ah I remember, blueberry fits into this category. wasn't very popular though.

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
god dammed, that movie is so fucking LAME!!!! it really has nothing to do with the psychonautic spirit :s a handful hughely stereotyped douchebags :
*the cool guy who knows "everything" about shrooms(with the little moustache)=> the self-assured 'classy' guy => the leader
*his beautifull blond with blue eyes girlfriend => the poor "victime"
*the studry body-builder who takes steroïds => the strong idiot
*his wanna-be "hot asian" girlfriend=> the bitch
*the alternative 'friendly' guy
*the alternative 'friendly' girlfriend

offcourse there's jealousy inbetween them, in fact they hate eachother, but, guess what?, they are gonna have a great time toghether taking mushrooms:s
there's also that disguesting scene where the strong idiot get a blowjob by a kind of monster after having vomit on himself while smiling and talked to a cow who actualy answered him. i don't know why i've watched it till the end, but people: spare your time & money, don't watch it! it could only irritate you. it is not even scary, you see it comming from miles away.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Lame. Very lame. But then, I haven't watched a horror movie for years because they're all lame.

I think we should make a rip-off of this movie, which also starts off with friends going into the forest, but then having the time of their lives, with lots of nicely shot sensual scenes. :D

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I thought it was pretty interesting. Shows how a bad use of psychedelics can have a terrible outcome. There are some interesting conclusions to be made about tripping if you watch well.

(But the end was soooo predictable.)

random

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Déc 2007
Making the front picture of the movie looking like a skull does not help, at all, on the reputation of mushrooms.

I thought it was pretty interesting. Shows how a bad use of psychedelics can have a terrible outcome. There are some interesting conclusions to be made about tripping if you watch well.

Yes. But, probably, this movie will cause even more rejection to the use, and acceptance, of these, and other, psychedelics. Because most of the people that will see this movie, do not have a clue of what this substances are really capable of.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
How does it end?

Monochromatic_Knight

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
First a correction:

This is a UK/Irish/Danish co-production. So you can thank them for introducing this remarkable cultural artifact into our collective un/conscious.

A friend of mine who has seen the film has said that with the exception of two interesting shots, the film lacks everything one would hope a film titled "shrooms" would include.

As for the plot with spoilers check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrooms_(film)

Apparently the film is straight up awful.

Monochromatic_Knight

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
"Reporting on the Horrorthon screening Patrick Thompson stated that Shrooms was the first film to be booed."

skrudge

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
I've seen it.
It's terrible.
I only got through the first half part of the movie, I got a bit too irritated and just had to shut it off. I hate too-typical American characters and their dumbass actions and idealogy. I wish I could talk to the writer. And the director, for following directions from this guy. Ulgh :axe: :vom:

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
lol i've just watched it.

i did expect it to be more anti-shroom
just that fictional blacknipple shroom (which made me laugh)

but the movie itself sucked bigtime. usually i get quite scary watching a horror movie. (i even got scared sometimes watching freddy vs jason).
but this movie wasn't even scary...
and the end was laaaame...

glad i didn't pay for it...