Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

searching for THE Psychedelic Experience

EllesDee

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Déc 2009
Hello fellow psychonauts, i just stumbled upon this website by accident a few weeks ago. Ive always been interested in the effects of lsd and other psychedelic drugs and up until recently I couldn't figure out why each of my trips were different. I randomly one day went to a bookstore and bout two books, one of them being The Psychedelic Experience (A manual based on the Tibetan book of the dead) by Timothy Leary and others. This book is basically a manual for tripping, a different kind of tripping. My question to anyone who has ever read this book or been as high as Timothy leary and had a true psychedelic experience, what am I to expect when my ego is destroyed during and after my experience. Ive heard some interviews where John Lennon speaks about reading the same book and how destroying his ego changed his life. Thanks reading! Peace and love to everyone!

"Turn off your mind, relax
and float down stream
It is not dying
It is not dying

Lay down all thought
Surrender to the void
It is shining
It is shining "

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Welcome!

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
With psychedelics you can get into mystical states of mind. You can see the clear light and feel oneness with the universe. These experiences are hard to describe.
I will think about what to write. I will post something about this later.

EllesDee

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Déc 2009
ive read that in order to see the clear light and become one with the universe, one must first erase their ego in order to realize such things

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
what ego?

Oknayd

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mai 2008
That book really helped me a lot after my first 2 shroom-trips, in which i had a lot of difficulty letting go and struggled a lot. My third trip after reading and applying some of the simple techniques went much deeper and was the beginning for me.
It's a good book, just remember that it's just a model though, and don't expect too much.. just go with it

EllesDee

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Déc 2009
yea my last trip I struggled towards the end, i ended up getting stuck in hallucinations which led to panic, my friend couldnt even talk me down all I wanted was for the trip to end, but all I really needed to do was let go and stop worrying. I guess im taking the book too literally, its just some of the visions and experiences the book speaks of boggles my mind!

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
the book is just a book if you read it superficially. Try reading behind the lines into who wrote them. Great wisdom.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
The book is based on The Tibetan book of the dead. It has an eastern mystic approach. it is a helpful manual for psychonauts. It gives you some useful advise and techniques. But I agree with Oknayd it's just a model. .

What is described in the book seems mind boggling. The authors where very spaced out and it was a different time back then. :lol:

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
EllesDee a dit:
ive read that in order to see the clear light and become one with the universe, one must first erase their ego in order to realize such things

A psychedelic experiences doesn't erase the ego. When you take a psychedelic the ego may lose control and may give itself up. That,s where you let go and you can have a mystical experience. The ego however is not destroyed. It just keeps silent. When the trip is over, the ego comes back and you may lose the feeling of unity and oneness you had on the trip.

You can silence the voice of ego by bringing awareness to it.
the voice of the true self get,s clearer by bringing awerness to it. There is a need to work on the self to be open and be more aware. It's very easy to slip back into old habits.

EllesDee

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Déc 2009
check out this interview with john lennon, around the 7:20 mark he talks about this book

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
The Beatles did study with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, for a short time.
There was a great interest in eastern mysticism back then.
Sinds the beginning of the psychedelic 60's many truth seekers went to the east. Some of them got involved with guru's and sects Like Maharishi and his Transcendental meditation or the Hara Krishna movement.

Leary's message to tune in turn on and drop out. Got misunderstood by so many people.
People got hurt by trying to destroy the ego. There is no need to destroy the ego. You need the ego to function in society. There is a need to get more awareness.
There is a need to get to know our body mind and spirit.
And not forget it's good to be playfull if you feel like it. :D

From my experience it takes time to get to know yourself and silence the ego.
The road is full of pitfalls, because the ego is a very smart player. It adepts itself to a situation.

EllesDee

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Déc 2009
thanks everyone for the great advise and insight, im wondering what is the most fascinating experience thats happened to anyone? what did you see? what did you become? where did you go?

morethanasphere

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Avr 2010
Once I was listening to music, the Grateful Dead, while doing nitrous. I laid my head back while holding my breath and was transported to another place, it was like a concert, and I was on the stage dancing with another being like me, but we were both all light, colored light, deep-blue in the center with a yellow-gold band around the outside, and all serrated-like around the edge, and it was like we were all flat, two-dimensional, and I knew but didn't bother to analyze that this was just the only way the visual center of my brain could render the sense data coming in and wasn't really how it looked. We danced with each other, like being attached by a rubber band, which was the music, and leaning away from each other and using the force stretched between us to work with with each other in the dance. And I knew that this was like some kind of send off, I was going somewhere, a foreign place, I was like a student or something, a foreign exchange student. I felt incredibly happy. This all lasted the minute or so I held my breath, and while I slowly exhaled. When I came back to myself I was depressed.

Another time I was in a very dark place cold and windy, and not enough light to really see. There were two women there, one lighter, one darker. They were very dreamy and enigmatic. I knew what they were thinking but they didn't really say anything. I wasn't afraid of them, I knew they were like family, I loved them, but still I was not comfortable. There was a rocky cliff, so I climbed it. At the top, I got out and saw I had come up from some kind of opening, a hole, and I was on a plain that stretched for miles to the horizon, all of similar holes, capped though, unlike mine, and they were like a close-up of skin cells or something, all kind of eye-shaped, running off at a skewed angle. I was amazed at how many of them there were, and I felt greatly relieved, fortunate, having climbed out of the one I was in. This feeling of gladness stayed with me after I exhaled.

jaywabz

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Juin 2010
is it possible to get this experience with just meditation?