Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Shamanism Question

CesarM

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Avr 2013
I am a witness to the amazing benefits and quite a range of trip effects from the ayahuasca brew. I should know since I lived an unforgettable experience on a first class trip through the truth of the universe. The thing is, I went to Baja California, to gather together with a few people to see a Shaman who claimed he had over 40 years of experience. Now to those DMT, especially Ayahuasca users out there, you guys know that one of the things about Ayahuasca is that it literally makes you face your deepest fears, and it can get really, VERY freakin' scary. In my trip I personally started out normal with the common kaledioscopic visions and a sense that I was transcending to the other side, entering a dimension I had never seen in my entire life. Shortly after, the bad part came, which I don't wanna go into detail cause I just don't wanna put all that energy into reliving that part. . . but then I was able to finally trascend to the good side of the Teacher Plant Spirit, and felt an inexplicably strong connection to all human beings in this planet, it was a feeling I'd never had. It came along with a total sense of ego disassociation and a very real sense that I had died and joined the infinite spiritual continuum that connects all the universe.

Well here goes my actual question, the Shaman said that he had helped me get through the bad part of the trip and said that that was the reason I was able to move to the amazing part of the trip. He said he had the ability to enter the same altered state of consciousness that I was without taking any Ayahuasca and that he was able to connect with me in my trip and get me out of that bad place.

The fact is, I did NOT feel any other human presence but mine in the whole trip, and all I saw when I opened my eyes to TRY to escape the bad part was a panicked Shaman's helper, who didn't do absolutely anything as well. The Shaman during that whole day before the ceremony also seemed to be very hesitant when I asked a number of different questions and there was something off about his behavior, like he was making up some stuff he was telling me.

So my conclusion is that he ain't no Shaman after all, and that if one takes Ayahuasca with a good mindset and in a peaceful setting WITHOUT a Shaman, one is going to be just fine. How true would this be? Thank you!

Fear

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
15 Juin 2013
Sounds like he didn't even know what the brew's effects were if he was panicking lol. Like he was worrying that you had overdosed and was going to have to tall the ambulance.
When he told you that he could enter the same state of consciousness, that was 100% false. Sounds like a phony to me.
I don't think a Shaman is really necessary for DMT. A coach to help you take another hit, maybe.

MagicBrad

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Avr 2013
Personally ayahuasca is the one medicine I will only take in the presence of my powerful, loving Shaman Dona Bilma at the ayahuasca foundation. Other physcadelics I can guide myself, just about at times but I trust my intuition and the spirits helping me. Ayahuasca for me was about the whole experience, the plant paths, the other medicinal plants, the diet (organic) no sugar, no oil no stimulus etc. I really enjoyed this aspect of the whole experinece, not to mention the power of the Amazon rainforest! I feel more at home with a community in the jungle when working with Mother ayahuasca.

Also after what O saw and how I delt with my fears/illnesses I needed Dona Bilma there. If she hadn't been there to help my trip I really don't know what would have happened to me, Icould definately feel her presence in my journeys. As did I her assistant shamans Ray Chel, Carlos, Sam and Ari.

Hope this helps,
Magick.

Inscrit
1 Nov 2016
You need to be careful when working with "shamans" these days. I don't know about the comment he made about entering the same state of consciousness without taking it, but I have seen a shaman lessen the intensity of an Ayahuasca experience simply with an icaro. Similar to our friend MagicBrad, I won't take ayahuasca out of ceremony.