Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Sage (Salvia officinalis)

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
I regularly smoke Sage leaves (usually at work) to feel the relaxing effects. It goes together quite nicely rolled with a bit of cannabis, which I like to smoke at home when I don't want to get too stoned, nice taste.

Has anyone else tried it? Did it work for you? I have a couple friends who feel nothing after smoking it.

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
There's a whole bunch of plants within the family of Sage. There's one genus, Salvia divinorum, which has significant psychedelic effects. The others, not so much, or not at all.

I've smoked a different genus of Salvia once. Just the leaf. Its effects felt the same as Salvia D, which kinda resembles the coming up of an acid trip, but not quite. I believe variety I smoked was Salvia leucantha, but I could be wrong. What genus do you smoke?

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
I smoke Salvia officinalis, this is the species usually used as an herb for foods. I like to buy fresh sage and dry it out myself, rather than buy the spice shaker bottles that have sat on the shelf for who-knows-how-long. I really like the taste and the subtle effects.

Yesterday though, I smoked quite a few sage joints throughout the day and it gave me actually a moderate buzz and left me sapped of energy haha. It felt like the sedative effects of kava in a way.

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
Hmm. Are you by chance on any medication? Stimulants, or anything else-- even a sleeping pill?

'Sage is used as a nootropic for its acetylcholinesterase inhibitor properties. An "Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitor" promotes the availabilty of Acetylcholine. '

If you are, be wise to limit your intake of Sage.

'Modern evidence supports its effects as an anhidrotic, antibiotic, antifungal, astringent, antispasmodic, estrogenic, hypoglycemic, and tonic. In a double blind, randomized and placebo-controlled trial, sage was found to be effective in the management of mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease.' - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_officinalis#Medicinal

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
None whatsoever, used to be, but decided to use natural solutions to mitigate my symptoms. Until the solution is found within that is.

I have always been more sensitive to chemicals than others, thujone et cetera from sage are the same, I suppose.

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
Perhaps. Think of your diet, even. It could be interacting with anything.

I'm the same, I'm sensitive to chemicals. If I drink one sup of coffee, I get depressed and tired.

Thujone to me hasn't had any significant effect. I may have not tried it in high enough levels though. I'm really not comfortable with smoking something I'm not sure is 100% mind-altering.

How much of Sage to you roll in a joint?

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Honestly be careful with thujone (wormwood in general) as it is technically a poison. Be careful dosing up.

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
@Synith, I roll about the same amount as I do with a marijuana joint. Though I use longer filters than most, I fucking hate pinching the joint and burning myself.

@Darkwolf, yeah I've read that Thuje is toxic to both brain and liver cells. The LD50 is 45mg/kg for rats, and that's thujone, not sage itself. That means a lot of plant matter to smoke :lol: To put it into perspective, THC's LD50 is 42mg/kg, small difference.

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
I have noticed actually, a fairly significant decrease in short-term memory in the past while. I'm not sure if I can attribute this to smoking sage or to stress, but I am going to take a break from the sage for a while and see what becomes of it. I had been vaping weed on a nightly basis for the last couple months as well, but this decrease in memory seems more substantial than previously felt from THC alone. Regardless, I have decided to space out my vapourizing time more anyway, using weed everyday isn't good. Using anything everyday isn't good, I suppose.

I'm going to abstain from all psychoactives once my ayahuasca gets here, so maybe then I will really know.

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
Perhaps it's from both. The short-term thing goes away the more you're exposed to Cannabis. But yes, doing something every day isn't good for your body. Everything in moderation. I hope you have a safe and introspective journey with DMT. :)

MindAsh

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Juil 2010
Synith a dit:
There's a whole bunch of plants within the family of Sage. There's one genus, Salvia divinorum, which has significant psychedelic effects. The others, not so much, or not at all.

I've smoked a different genus of Salvia once. Just the leaf. Its effects felt the same as Salvia D, which kinda resembles the coming up of an acid trip, but not quite. I believe variety I smoked was Salvia leucantha, but I could be wrong. What genus do you smoke?

Salvia Divinorum is the one that offers psychedelic effects and can be much stronger than an lsd peak but ONLY if you smoke it properly which ill go into detail on another time and only if you get extract that is standardized which no headshop ive yet seen carries aside from a few select ones online. pm me if you have any questions about salvia please, i have 10 years experience with it and over 300 trips that make lsd look laughable (altho it is much shorter in duration) if your only getting mild effects from it then your not following proper guidelines or smoking crap extract, anything marketted above 20x is exactly that, marketting trust me on that one. ive smoked 5x standardized extract that has actually blown me into other dimensions and sometimes even caused temporary amnesia to this reality

Jamapricotica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008
This post has been edited by me, Jamapricotica, for the simple reason that I am attempting to cleanup and/or improve my presence on this forum.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
The essential oil should include A-thujone, B-thujone, camphor and cineol. If you diffuse that in a small room, or inhale from the bottle you should feel effects.

Jamapricotica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008
This post has been edited by me, Jamapricotica, for the simple reason that I am attempting to cleanup and/or improve my presence on this forum.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
I have a friend who swears by the effects of various essential oils. He has fibromyalgia and OCD and uses the oils to self medicate to positive effect. He's told me about a particular experienced that described ego death when he diffused sandalwood oil in a small room and meditated.

Just use google to find out more. This is a studied area of integrative medicine now, so you'll not have problems researching.