Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Short Term Memory

TheBarn

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Juil 2009
Do You think that Salvia stops and interupts short term memory, I mean so Short that you dont remember blowing out the smoke, seeing whats in front of you, smelling, feeling.. .touching or what these senses are or what they mean?

but moving deeper into that theory, that the reason for the trip is that you don't remember anything apart from what you have as a natural ability, your deep down basic instinct?

to move, to breath, then everything you see is so brand new because you can't remember anything like this before, then your brain tries to make sense of it, and as is it does you slowley start coming back, and the memories you have of the trip is what you have of your brain making sense of the world, the new touches, smells, sights.

Or is it just that I havn't had enough of a trip yet?

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
Personally I've never been unaware of blowing out the smoke. I have, however forgotten who and were I was after I set the pipe down and blew out the smoke. It takes about 3-4 bowls before I start really tripping, so I count how many I've smoked and about on the third, or fourth I make sure the embers are out and I set the pipe in a bowl. From there I just lean back and tend for forget myself and my surroundings. That's just my method of smoking though. I'm sure if I were to smoke more than 4 bowls, that I'd probably drop the pipe on my chest and not feel the embers burning away at my flesh.

I think-- no matter what drug we're meditating on, that you never really forget your core instinct: survival. You may forget that you have it-- but I don't think the subconscious forgets much of anything.

In retrospect I think a Salvia trip is a bit like dreaming-- in the fashion that when you wake up in the morning, you remember little of your dream. The same can be said of a Salvia trip. It's so intense and so short that when you come to-- you forget for some reason. But when you're in Salvia's world you're much like a child in this world. Curious and wanting to take in the newness of it all. The visions, the lights, the smell and touch. Then you come back to this reality and start to slowly remember, 'Oh yeah, I'm 20 here.' I think that Salvia in a way-- allows us to be re-birthed in a sense-- inside ourselves. (Hopefully that made sense).

I've noticed that for me regular non-drug meditations and delving into lucid dreaming seems to help with remembering a Salvia trip.

I'd say you may have had quite a trip, but there's always room and time to learn what works for you.

:)

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
memory != memory.

complex functions such as memory or consciousness in general are processed in the cerebral hemisphere.

the "memory" of breathing, swallowing or heart activity are processed in the medulla oblangata.

So, thank God, you may for some minutes forget who you are but your body will not forget to beat your heart. Salvia would be a very very dangerous drug and, well, brain architecture would be extremely stupid.

:wink:

What you describe sounds like some sort of "defragmentation", which you can do on your computer to bring your files into order, which I think is an interesting and valuable term to bring up in connection to psychedelics.

TheBarn

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Juil 2009
I like what you are saying, about defrag on a PC, perhaps the brain was sorting itself out,

thinking back now its hard to describe and get a feel for how my brain was acting at the time.

I still get this over riding feeling that the reality is just peeling away when I'm on it, so much so that now its becoming a bit of a, well, perhaps burden is a bit strong, even uncomfortable, slightly dark in tone.

is that you get?