Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Salvia divinorum: 20X vs. 40X vs. 60X?

IndigoEntranced

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
26 Sept 2011
I have come to love Salvia divinorum. Each of the times I had smoked it, I had nothing short of a good time while with others, or interesting closed- and open-eye visuals when alone.

I had bought a phial of 'standardized' 20X Salvia for ~35$ from 'Psychonaut', an entheogen shop in Montréal, about 8 months ago. It lasted me a very long time, as it isn't addictive. I normally put it into a pipe, light up, take a large hit and hold it for 15-20 seconds (not 30+, I can't!). The taste is appealing to me, and I enjoy the smell of the smoke.

The effects of S. divinorum are almost instantaneous, so I make sure I'm already sitting down somewhere comfortable when I toke. First off, my head begins to feel as if it is pleasantly expanding, without any kind of uncomfortable pressure. Secondly, my whole being seems to feel pressed into a two-dimensional sheet at the very front of my body (it's a really interesting and intriguing sensation). If I manage to get a good enough hit of 20X, everything starts to look infinite; when I look at something it appears as if there are infinite layers to that object (like when you make two mirrors face each other and peer into it). I begin to lose the ability to speak coherently, and sometimes I'll find things completely ridiculous and highly entertaining. The effects quickly climax and then subside entirely within 20-25 minutes.

One time I had smoked it alone, I gazed into a painting I have of a harbour with a boat (the room was dark). I could imagine and then clearly see that the boat was moving away from the dock in the painting.

My friends enjoyed the experiences they had while trying my 20X salvia as well. Three of us tried it together once and laughed ourselves hoarse for 15 minutes straight.

I'm looking for more intense visualizations and internal trips with Salvia, as I want to tap into its entheogenic attributes. I am planning to move up to 40X and eventually 60X. Has anyone tried these concentrations? Would you be able to describe the different experiences you had trying 20X and then trying 40X? I know that these are not truly standard concentrations as we have no basal unit of X... but it seems to be a useful general guide of salvinorin A content.

Any input and stories about your own experiences would be greatly appreciated!

sunset

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2012
the first and only time i tried a salvia extract it was 80X 1 gram from a local smoke shop... it was extremely weird and mostly unpleasant, my friend thought he had died for almost 10 minutes and was laying on the ground motionless... about a week later me and my friend had high dose lysergic acid experience in which we both had terrible salvia flashback trips, blacked out and went crazy... iv had lots of amazing trips before and since that one, and the only explanation can think of is that most legal salvia is regulated by the tobacco companies, imagne how a L or mushroom trip would be if it had been grown or produced by money grubbing, cancer spreading ignorant bastards. iv also heard reports that salvia isn't necesarily does sensitive, obviously like with any drug the more you smoke the higher you get... but read this story, a friend of mine was smoking salvia leaves homegrown in a tent at a festival, there friend was sleeping on the ground, after alil of them smoking the tent had a minor hotbox, tho it was partially open, the sleeping friend woke up frying nuts from inhaling the straight leave smoke in he air, salvia choses who and when it strikes... at least thats what iv heard

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
^ not likely...

also, it is important to mention that with salvia, the better experiences will actually be had with the lower concentrations. these are much easier on the mind. may i remind you all that we are talking about salvinorin, the singlemost potent hallucinatory chemical that has ever been discovered to this date. why the fuck would anyone want to concentrate it?? i've been to an entirely separate reality from this one with no recollection of this life on plain leaf. it's mostly about smoking technique, and how much one takes on the first hit. all i have to say in regards to that is: chill the smoke as it's being created and take as much as physically possible on the first go around. if one doesn't leave their body with this technique, then they are not doing it right.

Ouroboros

Inscrit
1 Déc 2010
Agreed, i think the only interest with concentrate salvia is that is easier on lungs, but that's not mean that you need to smoke the same doses to get super high.
I personnaly hate concentrate, too strong and because of that you're missing the point of smoking salvia.

sunset

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2012
except that drugs, especially salvia, are different for everyone, iv smoke'd home grown leaf in many a session, and it usually takes different amounts, though not allways... iv gotten quite high of it, but never really left my body, so who can say i ever will.. my brain chemistry must not be right

rocketramo

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
Hi there Ophiuchus,
I know I've just joined your blog, but are you sure of that quote
"the singlemost potent hallucinatory chemical that has ever been discovered" when refering to Savinorin A.
I'm sure LSD held that crown. Also I expect "concentrating" it is the wrong way of expressing what should be called a refinning process.

ps,
your technique is spot on.

rocketramo

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
leaf will always vary in potency, the same can be said for extracts. there is no standard.

"Salvinorin A has been reported to be the most potent naturally occurring hallucinogen, with an effective dose in humans in the 200- to 1,000-μg range when smoked (1, 3). Salvinorin A thus rivals the synthetic hallucinogens LSD and DOB in potency." - Salvinorin A: A potent naturally occurring nonnitrogenous

you are right, it is just about on par with lsd, ug for ug. keep in mind though that we are talking about 2 different entities altogether. lsd must be synthesized, it does not occur naturally. no amount of ergot would cause one to hallucinate (without dieing first), whereas a few salvia leaves chewed would put one into a properly altered state, this is why i say that. i feel like people underestimate it as well because of the legality.

it is a refining process wherein the chemical is concentrated into less plant matter. this is commonly called an extract, even though there is still plant matter present. the plant matter is merely added so that the concentrate may be measured more easily.

Mrjelly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
The only time I took this it was 80x it was not the experience I had hoped for, best stay with the lower dose.

Mrjelly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
My trip was very long not a quick trip like had been reported to me before taking it. I was told that it would only be an hour or so but it was like 6 hours then I passed out and woke up late after some amazing dreamscape. Anyone ever have this experience?

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
6 hours?!

mine lasted about 5 min, in terms of totally foreign material. after about 5 min i was totally back in my body visually, but felt elevated on an afterglow for only about the rest of the hour. i can't imagine 6 hours of that. thats intense

rocketramo

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
I, as you can tell from previous comments, I am not a professional drug taker. Far from it in reality. But one thing I do know is, X10 ,X20, X40 , X80 or whatever, what a sensible person should do is place a small amount "and if your not sure what a small amount is" think about how much you just spent on your stash and divide it by how much it cost you, and put about a £5 worth in the pipe and go. Fuck the nonsense about the X factor, just put a smidge in the pipe and suck like life itself depends on the inhalation. With this stuff you WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

Kevin1

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
13 Juin 2012
My first time was with a 20X concentrate, I was doing it on my living room couch with my dachshund sitting nearby. I took a big blaster hit, and promptly passed out. I awoke to find my normally stoic wife frantically rifling through my pockets, tears streaming from her eyes and sobbing frantically. She grabbed my cellphone and raced out the door. I looked at my dog and said "What's her problem?" He replied "I don't know, but you'd better catch her before she does something stupid." I ran for the door, then realizing that my dog had just spoken I stared briefly at him, then said "Naaahhhh..." and ran outside. Wifey was still sobbing as she tried frantically to dial the phone. I asked her what was wrong, and she told me how she had heard me make an awful moaning sound(my lungs emptying as I passed out), and when she came into the room I was splayed out on the couch twitching in a somewhat spasmodic fashion. Thinking that I had suffered a heart attack or stroke she panicked and took my phone to call our son. I tried to console her by telling her that I had simply passed out from a salvia hit, and promptly got a different kind of hit for scaring her shitless. :lol: